• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Swearing In...

Argyll_2347

Inactive
Reaction score
Tomorrow night I am being sworn into the Army. I have a few questions about it:
What does this process involve?
What do I wear?
Will I be issued my kit the same night?

I am going to be doing my QL2 and QL3 Infantry this summer at Meaford.

Hmmm, has been awhile. I wore casual pants and a shirt, something respectable. It‘s the image ya know ;) I remember getting jacked up that night for having part of my shirt untucked! I had second thoughts that night, but oh well, that guy turned out to be one of the best NCO‘s in the Regiment in my oppinion, I wonder if he remembers...I know he‘s lurking in this forum somewere. Anyway, going off into lala land there...
I had a tour of the Armouries with one of the members. Then was shuffled off to the CO‘s office and was sworn in. It‘s a matter a putting your paw up in the air and repeat what the CO says to you, infront of the Queen, or to the bible if you are religious, your choice.
I was then shuffled down to QM were they issued me some kit, the remainder I picked up at another facility here in town. Depending on what your QM has in stock, I wouldn‘t doubt you will come home with a couple car loads of greenery.
Welcome to the Army. :fifty:

QL2? QL3? Such thing don‘t exist anymore :D

And welcome to the army. :)
Just don‘t wear anything that looks like a slob or a punk. :)

Just wear casual clothes, it only takes a few minutes to get sworn in. You‘ll have a bunch of paperwork to go through also if you haven‘t done so already. The night I got sworn in i didn‘t get any kit, it all depends on if they got time to get you your kit.

Thanks.
I am planning on wearing a collared golf shirt.

What is it called now if it isn‘t QL2 and QL3???

I imagine that my regiment could have quite a bit of kit because they have a huge room for the QM.

One other question, how many other people generally might I expect to be sworn in with?

Uh, it‘s called BMQ, SQ and MOC (your trade here).

When are you going up to Meaford? 1 July?

And you‘ll get sworn in with whatever new recruits your regiment suckered in. ;)

Man, a whole summer in Mudord? Prepare for sun , rain and snow! Ah yes, Meaford, the base with it‘s own climate!

I was sworn in last saturday, I wore a button up shirt and the process took about 2 hours. There was 6 people supposed to be there but only 5 showed.

Well, I am now a member of this glorious country‘s army! :D

I was there for 2 hours (from 1900-2100).

I got sized for my kit and was told that I would get a call in about 2 weeks when it is available.

I was sworn-in in the Officer‘s Mess with two other guys. The CO came up and we repeated after him the whole schpeel.

I was also told that I would get a phone call telling me about when I go up to Meaford this summer.

Is the BMQ, SQ, and MOC (Infantry) all in one summer?

Originally posted by Argyll_2347:
[qb]Well, I am now a member of this glorious country‘s army! :D [/qb]
Congratulations.

[qb]I was also told that I would get a phone call telling me about when I go up to Meaford this summer.

Is the BMQ, SQ, and MOC (Infantry) all in one summer?[/qb]
Training starts July 1, they told me. Which is strange because it‘s a holiday... but anyway... they said I could do 4 weeks (BMQ only) or 8 weeks (BMQ and SQ). The MOC training would have to be done at another time, according to my recruiter.

Now I hear my regiment may be doing fall training on the weekends. If that‘s the case I might elect to do 4 weeks BMQ this summer, then do the SQ on weekends... I‘m not sure if they‘ll go for that.

In any event, if you are going to Meaford in July, I will see you there! Look for the tall skinny wanker from the 48th.

On my QL3 many years ago, we worked on July 1st, I do believe that we were at Vimy range in Gagetown firing C7 PWT.

I might elect to do 4 weeks BMQ this summer, then do the SQ on weekends... I‘m not sure if they‘ll go for that.
Nice try, You will soon find out that you do not chose when you will do your training. You will conform to your unit‘s schedule, they will not conform to yours.

I just got sworn in 2 months ago and it was not intell my dad dropped by the drillhall on his way home that i found out the course starts the july1 and other then that they know nothing(Govenor General Foot guards)

GGFG, your unit should know something as positions on courses are "bought" basically. They should be able to tell you how many spots are available and who‘s going.

[qb]Nice try, You will soon find out that you do not chose when you will do your training. You will conform to your unit‘s schedule, they will not conform to yours.[/qb]
Oh, I don‘t dispute that at all.

However, as my recruiter put it to me, I can either do 4 weeks or 8 weeks this summer. At first I was told there were no fall courses on weekends, now I understand there will be. If SQ is available during the fall, I don‘t see why I can‘t choose to do it then, since they will be offering it to all the recruits who couldn‘t make it in time for the summer. I would have to do the MOC (infantry) in the fall anyway (if it is available then) since it can‘t be done in the summer, or so I understand.

Anyway, the regiment seems extremely disorganized and are now on their third recruiter since I first contacted them... the last one, a 2Lt, is on course all summer, and is being replaced part-time by an NCO. Half the time I dunno if they‘re coming or going, and certainly things were no more organized at CFRC (glad I‘m done with them, though). It‘s tough getting a straight answer out of them. It would be easier if I were some full-time student type who lived at home, but unfortunately I need to place a priority on paying the bills. That‘s why it‘s essential I obtain civilian pay during my 8 weeks reserve training leave, and this requires certain steps to be approved.

I believe that I will be going to Meaford for July 1. I haven‘t gotten confimation yet though.

The MCpl who helped with all the admin the night I got sworn in said that it would be BMQ and SQ this summer for 8 weeks for me.

Ya I probably will see you there portcullis!

Back