• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tac Vest: What's this?

Bzzliteyr

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I have just perused through all of my PDFs for the CTS TV and I can't seem to find what the thing my pencil is pointing at does?

Anyone have an idea?

Be as imaginative or factual as you'd like.. I think its time to lighten up on the TV.

If you do have the REAL answer, please put it in bold so we can all prosper from the newfound knowledge.

Bzzliteyr said:
I have just perused through all of my PDFs for the CTS TV and I can't seem to find what the thing my pencil is pointing at does?

Anyone have an idea?

Be as imaginative or factual as you'd like.. I think its time to lighten up on the TV.

If you do have the REAL answer, please put it in bold so we can all prosper from the newfound knowledge.

IIRC that little velcro part was made to hold the different colour lens for the mini maglite.

Now I don't know what it was actually made for but I do know what it works for, I have this bad habit of putting my maglite after a fire mission or sometimes even during a lull in a mission and have the tendency to loose it so I have a 3' piece of paracord on it and I use that little Velcro thing to hold the paracord when I have the maglite the pouch... Would be interesting to know what the text box answer is though, I seem to recall reading it on the little pamphlet that cam with the TV just can't remember what it said though...

From TV Booklet the item is A Flashlight pocket (for mini-MagLite™or equivalent) with coloured lens holder.

Hope this helps.

I don't really see how it would secure the coloured lenses, but then again I just don't use the issued maglite. Like all of the velcro on the TV, though, it excels at fraying and letting loose grass and foliage stick to it.

PatrickO said:
I don't really see how it would secure the coloured lenses, but then again I just don't use the issued maglite. Like all of the velcro on the TV, though, it excels at fraying and letting loose grass and foliage stick to it.

I know but according to the PAM that's what its there for.

I have seen people with the lens set ON thier maglites with the maglite in the pocket.. but never anyone with it on that little velcro patch..

Maybe an important email to CTS or DLR might heed the answer.  You never know, this piece might be an integral part of the equipment and is the answer to why there are UCRs and complaints going in.  We are not using it properly (like the small pack).

Its for putting your maglight temporarily. Or you can just put it back in its pocket and secure it so you don't lose your flashlight in the dark. It's a stupid idea all in all.

It is a lens holder.

Undo the velcro all the way.  Now inspect the tab that the velcro was wrapped around.  If you look very closely, you'll find a tiny pocket that's just big enough to fit a mini-maglight lens into.  By re-wrapping the velcro around the tab you cover the pocket opening, preventing the lens from falling out.

Wow, I didn't think I'd overlook something like that but there is in fact a hole there!!!! Now I know where to tuck my rool up the rim to win tabs when I head to the field.. I wonder if there are any other uses for that?

I bow to willy!!!

Now try to find the mystery 'whistle' that is supposed to go in the side pocket of the opposite mag pouch and I'll be really impressed...  ;D

there are two versions of that.. there is a nice silver one.. and I have the bright orange one..

Bzzliteyr said:
Wow, I didn't think I'd overlook something like that but there is in fact a hole there!!!! Now I know where to tuck my rool up the rim to win tabs when I head to the field.. I wonder if there are any other uses for that?

I bow to willy!!!

Hey I found the answer first  :mad:

Thorvald said:
Now try to find the mystery 'whistle' that is supposed to go in the side pocket of the opposite mag pouch and I'll be really impressed...  ;D

Request it by the NSN number listed in the pdf link I provided.

Actually it would be nice to have a look at the Lesson Plan for the TV.

It is available with DIN access...anyone have a copy that they can forward on? (Assuming there is interesting items in there of course)

http://dglepm.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dsspm/dsspm8/Project-Document/PIP/Lesson%20Plan%20TV.pdf
http://dglepm.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dsspm/dsspm8/Project-Document/PIP/Points%20Lesson%20Plan%20TV.pdf

The PIP final draft is available online as well (without DIN access), but the final is DIN only.

Back