• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer BMQ

JohnnySav

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright, so I was just sworn in, and was told that the next available BMQ course was in the summer (for some reason the weekend courses aren't available...???) and I was wondering if you get time to go home like, on a weekend or something or if you get leave at all during this time.

How many weekends you get off is up to the course staff. F*ck up a lot, fail inspections are good ways to loose your weekend. If you get the weekend off, you can go home or whatever.  

On my BMQ, our first week an a bit we coulden't even use the phones, an our first weekend we were Confined to Barracks an had a lot of inspections after that, etc. After that we did good, passed inspections, etc An got the weekends off, but generally people who failed tests(like first aid) were Confined to Barracks on the weekend.

On mine, we only went home on the third weekend, but after that, it was every weekend off, except if you screwed up big time. I'd say that on your first weekend you will not be going home almost for sure.

Hi there,

im in the same way actually i just got called to be sworn in and will be attending  BMQ this summer( i believe that they told me it was going to be at either Petawawa or Meaford) anyways i was just wondering if anyone could tell me:  1) is BMQ different for reservists than it is for regulars?
                                    2) what kind of lodgings do we stay in? i mean like do we get little cubicle bunks
                                        or do we sleep on bunk beds?
                                      3) any little tips or tricks that would help me through it?

1) alot different, by like 5 weeks.
2)I dont know about pet, but if you are up in Meaford, you will mostlikley be in Mod tents, and sleeping on cots. I have heard of some BMQ courses staying in the shacks though(barracks), and you will be on bunk beds in rooms of 12.
3)You will almost never pass inspection, work on cleaning your stuff, and squarring it away, but dont stress out over it. People that stress, have a bad time. Listen to your staff, and the people on your course that were in cadets(some of them are good resources)

JohnnySav said:
Alright, so I was just sworn in, and was told that the next available BMQ course was in the summer (for some reason the weekend courses aren't available...???) and I was wondering if you get time to go home like, on a weekend or something or if you get leave at all during this time.

summer course is alot better than doing the winter course... you go on weekends... get lazy inbetween stuff like that...
you'll find that the summer course (BMQ/SQ) gives you more of a feel for the life... your immersed in it for 2 months with a few weekends off plus you kill 2 birds with one stone
you'll probably get some weekend leave we got every weekend off if we stay switched on all week so it drove us to work hard... keep that in mind!

Well, If you are doing BMQ in Meaford this summer you will be going through the course with me. Seek the explanation by viewing my other post under SQ 2006, but, I have just taken BMQ and will be taking it again. Never failed, I was near top on the course, just some stupid $#%@ing bullsh!t which occured. Find me, I'll help you out. BMQ is dead easy. The tests are simple, and the lessons are American-proof. Just remember, Don't @#$% buddy, Don't blade buddy, own up when you screw up, and remember, the whole ordeal is just one big act. Laugh at it, just not at them. Oh, and when we do decontamination drills, wear ur worst tunic, it gets all soapy and sh!t, its a pain in the ass.

Back