• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tac Hel

KevinB said:
Best flights ever - easily 427 circa 1990'ish -- anytime you got US choppers around CF pilots - just goad the CF pilot - hey the yanks did this lower and faster   ;D   - want trees in the cabin...

Worst   - was 450 Sqn (IIRC) CH-47 flights - like dancing with a fat drunk woman.

Kevin, you're trolling, aren't you?    :p

I have to say, flying the 47 with my OC (a Brit Sqn Ldr with about 9,000 hours including plenty of time on Chinook with the lads from Hereford) was eye-opening...he did sutff with the 'hook that I never did/saw done with even smaller helos thereafter.   We would purposely water stuff down so the Army wouldn't want to pester us with HELQUESTs...   >:D

Kevin, I'll sit you up in the jump seat for a spin around the block when we get the MH-47G's heavy lift helicopters in the near future...   ;D

p.s.  I think you meant to say 447 Sqn...  ;)

Cheers,
Duey

Not sure I thought 450 was the Chinook Sqn out of Ottawa...

Admittedly it was when I was a Arty guy - and we had a howitzer and slign load of ammo so...

I've seen some of the US MH47 series do some neat stuff.  -- I cant wait for our Heavy Lifts to come back.
  I'll hitchhike across the country for rides - hopefully jumps too.

I have to say, flying the 47 with my OC (a Brit Sqn Ldr with about 9,000 hours including plenty of time on Chinook with the lads from Hereford) was eye-opening...he did sutff with the 'hook that I never did/saw done with even smaller helos thereafter.  We would purposely water stuff down so the Army wouldn't want to pester us with HELQUESTs...

Duey,

Isn't that one of the anamolies of the UK? The Chinooks are operated by the RAF - are they not?

mdh

Strike puts many (most?  ) of the guys to shame!

Jeez, I can barely get through the door now, my head is so swollen.  Of course, I'm sure you're just referring to the "attractiveness" factor when compared to the guys.  ;D

Strike said:
Jeez, I can barely get through the door now, my head is so swollen.   Of course, I'm sure you're just referring to the "attractiveness" factor when compared to the guys.    ;D

Strike, take whatever you can get!  ;D

Cheers,
Duey

mdh said:
Duey,

Isn't that one of the anamolies of the UK? The Chinooks are operated by the RAF - are they not?

mdh

mdh, you're right...Brits and Dutchies are flwon by their respective AFs, all others to the best of my knowledge are Army/Army Air Corps (US, AUS, IT, HE, etc...)  Well, Japanese CH-47J are flown by the "integratd and unified" ;) JDF.

Yup Kev, you're right...that was us out of Uplands (450).  Mind you, we could sling an entire half battery C1/C3's with ammo and crew with each helo 8) ...not the break the L5 down into how many pieces for lift by Huey or Griffon?  I remember jumping the CAR for their family day in '91...the Honorary Colonel looked like he'd fall over if you blew on him (must have been pushing 75-80 eqsily)...but the crusty 'ole guy poked his head through the cockpit passthrough with a twinkle in his eye before he hooked up and said, "Thanks for the ride boys...I love jumping the Chinook...Airborne!"  What a great guy!

Anywhooo...just waiting for things to be sorted out so I can go down to Philly to watch our -G's being built up on the line... 
cheesy.gif

Cheers,
Duey

p.s.  Kevin, I like your mod to the Gallet, the standard suspension rig is a PITA!

Strike said:
  Of course, I'm sure you're just referring to the "attractiveness" factor when compared to the guys.  
so, you're hot then?
I call. Prove it!

I knew I would get a rise out of some!

Yup, stirring the water to see what comes up.

But, I will clarify a couple of my comments.  Actually, Duey, you prove a point.  I said, and meant movement.  As in patrol movement.  As in leapfrog, caterpiller or snake movement.  The stuff the chopper guys used to do with us very regularly.  One chopper, two scout cars, working as a team.  That's the recce I am talking about.  When's the last time any of that was done?

Second point, some fly low, good.  Not nearly enough, but good.  The point is, can you fly low, and conduct recce witha patrol on the ground in front of our lines without getting shot?  I forget what the fly boys used to call it, something demeaning, but some of them were very, very good at it.  They even tried to manouever the aircraft in such a manner that the pexiglass wouldn't glare in the direction of the suspected enemy.

Now, I know, having a multi-purpose chopper means having multi-purpose pilots, and with the limitations on hours, no one pilot is going to excell at all things.  And, I also know that we don't do recce the same way anymore, although the militia guys sure do try. 

I still say training an Armour or Infanteer to be a chopper pilot makes sense. 

Just one other small little point from the posts up above.  Four years to train a tech?  BS, is all I can say.  It may take four years to get his papers, because that's what civilians demand, but there is no one job in the military that takes four years to train a guy to do.  Unless he is very dumb, or has dumb teachers.  I will agree that it may take four years before he can wave a paper that says he is qualified to work totally unsupervised in the nuclear power plant operating all of the controls, but to say it takes four years to train a guy to do a job is wrong.

Scoobs said:
Strike,

it just dawned on me.   I just noticed your expression.   Hope everything's all well in Pet.   Things are a little slower where I am now.

GO!!,

sometimes you make statements that show you know a fair amount, but then you make ones that show your lack of knowledge.   Maintaining an a/c is not just the people you see at the helo Sqn.   There are thousands of people throughout Canada doing so.   Anywhere from Bell Helicopters, DAEPM(TH) in Ottawa, LATEF in Gagetown, etc.   I HAVE experience with the Griffon and maintaining it (former D/OC Maint Flt).   I know what it takes to do so.   It is very easy to say, hey, lets just get everyone to join the Army that is remotely attached to the Griffon.   Do you have any idea of how many people that is?   Do you think that someone will just waive a magic wand and each and everyone of them will join the Army?   Your solution is to have Army pers do the jobs of those who don't want to do it?   How long do you think it takes to train a tech from the streets to where they can actually be useful on an a/c?   The answer is 4 years.   That's years, not months.   How long does it take to train an infantryman?   A lot less than 4 years.   That is not even taking into account the problem of losing the experienced techs on the a/c.   The AF is having a problem at this moment maintaining the experience level for techs from 15 to 20 years.   Flying and maintaining a helo is a lot more complicated than fixing an Iltis, MLVW, etc.   There are numerous things to consider, airworthiness, Flight Safety, airspace coord and control, when maintaining and flying a helo (just look at the Army's experience with the UAV in Afghanistan and the reason why it now rests with Tac Hel).   It was mentioned by a previous pers on this site about the Griffon's part supply problem.   That is an understatement to say the least.   I was on the phone everyday for 1 month asking where my collective jackshafts were for our inspection bird.   You would most likely say, "I'll just go and kick some *** in Calgary where the warehouse is".   Reality is that we in the Tac Hel community have to deal with an a/c maker, Bell, that licks their chops when we come to sign a support contract that gives them a lot of money and doesn't hold them accountable.   These are realities that would have to be dealt with.
As for flying high, as you know from what I said above, I was just at a Tac hel unit and PERSONALLY have been on many flights below the tree lines, just above the water.     Some of your statements (and this is not a personal attack) show a lack of knowledge in certain areas.   I speak about Tac Hel from experience.

By the way, I will correct you because you are wrong, THE TONE OF THIS THREAD IS NOT THAT THE AF DIDN'T WANT TAC HEL AND THAT THE ARMY IS NOT SMART ENOUGH TO COORDINATE THE MAINTENANCE OF SAID HELOS.   I'm sure that the Army would be able to do that after about 10 to 15 years of training techs, getting them up to speed on the a/c, gaining experience on fixing and maintaining a/c, setting up identical support systems such as Flight Safety, DAEPM(TH), etc.   Oh by the way, do all of this while still flying and supporting the a/c.   Did I mention that it must also be airworthy, as per the Aeronautics Act?   Can't skip corners on this one.

Scoobs out...

To clarify my statements about "everyone associated with the helos" further for you. If you were a widget tech in the AF, you would now become a widget tech in the army. If you were an AF logistics officer, you would now become an army logistics officer. The trg programs that currently exist for AF pers would become Army Air Corps trg prgrms - see where I'm going with this? The technical side of the job would not change - only the uniform, and the additional requirements (BFTs. rifle qualifications, etc.) While the techs would probably see very little change in their job descriptions, the pilots and aircrew would be given the opportunity to truly embrace the "tactical" side of the helicopter capability - you could even get your precious tac vest!

In short - the army would not need to take 10-15 years to train new techs - not that it takes that long anyway - because we would simply re-badge yours.

As to the training of techs and infanteers.... it does not take 4 years to train a tech. As I stated earlier, my entire family is in the aviation business. An apprentice tech is like an apprentice anything else (welder, plumber, pipefitter) they are given all of the relevant skills in trg. The experience factor takes a few years, but with proper oversight from ONE experienced technician, 4-5 apprentices can work safely and effectively.

Infanteers not having a long or comprehensive trg process? Pull your head out of the bottom zipper in your flight suit - My entire career has seen me do at least 3 courses a year, much like paracowboy said, and certain courses have a far higher stakes than meeting transport canada guidelines. I would hazard that you indeed attended some very basic training in your brief militia career, but to postulate that this indicates any sort of knowledge of the operational and tactical requirements of a regular light infantry formation is truly false. Your militia training allowed you the foundations of what good infanteers are made of, which was the intent, but realistically, what exists in reserve battle school and what exists in my unit are quite different.

As I see it, you are no more qualified to comment on the duties and requirements of a parachute infanteer, than I am to comment on the duties of an AF logistics officer (which you appear to be). The only reason I am commenting at all on the performance of the pilots I have flown with, is because I have some limited piloting experience as an amateur pilot, and have witnessed, firsthand the flying of canadians, americans and british pilots. If your infantry experience is as comprehensive, please feel free to correct me.

It's hard enough for ANYONE to get out of tac hel once their in.  Can you imagine if we had an Army air corps?  You'd have alot of people leaving after their initial contract because their only choices for postings are all on the same aircraft.  This was one of the issues addressed when the mucky mucks in Ottawa and Winnipeg were trying to figure out how to keep techs (including FEs in this) and pilots to stay in.  The solution was to open up the chance to get posted onto other aircraft.  Of course, if we all went Army, the chances of this cross-border hopping would be lessened even more.  Or at least it would be a huge hassle because, not only are you changing aircraft, your also changing elements.  This would affect what is required for staff courses as well as what type of training is required for pilots -- ie. is there a need to go to Moose Jaw if you know you're going helos?

Ref staff courses -- Tac Hel pilots go to both Air and Army staff schools.  MH pilots/navs go to both Air and Navy.

Now, I just finished working on paving my walk and need to take something for my back -- Tylenol of course, self medicating is bad -- so I'll leave you all for the night to rumble on.

GO!!! said:
The only reason I am commenting at all on the performance of the pilots I have flown with, is because I have some limited piloting experience as an amateur pilot, and have witnessed, firsthand the flying of canadians, americans and british pilots. If your infantry experience is as comprehensive, please feel free to correct me.

I would counter the above paragraph with some of your own ammunition - your limited flying experience only provides you with a very basic understanding of what professional pilots do...  Scoobs experience in the Mo would be about the equivalent to what you know about aviation.

I am sure that the Infantryman MOSID is a physically demanding job - there can be comparison between our MOSID's.  Ours is a constant training environment where one mistake in judgement could cost numerous lives - everyday - not while at the range or playing in the field.  Everyday I go flying I am operational and using every skill that the Queen has granted me.  I do not fly sick, hungover, tired, grumpy, etc - I cannot afford to, my crew sure as heck can't afford me not to be at the top of my game - EVERYDAY.

Oh - it took the CF 4 years to gain a fully winged pilot out of me.  Not because I was dumb, slow or had bad teachers - that's just how long our training regime is - we have approximately 20 months of dedicated flying, add in course delays and time between serials and you have the four years.  In four years I imagine that fellas such as Go!! and the like were up in seniority and already bemoaning the likes of the AF pilots. :)

Lance Wiebe said:
I knew I would get a rise out of some!

Yup, stirring the water to see what comes up.

But, I will clarify a couple of my comments.   Actually, Duey, you prove a point.   I said, and meant movement.   As in patrol movement.   As in leapfrog, caterpiller or snake movement.   The stuff the chopper guys used to do with us very regularly.   One chopper, two scout cars, working as a team.   That's the recce I am talking about.   When's the last time any of that was done?

Second point, some fly low, good.   Not nearly enough, but good.   The point is, can you fly low, and conduct recce witha patrol on the ground in front of our lines without getting shot?   I forget what the fly boys used to call it, something demeaning, but some of them were very, very good at it.   They even tried to manouever the aircraft in such a manner that the pexiglass wouldn't glare in the direction of the suspected enemy.

Now, I know, having a multi-purpose chopper means having multi-purpose pilots, and with the limitations on hours, no one pilot is going to excell at all things.   And, I also know that we don't do recce the same way anymore, although the militia guys sure do try.  

I still say training an Armour or Infanteer to be a chopper pilot makes sense.  

Just one other small little point from the posts up above.   Four years to train a tech?   BS, is all I can say.   It may take four years to get his papers, because that's what civilians demand, but there is no one job in the military that takes four years to train a guy to do.   Unless he is very dumb, or has dumb teachers.   I will agree that it may take four years before he can wave a paper that says he is qualified to work totally unsupervised in the nuclear power plant operating all of the controls, but to say it takes four years to train a guy to do a job is wrong.

Check your comments Lance.

Would you not agree with me then that the movement you described clearly supports "Maneouvre"? 

Last time combined arms recce done?  At round 1 of the MGS trial last year and programmed this fall for BTE '05.

Not sure if militia trying to do recce the same as in the past is a good thing or not...  ???  All the recce guys (all Armd, BTW) I've been dealing with over the last couple of years have noted how recce is changing, especially as the classic linear battlefield is rapidly turning into the non-contiguous battlespace.

If a tanker or infanteer can meet all the occupational requirements of a pilot, then I say all the more power to them to OT from their current occupation/trade.  You're right, Lance, the infusion of tactical knowledge would be a great benefit to the existing aviation organization. :salute:

BTW, Scoobs is EXACTLY right about MOC 500 techs taking 4 years to train, if not greater.  The Air Force AF9000 maintenance construct designed to align maintenance practices with ISO 9001 quality assurance practices resulted in the adoption and modification of the civilian aircraft technician career stream...Apprentice -> Journeyman -> Technician -> Master Technician.  An apprentice can only assist with or work under direct supervision of a Journeyman or higher-qualified technician, and can not sign off on any work completed.  A journeyman can work by himself unsupervised but required a qualified technician to sign off the B-level check.  Only a qualified technician can sign off on all work completed, and only the trained supervisory technician can sign off and release an aircraft as servicable.  This process takes time and the apprentice-journeyman stream does take 4 years or greater.

...as noted by Infanteer, hopefully none of us ever stops training and learning...

Cheers,
Duey

yeah, but Duey, having gone through the whole apprenticeship thing myself, I know what a crock it is. Saying it takes 4 years there, is no different than saying it takes 3 to become a trained Infantryman. I knew everything I needed to know about welding in the first few months, then I practiced it for 4 years under supervision.

Just like when I enlisted. I learned everything I needed to know in the first couple months, then spent the next 3 years practicing it under supervision. Now, I supervise apprentices, and continue to study.

that may be so....however, I consider a "trained" tech as someone who can give me a servicable aircraft.  Sure, buddy can learn how to change an engine in six months, but his work is useless to me without the signature.  And those who possess this god-given signing authority are in very, very short supply these days.....

paracowboy said:
yeah, but Duey, having gone through the whole apprenticeship thing myself, I know what a crock it is. Saying it takes 4 years there, is no different than saying it takes 3 to become a trained Infantryman. I knew everything I needed to know about welding in the first few months, then I practiced it for 4 years under supervision.

Just like when I enlisted. I learned everything I needed to know in the first couple months, then spent the next 3 years practicing it under supervision. Now, I supervise apprentices, and continue to study.

I know PC...I actually agree with you personally becasue I haven't bought into the AF900 thing totally.  I liked the tech world before the MOC 500 rationalization, from my perspective as an operator, I found it more responsive.  I also had the opportunity to go into the various shops and find out what the various trades were doing...helped me gain a better perspective as a maintenance test pilot years later.  Now guys are running around trying to find who can sign for what and some feel that the process has become to much of exactly that...a process, vice a product..."produce servicable aircraft"... :-\

Cheers,
Duey

short final said:
that may be so....however, I consider a "trained" tech as someone who can give me a servicable aircraft.   Sure, buddy can learn how to change an engine in six months, but his work is useless to me without the signature.   And those who possess this god-given signing authority are in very, very short supply these days.....
so, the issue isn't the lack of techs, or the need for a 4 year training cycle, it's "how do we fix this stupid civilianized system?" That's simple administrative crap that could be solved overnight by someone with common sense and stones in authority. Is there anyone like that in your CoC?

Duey said:
I know PC...I actually agree with you personally becasue I haven't bought into the AF900 thing totally.   I liked the tech world before the MOC 500 rationalization, from my perspective as an operator, I found it more responsive.   I also had the opportunity to go into the various shops and find out what the various trades were doing...helped me gain a better perspective as a maintenance test pilot years later.   Now guys are running around trying to find who can sign for what and some feel that the process has become to much of exactly that...a process, vice a product..."produce servicable aircraft"...
sounds crappy, dude. The Air Force has become too civilianized? Is that what's happening? Because that is a slippery slope to oblivion. If you become to civvie, you get replaced by civvies.

paracowboy said:
If you become to civvie, you get replaced by civvies.

We're already half way there my friend - just look at our 3rd line maintenance (ie SPAR, Field Aviation, IMP, etc) and the 1st line maintenance in Moose Jaw, Cold Lake and all Cormorant Squadrons.

Zoomie said:
We're already half way there my friend - just look at our 3rd line maintenance (ie SPAR, Field Aviation, IMP, etc) and the 1st line maintenance in Moose Jaw, Cold Lake and all Cormorant Squadrons.
I didn't want to bring that up. This isn't my house.

LO-ve what you've done with it, though. The drapes are FAAAB-ulous!

GO!!,

I'm not a Logistics Officer.   I'm sure that the pilots have probably figured out what trade I am by now (eh NaCl?).   I am in fact an Aerospace Engineer (AERE).   I spelled it out for you when I said in a previous post that I was a D/OC of Maint Flt.   Perhaps I should have stated Aircraft Maintenance Flight.   Those that know about the aviation community would have figured that out.   In case you aren't sure, the typical size of an A/C Maint Flt is around 100 pers, depending on which Sqn you come from, which was 427 Tac Hel Sqn in Pet.   Geesh, I've given enough hints out to easily figure this one out.   So, I guess that I do in fact know what I am talking about in terms of tech trg, maintaining the a/c, etc.   NEVER did I say I was an expert about the infantry.   What I stated was that it has given me experience to know what a Tac Hel unit needs in terms of trg, more specifically A/C Maint Flt.   Since this is the largest flt in a tac hel sqn, most of the time the personnel for "manpower" jobs such as guard duties, kitchen duties, etc. comes from the Maint Flt.   Don't jump on me the rest of you guys and girls (NaCl,   8), the other flts do pull their weight, but the reality is that more of the extra duties while in the field go to the techs in Maint Flt.

Lance,

yes, it does take 4 years to train a tech.   Going from basic trg to completing their apprentice logbook and getting their journeyman status takes on average, 4 years.   I would not want a tech that does not have this time and experience on the a/c working on it unsupervised.   An apprentice MUST be supervised 100% of the time so that he/she does not make mistakes that don't go unnoticed.

Paracowboy,

what trade are you now?   I'm thinking that it isn't any of the MOC 500 ones.   If I'm wrong, let me know.   Good luck learning a trade in 3 months in the MOC 500 community.   By the way, that doesn't even get you through 1/4 of the current AVN course, which is 18 months in Borden.   After that, the tech must then go on a type course for that specific a/c that the unit flys. Perhaps combining the different former trades was wrong (lots of arguments for and against), but the fact is that everyone has to get on with today and stop dwelling on yesterday.   Changes are being made to improve the amount of time it takes to produce a tech that can work on the a/c unsupervised, i.e. a journeyman tech, such as increasing the courses in Borden so that the junior techs come to the units with most of their apprentice logbook already signed off.   The units do not have the time or manpower (since the experienced ones are fixing the a/c) to train the techs as has been done in the last 5 to 7 years.   The schools have agreed to this and have taken on more of a trg portion of the bill.

I will educate some of you on the realities of flying a/c in the Canadian military.   The Aeronautics Act tells the MND that he must look after Airworthiness of CF a/c.   The MND delegates the Operational Airworthiness to the Commander of 1 Canadian Air Division (1 Cdn Air Div or 1 CAD for most of us), located in Winnipeg, and Technical Airworthiness to the Director of Technical Airworthiness (DTA), located in Ottawa.   DTA then subsequently devolves some of the technical authority to a entity called the Director Aerospace Engineering Program Management (DAEPM).   Each weapon system, i.e. a/c and its associated programs, etc, has a sub-unit of DAEPM.   The Tac Hel one is called TH, thus DAEPM(TH).   DTA developed the Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM) to guide Maint pers in achieving technical airworthiness.   Part of receiving airworthiness is to have a quality system.   Thus, AF9000+ was developed in order to meet this requirement.   Quite frankly, it doesn't matter whether or not someone has bought into it because it is here to stay.   Once a unit achieves AF9000+ registration, they then are scheduled to be audited by DTA for technical airworthiness compliance and if successful (and some are not), the unit becomes an accredited a/c maintenance organization.   Thus the development of the AMP, Level II tests (Air Maintenance Policy) to get the Maint pers ready for these audits.   Most Maint pers have taken these tests and those that have not will have to get the qual.   By the way, civy's use the Transport Canada rules.   Biggest difference, the military handles all aspects of airworthiness, whereas the regulator for the civy's is Transport Canada.

The reality is that we lost a lot of experienced techs during the mid-90s FRP.   We now have a serious experience gap for techs from 15 to 20 plus years of service.   Therefore, there are less qualified and authorized techs out there that can supervise the apprentices, sign and vouch for the techs experience in front of the SAMS (who grants the A, B, or C level AUTHORIZATIONS), and then fix the a/c.   Thus, the schools realized the need to take on more of the trg burden and have the young techs come out of Borden with more of their apprentice logbook signed off.   Also, the way that the techs receive authorizations must be taught:

"A" level authorization is not a qual.   It is an authorization.   It certifies that the tech can sign for that particular system or sub-system as being repaired properly and that particular system or sub-system is airworthy for flight.   A new system (and here is where my Alzheimer's kicks in as I cannot remember the name of it) has been recently implemented that will hopefully allow for more sub-system A levels being granted.   That means that the techs may not be able to sign for every single part of the a/c, but can for more things where they couldn't in the past.

"B" level is a weapon's system release that everything is good to go for the a/c.   It is only for basic tasks such as fueling, re-configs of the cabin, etc.   Each specific a/c has specific things that can be done to it which are considered "B" level.   Anybody can get this qual, even an Infanteer, if the SAMS of the unit thinks he/she has the necessary experience and has demonstrated it.

"C" level is also a weapon's system release, but a lot more in depth than "B" level.   Usually, I say again, usually, a tech will have his/her "A" level on that a/c prior to getting the "C" level.   The C level must release the a/c to flight after any CF349 is opened (used to track any work done on the a/c).

Oh, by the way, some of a person's "levels" disappear when he /she switches to a new a/c.   Before those non-AF personnel say this is crap, think about it.   Would you want to fly an a/c or fly in an a/c that was fixed and then released to fly by someone who has no or very limited experience on that a/c.   Techs always keep their journeyman status and those that were experienced on another a/c will quickly learn the other a/c and should (and I know that this doesn't always happen) get their A and C's in that new a/c quicker than a young and inexperienced apprentice or junior journeyman.   The new system of assigning levels allows for transferring of levels from a/c to a/c if that same component exists on the other a/c, such as radios, etc.

Thus, after my "rant" above, one can see that it is a lot more to train a tech than just giving him a course and kicking him out the doors in Borden and saying, go fix that helo on which a section will be flying today.   By the way, get it done while doing all of the other trg that a tac hel unit throws at you.

For others, tac hel does train ALL pers in C7s, select in C6, Sgts and above in 9 mm pistol, gas hut, first aid, and the list goes on and on.   This is all done while fixing and flying the helo.   Breaks in op tempo, ya right.   Doesn't happen.   A tac hel unit is go, go, and go.   Tac Hel is operational all the time, even in Canada.   We conduct trg while conducting actual operational missions in Canada.   How many units do that on a continual basis such as Tac hel (SAR does)?

My time in the Army by no means made me an expert.   However, it gave me more of an insight into the Army than the typical AF officer to which most of you Army guys love to slag.   Answer this question, how many privates have you guys taken with you on an overseas Army mission?   How many privates in the AF, more specifically tac hel, have gone on operational missions overseas?   I can't think of one while I was at a tac hel unit.   Thus my comment about the fact that it takes longer for a tech in the AF to be trained than it takes for an infantry soldier to be considered employable.

Sorry about the length of the post, but I HAD to set some things right.

Scoobs out....

scoobs, grow a thicker skin and learn to read, man. You're so frazzled, and your feelings are so hurt you haven't read any of my shit.

Now, your posts have explained a lot of the problems, but haven't once offered a solution. You're far too busy pooh-poohing any that are offered and responding to imagined insults.

Back