• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Taliban Says it Will Open Schools in Afghanistan

Yrys said:
Mmmm, what about also  72 Playgirls boys or Chippendales (HA! ) , to
satisfied all taste ?   ;D
The only problem with that is that the Taliban are not exactly what I would call an equal opportunity employer!

So, you'll have to rely upon "decadent" western (occidental) culture to provide for you :D

Enjoy!

I wonder if they will have a French language terrorist seperate school board?  And when their jihadists aren't getting to kill themselves on "the good" targets, will they threaten to go independant?  ;D

The idea of the taliban opening up a school, and somehow working it out politcaly that it can share its 'beleif' scares me to the core. These are the same group that drag 'progressive' teachers out of the class rooms and execute them in front of the students all the while yelling 'god is good, god is great'(i am citing this from some books i have read, not from experiences i have seen ,so take that for what its worth). My worry is that on a political front, NATO might be forced to view this as a 'middle ground' and a compromise due to popular media.
Maybe i just read too much *shrug*

Lostcargo,
What you have to consider is the material the TB intend to teach to the town's people.
They will teach the Koran and only the Koran - and how they interpret the words of the prophet.  This is more like "Bible school" ... and the women aren't about to be invited to attend... at least not anytime soon.

Nope - not a compromise

...And even if girls were allowed to go to school, you can bet they'd be in the full burkas and learning only religious subjects, such as how to be a good wife (or at least, one of four).

portcullisguy said:
...And even if girls were allowed to go to school, you can bet they'd be in the full burkas and learning only religious subjects, such as how to be a good wife (or at least, one of four).

Mmm, no.  I think that any school is out for them other than the school of Rock-Upside-Yer-Head P.S.

glock17 said:
I wish my Grad party had included 72 virgins........... ;D

It's a Joke folks, no offence intended

My grad party at high school did... it was not fun.

SR... Is that's because there were still 72 virgins after the party?

He's annoyed because 36 of the virgins after the prom were boys.

ouch, that hurts  ;D
Lets just say a month preceding grad was a wake up call for me and leave it at that.

Back