• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Taliban Jack shares gay pride in Vancouver

Exarecr

Inactive
Reaction score
Right on Jack, you looked so regal, so happy and full of self and image as you probably calculated mentally the browny points the little flag waving show would produce, or the info-bites for the media........(not that theres anything wrong with it). Try this little parade down the merry streets of Kandahar and lets just see how long the smiles remain.

Exarecr said:
Right on Jack, you looked so regal, so happy and full of self and image as you probably calculated mentally the browny points the little flag waving show would produce, or the info-bites for the media........(not that theres anything wrong with it). Try this little parade down the merry streets of Kandahar and lets just see how long the smiles remain.

There's an abstract connection here to Afghanistan, but I don't see why the link here was necessary. I mean, I dislike Taliban Jack as much as the next guy, especially since this was likely an exploitive photo-op... But if he wants to show support for homosexuals, why is this necessarily a bad thing?

This just sounds like reactionary hatred to Jack Layton, not for any real concrete reason.

Or maybe it is another example of how Jack Bin Laden stands up for "anything that he thinks can get him votes" and not for "any real issues that are facing Canada".

Let's see the pictures of JBL standing shoulder to shoulder with troops returning or deploying waving the Canadian Flag...

Just another example to strengthen my personal opinion of JBL and the NDP.  As a political party, I have one word to describe them.

INADEQUATE.

In every sense of the word...

Mud Recce Man said:
As a political party, I have one word to describe them.

INADEQUATE.

In every sense of the word...

True enough. Even his "support" for gays is very conditional; no such parade could ever have taken place in Taliban era Afghanistan (unless it was a parade of condemned gay men and women going to the national soccer stadium to be executed). The larger problem for both the NDP is a very stunted vision that goes no farther than navel gazing. The fact that large numbers of Canadians seem to share the same stunted vision is something that should alarm us all.

a_majoor said:
True enough. Even his "support" for gays is very conditional; no such parade could ever have taken place in Taliban era Afghanistan (unless it was a parade of condemned gay men and women going to the national soccer stadium to be executed).

Wow, it's not often that you get both a red herring AND an ad hominem tu quoque fallacy in the same sentence.

I hate Taliban Jack as much as the next (straight) guy, but I really don't see any kind of link between him backing up gays, and his opposition to the mission in Afghanistan. That's like saying that because I proclaimed to not like clams, I'm not allowed to say I like poutine. It makes no sense, the two have absolutely nothing to do with one another, and this is just a knee-jerk reaction--the same kind of reaction many of you attribute, rightly, to the left-wingers.

(Nothing personal, Mr. Majoor, but you happened to have a quote I wanted to pick up on.)

If you're not serving in the armed forces, know this is a military forum not a political one. Military personels are not interested in discussing policies but rather implement them. If you are serving in the armed forces, i strongly advice that show some restrain on those matters, you are OUT of line right now. If you think about joining the military you better hold your tongue once you're in. Not all people talk but everybody listen! They're some assignment and promotion you'll need security clearance and they will not give, i repeat they will not give security clearance to someone who are racist, homophobic or show any behavior which contradict Canada's policies. We are interested in you're skill not you're opinion.

PM inbound R22Reg.

The Milnet.ca Staff

The CPC didnt show up @ Toronto Pride.
Little off topic but just saying I was kinda sad bc the NDP, Libs and Greens were all there.
I think its great Layton is supporting the parade. I dont like his policies in general but in this area I think the NDP is miles ahead of the CPC.

FascistLibertarian said:
The CPC didnt show up @ Toronto Pride.
Little off topic but just saying I was kinda sad bc the NDP, Libs and Greens were all there.
I think its great Layton is supporting the parade. I dont like his policies in general but in this area I think the NDP is miles ahead of the CPC.

You may be onto something there.  My wife is convinced that half of Canadians are Homosexuals or Lesbians.  Go figure.

George Wallace said:
You may be onto something there.  My wife is convinced that half of Canadians are Homosexuals or Lesbians.  Go figure.
It's due to the exposure of Gays and Lesbians in popular media.  Even if she's homophobic, tell her to not to worry: they make up only some 2-3% of the general population.

Boy its hard to tell where to start, might as well go with the chronological order...

Exarecr said:
Right on Jack, you looked so regal, so happy and full of self and image as you probably calculated mentally the browny points the little flag waving show would produce, or the info-bites for the media

To repeat previous posters, okay you dont like Jack - Whats the point of your post?

R22Reg said:

If you're not serving in the armed forces, know this is a military forum not a political one. 

I disagree, this is quite the political site!  And, its a civilian-owned site, not DND-sponsored.  And, its a voice for CF members to discretely discuss issues they want to clarify, not just a platform for armchair generals.  And its a site for former CF members to keep in touch with whats going on about military issues.  And,...you get the picture...

Captain Sensible said:
It's due to the exposure of Gays and Lesbians in popular media.  Even if she's homophobic, tell her to not to worry: they make up only some 2-3% of the general population.

Actually, based on studies from 2004, its estimated at about 5-6%, and those are only the ones who are willing to self-declare that they are gay/lesbian/bisexual/transexual.  You can now suspect twice as many people of being orientated towards alternate lifestyles...

GreyMatter said:
Actually, based on studies from 2004, its estimated at about 5-6%, and those are only the ones who are willing to self-declare that they are gay/lesbian/bisexual/transexual.  You can now suspect twice as many people of being orientated towards alternate lifestyles...

Time to dig out my old copy of "The Neverending War" and refresh my memory as to what the end result was.......  :eek:

George Wallace said:
Time to dig out my old copy of "The Neverending War" and refresh my memory as to what the end result was.......  :eek:

I googled that and there seems to be a lot of articles and books refering to "The Neverending War".  What book is that?

Well, technically, if you have 14,801 members (as of a few minutes ago) then, technically up to 888 (about 6%) of the members of this site could be G/L/B/T. 

And of "355 Guests, 72 Users (8 Hidden)" currently viewing this page, then 21 of 335 guests and and 4 of 72 users could be G/L/B/T.  Thats only technically of course, given there's no way to know for sure...   

"Not that there's anything wrong with that" (Seinfeld)

R22Reg said:

If you're not serving in the armed forces, know this is a military forum not a political one. Military personels are not interested in discussing policies but rather implement them. If you are serving in the armed forces, i strongly advice that show some restrain on those matters, you are OUT of line right now. If you think about joining the military you better hold your tongue once you're in. Not all people talk but everybody listen! They're some assignment and promotion you'll need security clearance and they will not give, i repeat they will not give security clearance to someone who are racist, homophobic or show any behavior which contradict Canada's policies. We are interested in you're skill not you're opinion.

Why the attitude? I see your profile is empty. If anyone is out of line you are by barking out the above quote.

What's your experience? Any operational service (not that it matters)? I am interested in discussing politics within the military and around it.

Have a good day.

Wes

GreyMatter said:
I googled that and there seems to be a lot of articles and books refering to "The Neverending War".   What book is that?

Sorry.  I goofed.  It should have been "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman.

Jack supports gays and lesbians.....

Taliban stones gays and lesbians.....

Jack wants to work with to stop fighting the Taliban.......

Now THATS support......

What I was trying to point out (and others as well. I think) is that the NDP is trying to cherry pick certain groups and demographics. A politician or party with an overarching "human rights" agenda would not only support a gay pride parade in Canada, but also actions that directly or indirectly support the same rights in other parts of the world.

Reading the various positions taken by the NDP, Greens and Dion era Liberals, it is quite clear there is no overarching philosophy or agenda (except the tactical one of getting votes or splitting votes from opposing parties), rather an incoherent mismash of positions to appeal to whoever you are talking to at that moment.

As a basis of articulating a national vision or actually running a complex enterprise like a national (or even provincial or municipal) government, this is clearly inadiquate.

Back