• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Taking unusually long?

bomber12

Inactive
Reaction score
I am starting to get a bit worried that I well never be in the military.
I sent in my application mid January and I finally got the call for "one day processing"
What exactly happens on "one day processing"? Is it just writing the CFAT?
It has taken about 5 and a half months for me to just get a date on when I well be processed. Now, I do live really far from a recruiting center (it takes a day and a half drive). So should I be worried on how long this is taking?

IIRC, one day processing is everything in one day.  CFAT, medical and interview.  Why didn't you ask them when they called?  They probably did that because you are so far away from them.  You should call and see if they will pay for transportation, hotel, meals, etc.  A day and a half drive?  Where the heck do you live?

Anyway, if you do some reading on the recruiting threads, you will see that everyone's time varies.  A lot of it depends on the trade(s) you have chosen, the availability and when the trades course is actually running so that they can get you right from BMQ to QL3 as soon as possible and avoid you sitting on PAT (or PRETC) for too long.

I wouldn't be too worried, I submitted my application in the fall of last year :). The wait is not unusual due to the current economic situation, I suspect there are quite a lot more applicants than usual.

As far as 1 day processing, I agree with PMedMoe. It should be your CFAT, Medical, & Interview. If you live so far away perhaps there is a remote team that comes up to somewhere near you. I live in Kelowna, B.C. and every month or so there is a team that comes up here to process applicants from this area. I believe they will try and make arrangements for you to get to the closest remote processing (travel and possible accommodation). In 2007 when I did my first processing there were applicants from Prince George that were flown in and put up in a hotel overnight. Call your local CFRC, they will have all the answers you need :)

Don't worry about the length of time. The military is full of hurry up and wait.  For example myself, I was in the reserves, then went onto the sup list in 2003.  I started the process of being removed from the sup list to go back to training back in 2006.  I just now got the call to go for my medicall.  So as you can see it can sometimes take time and everything is on case by case basis.  That being said there were also a lot of changes in clerks in my unit so that didn't help either.

I live way up on the North Coast of BC. They are sending testing teams up this way on the week of July 6-10. Apparently we only get testing teams up this way once a year which kinda sucks.
Well it looks like that the day I get processed is going to be a busy day for me lol. I am getting kinda nervous for it and its a month away.
I didn't ask what the one day processing is about because I was to excited when I got the call and it slipped my mind until I hung up and thought to myself, "one day processing? what the hell?".
Its weird that they don't have CFRC in Prince George. Otherwise I wouldn't of had to wait so long to get my processing done?

My application have been sitting at the MCC's desk for over a year, last they told me they were still  processing my application. (I wrote my CFAT on June of 2008 and am still waiting for the medical). So just be patient and eventually it'll be your turn.

I submitted my application on April 14th and had my 1 day processing on April 16th. As someone else said one day processing is the CFAT, Medical, and then interview. I had one day processing because I live in Louisville, KY and was in Toronto visiting my parents. They were going to pay for my travel but I told them to keep them money as I didn't want to take the CF's money until I got in. They did pay for my lunch though.

Get lots of sleep the night before and arrive in the city the day before. The reason I say this is it can be very stressful doing everything in one day. I wrote the CFAT and before getting my results(Qualified for my trades) I had to take the medical. My heart rate was fast because I just finished the CFAT and didn't know if I passed.

They should let you know but more then likely they will cover the cost to get you there and back. My cousin lives in Fort Simpson, NT and they flew him to Yellowknife for one day processing.

As far as how long the process takes there is no standard. Many people have taken a couple of years to be accepted. It only took me a month and a half but then again I'm going field artillery.

Good luck and remember lots of sleep because it a long and draining day.

So, your the guy I got bumped for! Glad to see that all went well for you. I am still waiting for my medical file to be OK'd and sent back, 6 weeks now!!

Many people have taken a couple of years to be accepted

Ha! It is to laugh. Here's a tale for ya...

I applied in 2004, and it took until 2007 to go through the whole process. HMCS York had been really on my side during the enlistment process, and I had a great unit recruiter. But the process was held up in several places, partly as I have prior service and everything just took forever.... Finally, I was tentatively loaded onto my IAP/BOTC in 2007, just needed to get final papers back from Ottawa - 3 days prior to leaving they turned me down for medical reasons.

Now the fun bit - one year later (2008) I get a call from the CFRC saying they are closing my file. So, no problem, I had been turned down, but I'm curious why it was left open. NO! they say, my enrollment was approved, the decision was reversed three weeks after they had originally turned me down.

I hit the roof - I had been approved for enrollment for a YEAR, and no one at the CFRC or my unit called to tell me. However, as it had been a year, it was all cancelled out and I have to start from scratch.

Well, my life had taken a different turn during that year, and I'm only now ready to give it another shot. This will make it 5 years in this process, 2004 to 2009.  I pray it doesn't take me another 2 or 3 years to go through the process, as frankly I'm getting older and I'll literally run out of useful years to give the CF.

So everyone talking about months in the process - I wish I was that lucky.

To everyone enlisting, I with you well in your careers.

I am starting to get a bit worried that I well never be in the military.
I sent in my application mid January and I finally got the call for "one day processing"
What exactly happens on "one day processing"? Is it just writing the CFAT?
It has taken about 5 and a half months for me to just get a date on when I well be processed. Now, I do live really far from a recruiting center (it takes a day and a half drive). So should I be worried on how long this is taking?
wow, you are not the only one on Reddit the members of the armed forces bashed me about saying the process is a joke i applied for pilot a little over a year ago and got a random email saying I had 2 days to book just the CFAT TEST lol i tried to book and it was full emailed them like they said if it was full then 5 days later they forget about my email and put my application on a temp closer saying i didn't book in time....emailed them again a week and a half ago when this all went down still nothing so i gotta wait another year then ay very hard to stay motivated when they say they need more people WELL IM HERE WAITING All I want is to do the very first step and just go and get my CFAT test done but they can't even have enough people to set that up or what? would have been halfway through to my career by now but the Canadian way is your gonna wait and your gonna wait and some more and you're gonna like it bigger joke than a student loan that would only take MAX a year but now im seeing even when that time comes even if it does i gotta wait another year for medical? wtf is this joke of a military?!?!?! i get the forces are no guarantees but are you kidding me????? if this was a major thing in 2008 2009 then in 2022 its the same thing NOTHING has changed and it will never get any better if your looking for a career don't be looking here they won't even give you a shot to write the cfat test the first step and yes i realize they don't wait on anyone but you can't give me 40 mins in a year and a half like REALLY? the biggest waste of 2 years of my life thinking this is what i was going to do and not even the pilot role anything but NOPE! SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE FRUITION and don't even try 9/10 the armed forces will disappoint you and 10/10 you will lose all faith in them all together when you realize how unorganized they actually are do you really want to be a part of THIS MESS????

Last edited:
wow, you are not the only one on Reddit the members of the armed forces bashed me about saying the process is a joke i applied for pilot a little over a year ago and got a random email saying I had 2 days to book just the CFAT TEST lol i tried to book and it was full emailed them like they said if it was full then 5 days later they forget about my email and put my application on a temp closer saying i didn't book in time....emailed them again a week and a half ago when this all went down still nothing so i gotta wait another year then ay very hard to stay motivated when they say they need more people WELL IM HERE WAITING All I want is to do the very first step and just go and get my CFAT test done but they can't even have enough people to set that up or what? would have been halfway through to my career by now but the Canadian way is your gonna wait and your gonna wait and some more and you're gonna like it bigger joke than a student loan that would only take MAX a year but now im seeing even when that time comes even if it does i gotta wait another year for medical? wtf is this joke of a military?!?!?! i get the forces are no guarantees but are you kidding me????? if this was a major thing in 2008 2009 then in 2022 its the same thing NOTHING has changed and it will never get any better if your looking for a career don't be looking here they won't even give you a shot to write the cfat test the first step and yes i realize they don't wait on anyone but you can't give me 40 mins in a year and a half like REALLY? the biggest waste of 2 years of my life thinking this is what i was going to do and not even the pilot role anything but NOPE! SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE FRUITION and don't even try 9/10 the armed forces will disappoint you and 10/10 you will lose all faith in them all together when you realize how unorganized they actually are do you really want to be a part of THIS MESS????
Holy shit... nothing but question marks for a whole paragraph? My cerebrum has a cramp.

Holy shit... nothing but question marks for a whole paragraph? My cerebrum has a cramp.
I'm just trying to put out my experience in trying to join the armed forces and how it shouldn't be this difficult to get a test to see if they even want you at all booked I would expect it to get difficult when your joined and getting ready to learn your occupation not beforehand what would be some questions you have?

just for the record, I'm in Kelowna BC and we don't have a proper office to just walk in like Vancouver or etc and that's probably the main issue here but if the classes you give out to people are full within the day of being sent out people are wanting to join and I shouldn't be hearing this crap on the news and etc of a recruitment crisis are we to blame not wanting to join or is it actually them for their flawed recruitment process?

just for the record, I'm in Kelowna BC and we don't have a proper office to just walk in like Vancouver or etc and that's probably the main issue here but if the classes you give out to people are full within the day of being sent out people then people do want to join and I shouldn't be hearing this crap on the news and etc of a recruitment crisis are we to blame not wanting to join or is it actually them for their flawed recruitment process?

This is why I laughed at the recent media reports of the CF not getting enough recruits.

I started my application first week of September this year. I am now thru "Final Processing" awaiting for my criminal record check, as per my recruiter, i'll be in the competition list within the next 2wks. Every application is different, because of the career path we picked. Wish you all the best!

ps. i'm from Kelowna, completed cfat the following week after my first contact. Make sure you keep in touch with them.😊

glad to hear that man but yea I've given up sent out a total of 7 emails to the recruitment office in 5 months NOT 1 real email back except an automated email saying to book myself to a none existent appointment and yes i check my email more 5 times a day if you don't call that ghosting I don't know what is best of luck man

Last edited:
Back