• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Survival gummy bears?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Does anyone have the name or NSN of those survival gummy bears pilots (I think) or CF people doing SERE get issued?

I think they were 12 to a pack but I could be mistaken.

The NSN is worn out on my kit, but according to A-85-269-001/FP-001 - Food Services Direction & Guidance Manual (publicly available on this Food Services RFP document):

Basic Survival Food Packet
- consists of starched jelly candies
- meets all requirements
- NSN 8970-21-852-7278
- Shelf-life is 5 years

NATO requirement
- 150 g carbohydrate per day for up to 6 days
- no additional fat or protein
- shelf-life 4 years or more

(As a food related aside: here's an interesting study from McGill on the nutritional value of IMPs and operational rations.)

Can I order these through the CF supply system or do I need to go through food services since it's essentially a food item?

Jarnhamar said:
Can I order these through the CF supply system or do I need to go through food services since it's essentially a food item?

Through your QM and RQ.

milnews.ca said:
The Gummi Bear Cleanse - gold, Jerry, gold!  Thanks for sharing.

If you enjoy this, may I present the following: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Cream/dp/B000KKNQBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423081280&sr=8-1&keywords=veet+for+men

acen said:
If you enjoy this, may I present the following: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Veet-Men-Hair-Removal-Cream/dp/B000KKNQBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423081280&sr=8-1&keywords=veet+for+men
Not to mention this  ;D

Request returned and denied.  Apparently they are an airforce only item.

Looks like it'll be those harbour sugar free gummy bears after all.

Buy Depends now! :nod:

Jarnhamar said:

Order LMCs then

8970-21-862-7613

Jarnhamar said:

Who returned and denied the request?  NSN 8970-21-852-7278 has an IM Advisory code of 1X - Submit offline by e-mail to the Supply Manager (SM).  The ERNs recorded against it are Air Force (CF-18 and CH-148), but that doesn't mean that you can't have an appropriate Army ERN recorded against it if you can justify the use.  They have a D Food Svcs LCMM, but the SM is Army, and DGLEPM wrote the standard for the item.

A soldier in the RQ shop said they were Airforce only but maybe they didn't realize the finer nuances of the supply world. I'll try again but somehow I feel Good2Golf with be disappointed  ;D

Looking at them, I wonder why they're not packed in the life rafts on ship.  I think they'd be more appetizing than the energy cubes they have at present.  Might be more friendly to being in a moist environment as well.

Jarnhamar said:
A soldier in the RQ shop said they were Airforce only but maybe they didn't realize the finer nuances of the supply world. I'll try again but somehow I feel Good2Golf with be disappointed  ;D

Getting an ERN added is pretty easy.  I had to shoot down a demand this morning for 2 lbs of rivets ordered by a Cpl at 440 Sqn in Yellowknife because the rivets only have Naval ERNs against them.  I fully expect an e-mail tomorrow asking to have the ERN for the Twin Otter added to my stock codes, which will take about 5 minutes to do, and they'll have their $12 worth of rivets...once I get around to buying some.  :) 

Back