• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

T-72 discussion, split from "Bring back something like the CF-5"

RecceDG said:
Wikipedia ...also tracks editing history, so you can see what changes have been made and see if a tug of war is going on.
So, I've learned something from this thread. I've been so predisposed to dislike Wikipedia as anything other than a starting point when one knows absolutely nothing about a topic, that I never noticed the "history" button; I just assumed it provided a chronology of the event being discussed, not a chronology of the article editings.

Thanks

recceguy said:
I accused you of no such thing. Go back and re-read the post. I was describing the style that Armymatters seems to prefer. Untwist your panties.

"Quoting something you've read doesn't mean it's true, current or yours[/u]. Post your sources when make statements like the one above."

"Plagerizing other works to claim authorship and experience will soon land you in the dog house around here."

Let's get this back on track so to speak....    ::)

Regards

RecceDG said:
That's not to say that T72 etc *don't* ever suffer catastrophic, turret-flinging explosions... but there is room for professional skepticism here. It might make an interesting paper to see how many turret-flingers there were in both Gulf Wars, to determine the frequency of this. And certainly, "ammo in the fighting compartment" is NOT unique to these tanks.

I remember seeing pictures of T-72s with turrets lying upside down some distance away after the first Gulf War, but I can't seem to find any

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/acstalks/acs-dsrt.htm

Here are two interesting pictures claoming to be of a killed T-72 with the entry and exit holes being pointed too. From the size and shape it would appear to be an APDSFS, but someone with better information can correct:

Yep....that APFSDS...probably DU rounds at that.

Regards

Back