• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supplementary Reserve Force Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratboy505

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently in the Regular force and am going to be releasing. One idea that was presented to me was to transfer to the Supplementary Reserve force.

If one chooses to be a Supplementary Reserve member, are they technically "employed" by the Canadian Forces anymore?
Is all the Supplementary Reserve Force a call list for former members for employment in the Reservist world and nation emergency situations? What happens if one turns down a offer when a call is recieved (for a job posting to a reservist position etc)?

Unfortunately, no one on my end seems to be able to answer these questions as almost no one has any experience with Supplementary Reserve that I can find.

A couple of points that have me thinking that you are not serious:

1.  You posted this approx one year ago:

ratboy505 said:
I'm considerng applying for Combat Arms and have one question regarding postings after training.
Firstly, I fully understand the needs of the Forces outweigh your personal choice.

Now the question...Does one have any say with where one is posted?

I've read elsewhere that those applying for the Infantry specifically select their Regiment in application process, and more often these days get asked their preferred battalion (during training). Someone inferred that there is a higher chance these days as opposed to the past that you should get where you request.

Is this also the case with the other arms? And how likely is a it to actually happen if such requests happen? My specific interest is in Combat Engineers, but i'm also interested in hearing about the others too. Any clarification on how things are done these days would be appreciated.

You don't seem to have completed more than one year of service in the CF.  Something doesn't jive here.

2.  If you really did ask this question of a RMS Clerk or a Release Clerk and they could not answer you, then the CF is in a real world of hurt.

3.  This is not a "Recruiting" topic.  Please look in the Forums that cover Release, Retirement & SCAN.

TOPIC LOCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back