• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer Ideas For the Kids

proudnurse

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok

It's upon us, that time of year when the kids will be out of school. My daughter will be finishing Grade One at the end of the month.. only a couple weeks away it is hard to believe. I'd love to hear some suggestions and throw some idea's in myself as we go along here for different things that family's enjoy doing together with thier Children over the summer time.

~Rebecca

Two childhood musts: camping and fishing!!! all my favourite memories involve those two things. Both are pretty cheap to do.

Other ideas: picnics/bbqs, family sports (badminton, catch, horseshoes, etc),  just going to the park or nature trails. :)

My son finished the 9th grade a couple of days ago. We just got back from the Order of the Arrow ordeal (Boy Scouting). He's spending this week with his mom and then has about 2 months of stuff with Boy Scouts. It culminates in July-August when he goes to the UK for the World Jamboree of Scouting. When he's at home, he'll be so tired he won't have the energy to complain about being bored. ;)

Here is the first place that we have gone. One day last week, we went out to one of the Beaches, that is only a short drive from where we live, and then again today because I didn't have to work tonight. Good Luck to your son Red 6 when he goes to the UK, I'm sure that will create memories he won't forget.

Formerarmybrat, thanks for the suggestion on camping... I think that is another adventure we are going to give a try a few times too. The link for the website below, also has lots of great places to camp also... I'm going to try and make some good memories with the little one this summer.

http://www.grandriver.ca/index/document.cfm?Sec=27&Sub1=0&sub2=0

~Rebecca

Back