• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Swear In Location

Vell

Inactive
Reaction score
I am an out of country applicant currently residing in Japan. I completed my CFAT, interview, and medical as of mid August (I flew into Toronto for all steps in one week).

Toronto has been handling my file as they do most out of Canada applicants. I do not expect to be offered a position (if any) anytime soon; however, should I be accepted for my trade and asked to swear in, I would like to do it in Winnipeg if possible.

Winnipeg is my hometown and should I be offered a position, I would like to stay with my parents there until I swear in and head off to BMQ.

When/if I am asked to swear in, will I be able to chose my 'home' city for until basic begins? Should I advise the recruiting center of this desire well in advance (as in now)? One of my fears is that my enhanced security check and perhaps even checking my references is likely not yet complete and I don't want the Toronto center to stop what they are doing in the middle, send my file over to Winnipeg, then have Winnipeg start over with my reference checks or security check all over again (especially seeing as my file is likely more of a pain to deal with than many other files considering some of my references speak pretty rough English, but that can't be helped seeing as I both live AND work in Japan).

No editing on this board eh?

I just wanted to add that until I am hired by the CAF, I will be in Japan, not Winnipeg. I only plan to move to Winnipeg shortly before my swearing in, should it occur. I have no intention of leaving my teaching job until / if I get a job offer from the CAF.

Good day,

In accordance with the read first post your query is not for this form. As the recruiting center in Toronto is currently processing your application inform them of this information. Use the below link and click on the update on your application tab and send an email with this request. Ensure that you include your application number in the email.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

Perhaps I did not express the actual question part clearly as my questions pertain to anyone applying to CAF from out of Canada, not just myself or my file. What my questions boil down to is:

1) Can an applicant who has been offered a position and asked to swear in request the city where they would like to swear in be different than the city which is processing the file?

2) Does the swear in location and location you travel from before BMQ have to be the same as the location that is handling your file?

3) If swear in and home location before travel to BMQ must be the same location as your file, does transferring a file to a new location usually result in significant processing delays, especially when the file is currently being worked on for whatever reason?

I figured these to be more general questions that fall in line with "questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces" and are not technical nor require any information specific to my file (that I am aware of).

Good day,

For the processing of applications received from Canadian Citizens that are not currently living in Canada the location an applicant is to be processed is as follows:

1) If you are a dependant of a federal government of Canada employee then you meet the requirements to have the costs of travel and lodging back to Canada covered for your processing. In this case the Recruiting center that you will have your processing take place is chosen for you.

2) If you are not a dependant of a federal government of Canada employee then the travel costs associated with coming back to Canada for processing are paid by the applicant and not reimbursed. In this case the applicant can choose which recruiting center that they want to be processed at. This allows the applicant to stay with family to lessen the cost to come back for processing.

The location for swearing in if your application is successful will be the location of the recruiting center that processed your application. If you are not a dependant of a federal government of Canada employee and want to change the location of the recruiting center that you are currently being processed at then you will need to contact the recruiting center that you would like to be processed at and have them send a file transfer request to the recruiting center that is currently processing your application.

Back