• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Support stories

Jake

Inactive
Reaction score
After reading a couple recent posts about the support our soldiers have been getting (Armyvern and HoM), I've decided to start this thread so that the rest of you can post your stories of how people have shown you thier support for serving our country.  :cdn:

Great idea Jake,

Just the other day while shopping in Walmart (Kanata). I was in uniform and standing around waiting for the wife. I was approached be one of the staff members and just so you know this always makes me nervous.(waiting for a silly question)
She thanked me for my service and passed on her condolences for our current loses in Afghanistan. I replied with the usual nervous Thank-you. But she persisted, repeating her support for us and thanking me over and over again. Her deep and heart wrenching thank-yous almost brought me to tears, I had to walk away and take a really close look at some other merchandise in a quiet corner.
  Over the last year or two I have been experiencing more and more situations like this. It is a good feeling.

I only have one to share, on behalf of my husband.

After basic, my husband and his parents went on their way back to Ottawa and decided to stop somewhere for lunch.
After the meal was done, my husband asked for the bill (he wanted to treat his mom and dad). The waitress told them that it had already been taken care of and that the gentleman who paid for it also asked that they share a beer together after the meal.

She led them to a table where there was an old man and his buddy sitting. My inlaws and hubby sat down with them and all the old man had to say was "thank you, son". He told some old war stories and my father in law talked about his time in the militia....they ended up having a few more than just one beer.

My husband said that it is the one thing that will never leave his mind and keeps him serving.

My children are the biggest army supporters I know. My daughter is 5 and she is convinced that once we are posted at the end of January she will be attending "military school" and she is very upset that she doesn't have her own cadpat. My son who is 4 shrieks at the mere sight of the uniform. He will talk to veterans in the park wearing a pin or yellow ribbon. He will inform strangers in anyform of "cammo". That soldiers are very brave and he is proud to be apart of the Canadian army because he has a job in the army too
" To be good for mommy while daddy is away". He is also very clear to point out to other kids playing pertend guns that its a silly game because only soldiers use guns to protect and make the world a safer place.

Iam from quebec and over there army guy dont have the best reputation but it ok. So i was not used to that kind of support that soldier get here on the west cost. Im very pround to be serving my country and my country man and woman and it alway nice to have them show there support.
Thank you for all of that.
Make me even more pround to be  :cdn:

Back