• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

T4`s or equivalent

Rick L

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I just need a little info and I can't seem to find what I am after on the net.
My son is a former member of 36 CER Reserves in Halifax and has since gone to uni.
He didn't leave a change of address and I assume his T4 has gone out and come back !!!!!
Can anyone direct me to where we would start our search to get a reissue? Phone # or address
Would be fantastic.

Thanks much
Rick l

About mid March, you can go to CCRA and they will have and give you a copy of all T4s for you. Getting it for your son, you might be out of luck....call them.

I'd first call the unit and see if they have it there.  If he's still a member of the unit they can probably order it for him.  If he's already been released from the Primary Reserve, try calling the Released Personnel Pay Office at 1-800-773-7705.

Not sure how this affects the PRes but we've had it passed down in O-group by the Coy Clerk that we have to go on our EMAA accounts and print our T4s this year... they are not available until tomorrow (28 Feb) which is pretty terrible timing considering RRSPs have to be dealt with by 1 Mar.

EMAA says that T4s were mailed this year, as well as available online. Except no one I know has one in their mailbox yet. Pretty ridiculous.

ballz said:
Not sure how this affects the PRes but we've had it passed down in O-group by the Coy Clerk that we have to go on our EMAA accounts and print our T4s this year... they are not available until tomorrow (28 Feb) which is pretty terrible timing considering RRSPs have to be dealt with by 1 Mar.

Your last pay statement of 2012 has almost all the information your T4 will have.  No need to wait for the T4 to make RRSP decisions.

dapaterson said:
Your last pay statement of 2012 has almost all the information your T4 will have.  No need to wait for the T4 to make RRSP decisions.

Cheers to that, but I have none to make so it doesn't affect me, just echoing one of the concerns that's been voiced by a lot of people.

dapaterson said:

That works but it does not give the information for BOX 52 pension adjustment.........

NFLD Sapper said:
That works but it does not give the information for BOX 52 pension adjustment.........

Pension adjustment has nothing to do with your 2012 RRSP limit; it impacts your 2013 RRSP limit.  For the 2012 limit, look at your prior year's notice of assessment.

dapaterson said:
Pension adjustment has nothing to do with your 2012 RRSP limit; it impacts your 2013 RRSP limit.  For the 2012 limit, look at your prior year's notice of assessment.

Roger that I meant it more for those that want to file their taxes....

[quote author=ballz]
Not sure how this affects the PRes   but we've had it passed down in O-group by the Coy Clerk that we have to go on our EMAA accounts and print our T4s this year... they are not available until tomorrow (28 Feb) which is pretty terrible timing considering RRSPs have to be dealt with by 1 Mar.[/quote]

My RPSR pay statement arrived via email today, as always.
At the bottom in the Message Area  it states:

Effective 28 Feb 2013, most CF members will be able to retrieve and print their 2012 T4/Relevé 1 slip from EMAA.

So tomorrow we will see how it looks / works.

kratz said:
So tomorrow we will see how it looks / works.

Just logged into EMAA, the file is there but when I try to open it, it says "This file is damaged and could not be repaired."

I tried saving it, but got the same results.

:(

PMedMoe said:
Just logged into EMAA, the file is there but when I try to open it, it says "This file is damaged and could not be repaired."

I tried saving it, but got the same results.

:(

Same.

They have until the end of the day to fix it, or my next call is to CRA to file a complaint. This is what happens when you leave it to the last legal day T4s have to be out.

What a stupid system. Last year I was able to complete my taxes before I deployed in mid-Feb, because DND did what every other employer does and mails them out properly and early.

What everyone else just said.
I sent a note via EMAA to the HRIC, and informed my unit's adjutant.

This is what I fired off to HRIC after doing a quick forensics on the PDF file EMAA tosses out.

Problem:
The new EMAA feature rolled out today called, "My Income Statement" (for generating svc mbr T4s), has a broken PDF generation and gives out a currupted PDF file. The PDF files contents have this in HTML at the bottom which may help you in debugging:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01fb'

An exception occurred: 'Doc.SaveHttp'

/emaa/includes/GetMPST4.asp, line 432

Looks like they didn't test their code out before roll out :)

PuckChaser said:
They have until the end of the day to fix it, or my next call is to CRA to file a complaint. This is what happens when you leave it to the last legal day T4s have to be out.

What a stupid system. Last year I was able to complete my taxes before I deployed in mid-Feb, because DND did what every other employer does and mails them out properly and early.

I highly recommend you re-visit the rules.  They have until midnight to postmark T4's, not deliver them. 

It seems as though the dreaded Good Idea Fairy within DND struck again on this one. Old fashion mailing of T4s would still work, like civilian employers do.

Back