• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Taking their sweet ass time or is it me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Rico

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm in need of a little advice.  I've already gone through the boards, and haven't really found anything that describes my situation, so I figured I'd take my chances and post it.

Here's the situation.  I'm presently an untrained enlistee, whose been waiting for the past four months to hear something back from the CFRC in regards to my enlistment.  So far I've completed all of the necessary paperwork, completed my CFAT and passed, have taken the medical and passed and have completed my interview.  So essentially, all the pre-work is done for.  Now, here's the thing- I did all this back in April, and have been waiting patiently by my phone since then for a call, but haven't heard word-one from the recruitment center.  In that time, I have called the recruitment center several times, usually getting a voice mail, but always leaving my name, serial, phone number and a request to get back to me as soon as is convenient.  Haven't heard a damn thing. 

Now, can anyone think of any reason why I seem to be getting the silent treatment here?  I have not been informed of any problems as far as my file is concerned, but am wondering if there is perhaps a problem there that they're not willing to speak to me about---is that even a possibility?  It's difficult for me to do anything at the moment if I don't know what's going on.  I feel like I'm getting the mushroom treatment here.  Can anyone lend me some advice or suggestions?  Anything at this point would be highly appreciated.

Rico

Your profile lists you as a Pte.  To me, this would mean that you have been sworn in and enrolled.  However, your post states that you are only as far as the interview.

What was the last thing CFRC said to you when you last spoke to them?  Have you thought about going down to see them in person?  What city are you in, and what are you applying for?

Rico,

What have you applied for?  Reserves, Regs?  What trade? Also have you thought about walking into your centre to ask some questions or contact your MCC for more info?  My suggestion is to go down in person and find out what's going on.

Good luck.

I'm a paper private...that's what they have me recorded as as a result of being a reservist before.

I'm in Toronto, applied for (reg force) MP, Engineers and Infantry, and according to my aptitude results was cleared for all.  My preference at this point is Engineers- which is one of the reasons I've been calling them to try to get that changed as my first choice.  The last thing that was said to me was that I would likely be hearing from one of the regiments I selected as preference in the near future. 

I was hoping to avoid going down there though since ideally what I want done should require a simple phone call.  But as you say Recceguy, it's hard to ignore someone whose standing right there. 

Well if MP was your 1st choice and you were a strong candidate they may be waiting for the next MPAC board to sit.  That may be why you haven't heard anything yet.  As to not returning your calls who knows.  At this stage go down down there and it should sort itself out.  Out of curiosity do you have voicemail?  I'm being serious, as some people don't and sometimes wonder why they haven't been called back when they have on several occasions with no result, possibly leading to one's file being closed due to lost contact.  Hopefully this isn't the case.

No voicemail, but my cellphone is my only phone and is basically an extra limb on me so it's difficult for me to miss calls.  Nevertheless, they've incorrectly dialed me on a number of occasions according to them, so who knows, maybe they keep dialing the wrong number.  Going down seems like the best option.

Thanks guys, I think I have what I need.  You can close this one up if you wish.

Bobby,
They may have indeed called you, failed to reach you and stuffed your file at the bottom of the pile.
It does happen.

Note that right now the CFRC people will be involved with the goings on at the CNE.
The lights are on and there should be someone left at the recruiting centre but, they might not be able to answer you right away.

Bobby Rico said:
No voicemail, but my cellphone is my only phone and is basically an extra limb on me so it's difficult for me to miss calls.  Nevertheless, they've incorrectly dialed me on a number of occasions according to them, so who knows, maybe they keep dialing the wrong number.  Going down seems like the best option.

Thanks guys, I think I have what I need.  You can close this one up if you wish.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back