• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Surprise! Another example of pay being mis-handled.

justmyalias said:
Can RegF mbrs accept lower ranked posns as well?  For example: if they were as anxious to be deployed & this was the only possibility to fill a lower ranked slot?
Although this isn't common, it can happen.  Generally it is the Chain of Command that determines that they will fill a position with a candidate of a higher rank, and who have to sell the reasons why to CEFCOM/higher HQ.  For instance, they may have  a requirement for a bilingual supply tech at the Sgt rank, but the only one that they can find with the suitable qualifications is a WO.  Other options include creating offsets on the TO&E i.e. giving up one type of MOSID for another MOSID.  The member doesn't generally get to go to the CoC and say "I'm a WO and I'm willing to fill a Sgt posn".

but a WO can go and do exactly that and then if the CoC want to they can nominate him/her.  Had it happen when I was the tasking clerk, most times the answer was no but sometimes it did go through (various ranks of course, the WO/Sgt one is just example). Same with some tasking were specified for reg f but we could only find a p res so had to ask for approval, sometimes yes sometimes the task was transferred to another command.

Never hurts to ask if there is a tasking you would like to fill. 

Back