• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tac Vest and Small Pack

The Tac vest has 2 removable C-9 pouches and 2 Removable canteen pouches. The Small pack has 2 "side" pouches and 2 "fanny packs". Fairly sure that is right but at my age the brain sortta goes south you know. Anybody coroborate?

You can find out on the Clother the Soldier site (just search for "clothe the soldier" on google, it'll be the first result), but I'm in a good mood so I'll fill you in.

The tac vest has:
4 mag pouches
2 frag grenade pouches
2 utility pouches
2 exchangeable pouches, usually one canteen pouch and one C9 pouch
2 smoke grenade pouches (on exchangeable pouches)
1 map pocket (I don't consider this a pouch, but it's a pocket, so I put it here)
1 maglite pouch
1 whistle pouch

That makes for a grand total of 14 pouches, 15 including the map pocket.

The small pack has:
1 Main compartment
4 attachable pouches, 2 5L and 2 7.5L

That makes... let's see... carry the two... 5 pouches  ;D I don't have the small pack though, I'm only going on what I've seen. There may be other compartments and pockets on or inside the main pack.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,
Pinky

Good thing there is a whistle pouch - all the After Action Reports from the Sandbox are just screaming for whistle pouches for the troops....

i was looking for the ones that are attachable, reason being i had one stolen and I'm doing a inventory of all the bags right now to the one missing

Infanteer said:
Good thing there is a whistle pouch - all the After Action Reports from the Sandbox are just screaming for whistle pouches for the troops....

Ha, my thoughts exactly.

Look at a map of the world and try and figure out where the Sandbox is.

Infanteer said:

"Lisa, here's a whistle. If there's a war, blow on it, and I'll come help you."
-Simpsons

I guess that would be better than the issue bayonet for close-quarters combat - you can stick it in the bad-guy's eye.

Andyboy said:
Well the pen is mightier than the sword after all.

Tell that to the Brits that fixed bayonets and charged in Iraq. I'd bet my left nut not one of them would have preferred a pen  ;)

Pte.Pinky said:
Tell that to the Brits that fixed bayonets and charged in Iraq. I'd bet my left nut not one of them would have preferred a pen   ;)

Words fail me.

If you had a SA80 (even the A2 apparently) I think I'd want a good knife - at least then you good be effective with something...

Something tells me they did not the bayo charge for kicks...

Back