• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Substantive Rank [MERGED]

Thank you for all the input. I guess I was hoping for answers with a bit more clarity. I am not disputing the CANFORGENS at all, and I understand the requirements, but based on some of the information and references I have found, and speaking with a handful of Warrants and some CPO outside the unit, I believe I have a solid case to make. The Warrants at my unit (supervisor included) all feel like a grievance is the best option.

I do not want to disclose all my information I have received, as I am not sure who exactly is on here. Thanks again for all the info

The timelines as I understand them:

- trained 2010
- promoted 2015
- CANFORGEN 2016

I should think his substantive would stand. He appears to have been promoted IAW the rules in place at the time, therefore any new rules should not adversely affect him. In order to rescind his promotion, someone would have to go through CMP. This is not an action that can be summarily enforced at the unit level. I would suggest that he has a viable grievance if his rank is taken away.

Timeline reference for discussion,

ryanhd20 said:
2009 - Promoted to MS
2010 - Completed CF PLQ
2011 - VOT to army trade
2013 - Completed SQ
2014 - Completed Winter Warfare Basic
2015 - Promoted to MCpl (MPRR says substantive)

Now almost 2 years after promotion, I am possibly having to go back to do the PLQ-A or L MOD4. Are there any references for my specific situation or am I just going to have to do it?

ModlrMike said:
The timelines as I understand them:

- trained 2010
- promoted 2015
- CANFORGEN 2016

I should think his substantive would stand. He appears to have been promoted IAW the rules in place at the time, therefore any new rules should not adversely affect him. In order to rescind his promotion, someone would have to go through CMP. This is not an action that can be summarily enforced at the unit level. I would suggest that he has a viable grievance if his rank is taken away.

Thanks, good point. Will also bring that to the table. On the other hand there is a CANFORGEN from 2008 I think stating all the trades required to take the PLQ-A. Although at that time I was still not Army

ryanhd20 said:
Thanks, good point. Will also bring that to the table. On the other hand there is a CANFORGEN from 2008 I think stating all the trades required to take the PLQ-A. Although at that time I was still not Army

You may find that it is that "change to Army" that may do you in, and require you taking the PLQ-A now that you are "Army".

George Wallace said:
You may find that it is that "change to Army" that may do you in, and require you taking the PLQ-A now that you are "Army".

I agree, however the original promotion message from 2015 stated a change of rank to MCpl substantive. That is what I am arguing. There are references and information out there that I have found alluding to the fact that substantive just cant be taken away.

So you have no real reason not to do the course, just simply think you're above doing it? Did you think you were above doing SQ as a Cpl? If you have a medical reason not to complete it, that's a completely different reason than evading the course for personal reasons. If you don't want to complete the requirements, you hand in your appointment. It's pretty simple. Go ahead and grieve it, you'll lose and waste more then the 4 weeks AJLC takes to complete.

I wasn't tracking the timeline info, was hard to pick up on my phone. My apologies.

PuckChaser said:
So you have no real reason not to do the course, just simply think you're above doing it? Did you think you were above doing SQ as a Cpl? If you have a medical reason not to complete it, that's a completely different reason than evading the course for personal reasons. If you don't want to complete the requirements, you hand in your appointment. It's pretty simple. Go ahead and grieve it, you'll lose and waste more then the 4 weeks AJLC takes to complete.

I wasn't tracking the timeline info, was hard to pick up on my phone. My apologies.

Thanks for the positive input. Based on the advice from my supervisor, as well as other senior Warrants at the unit, and some info/advice from other senior members in the Forces (one of which is at DMIL/C), I believe I have a legitimate case. They have actually recommended proceeding with this. If they told me that there was no case and that I would lose then I would proceed on the course. I do not need to inform you of all the information I have. I was simply coming here looking for some clarity. You are not fully aware of the full situation or any of the advice I have been given. Thank you though for making assumptions.
Funny you should mention SQ. I had no issue doing it, but many of the instructors were questioning why someone with 13 years in the Forces was there. They were puzzled.

ryanhd20 said:
Funny you should mention SQ. I had no issue doing it, but many of the instructors were questioning why someone with 13 years in the Forces was there. They were puzzled.

Not much different than instructors questioning why a member had Operational Jump Wings and a medal or two and is now doing BMQ.  Things like that happen and instructors will always be puzzled.  (Yes.  This has happened.)

In general, every trade occupational specification, aka the OcSpec (pronounced awk-speck)  will list exactly what is required to for each rank (combination of QL courses, specific qualifications, etc).

There used to be a big database that was easy to find on the occupational manager website, but they may or may not have moved it.  You can get to their from EMAA and going to 'my career' where you pick your posting prefs etc.

Lumber said:
Wait, hold on. Is the requirement for promotion appointment to MCpl PLQ, or PLQ + PLQ Army portion?

Fly poop out of pepper point, but the appointment of MCpl is still treated like a promotion, much the same as a Avr/Pte/AB getting their first "hook".  I am trying to remember where I read it, I believe its in a CFAO.

Eye In The Sky said:
Fly poop out of pepper point, but the appointment of MCpl is still treated like a promotion, much the same as a Avr/Pte/AB getting their first "hook".  I am trying to remember where I read it, I believe its in a CFAO.

Go home EITS, you're drunk!  ;D
:cheers:

mariomike said:
Timeline reference for discussion,

I think MarioMike captured something key in his quote from the other thread;

ryanhd20 said:
Good Morning,

First time poster. I will just lay out the facts:
2009 - Promoted to MS
2010 - Completed CF PLQ
2011 - VOT to army trade
2013 - Completed SQ
2014 - Completed Winter Warfare Basic
2015 - Promoted to MCpl (MPRR says substantive)

Now almost 2 years after promotion, I am possibly having to go back to do the PLQ-A or L MOD4. Are there any references for my specific situation or am I just going to have to do it?

The part in yellow is important, IMO.  We relinquish our rank when we remuster, and our QL (at least I did...went from Army Sgt to AF Cpl QL0 and then, again back to QLO on my final remuster).  So, the question that might need to be answered is, what were the rules for C Army Jnr NCOs to be MCpl Substantive when you were promoted (to the appointment of MCpl  8)) at the time your promotion was Eff?  I left the green machine a decade ago and haven't really followed the whole Army PLQ deal that much, but my memory tells me its changed numerous times.

I've some experience with grievances and you might find time spent on that question is worth it, as I think that is what the question would come down to.  This is the key IMO, to your question of if you are/are not Substantive.  I believe the grievance analyst would also find this very relevant to your situation.  Your CF PLQ would have made you MCpl Substantive when you were still Navy but quite possibly not when you OT to Army and got your Leaf back in 2015.  It is possible the Substantive was in error.

I had thought before MarioMike posted that, that you were a purple trade and was going to say that Environmental training can be taken when moving between Environments regardless of Substantive rank on posting.  Example, if you were say, a Supply Tech Sgt and got posted to a Wing, you would likely find yourself on the IAEQ (Intermediate Air Environmental Qualification course).

Some more info for you to consider here, in Section 7.  http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-5000/5031-8.page.  Take a look at the Section 7.3 DP2 stuff and consider it WRT your VOT to Army and promotion to MCpl.

I haven't reviewed all the orders etc in detail, and no doubt double-digit amount of CANFORFENs regarding PLQ and the like in the past few years, but...if you grieved and won, you'd probably still end up taking the applic mods the C Army folks have to do IAW the CANFORGENs under the *required environmental course / trg requirements* stuff, much like the Army DEU Supply Tech Sgt would have to do when he/she was posted to a Wing for the first time.  :2c: 

Just reviewing the CANFORGENs I posted earlier, here is the point I would start working backwards if I were you.  Specifically, the CANFORGEN in Ref B, which then leads to another CANFORGEN.  I'll post them here.

CANFORGEN 080/16 COMD CA 010/16 021800Z MAY 16
DP2 LAND ENVIRONMENT LEADERSHIP TRAINING
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CANFORGEN 051/16 CMP 030/16 301823Z MAR 16
B. CANFORGEN 092/15 COMD CA 019/15 191700Z MAY 15
C. CANFORGEN 101/08 CMP 040/08 031334Z JUN 08

4.  COMPLETION OF AJLC OR IJLC WILL REMAIN A MANDATORY PREREQUISITE FOR ALL CA PERSONNEL AS DETAILED IN PARAGRAPH 4 OF REF B TO RECEIVE SUBSTANTIVE APPOINTMENT TO MCPL

CANFORGEN 092/15 COMD CA 019/15 191700Z MAY 15   
PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY IMPLEMENTATION UPDATE
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: A.CANFORGEN 031/13 COMD CA 006/13 211813Z FEB 13 PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY (PLQ-A)
B. A-PD-055-002/PP-002 NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBER GENERAL SPECIFICATION NCMGS) DATED 9 FEB 11
C. A-PD-002-PLQ-PC-B01 QUALIFICATION STANDARD DP2 ARMY PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION DATED 19 MAY 11
D. A-PD-002-PLQ-PH-B01 TRAINING PLAN - DP2 ARMY PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION DATED 15 MAY 2012
E. CANFORGEN 101/08 CMP 040/08 031334Z JUN 08 COMMON DP1/DP2 TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTEMPORARY CF LAND WARFARE

1. THIS MESSAGE RESCINDS IN TOTALITY THE CANFORGEN AT REF A.

2. BACKGROUND. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MOST RECENT REVIEW OF THE NCM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM AND THE REVISED NCM GENERAL SPECIFICATION (NCMGS) AT REF B, CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE ARMY QUALIFICATION STANDARD AND TRAINING PLAN FOR PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - LAND IN 2012. THESE CHANGES HAVE RESULTED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF A FOUR MODULE SYSTEM WITH A NEW COURSE NAME: PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY (PLQ-A).

3. COURSE STRUCTURE. THE PLQ-A IS STRUCTURED AS FOLLOWS:
A. MODULE 1 - MODULE DELIVERED VIA DISTANCE LEARNING (DL) BY 5 CDN DIV TRAINING CENTRE (TC) FOR ENGLISH SERIALS, AND 2 CDN DIV TC FOR FRENCH SERIALS.
B. MODULE 2 - MODULE DELIVERED IN RESIDENCE (FULL- TIME FORMAT) EITHER AT THE CDN DIV TCS OR AT CBG SCHOOLS FOR THE PRIMARY RESERVE (PRES).
C. MODULES 3 AND 4 - EACH MODULE WILL BE DELIVERED IN RESIDENCE AT THE CDN DIV TCS.

4. ALL OCCUPATIONS CURRENTLY REQUIRED TO ATTEND PLQ-L IAW REF E, AND AS EXPANDED BELOW, WILL BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND PLQ-A. SPECIFICALLY:
A. ALL ARMY MANAGED OCCUPATIONS (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF INFMN): (1) CRMN (2) ARTYMN (3) CBT ENGR (4) GEO TECH (5) ACISS (6) EO TECH L (7) MAT TECH (8) VEH TECH (9) WPN TECH L
B. THE FOLLOWING NON-ARMY MANAGED OCCUPATIONS: (1) MP (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (2) POST CLK (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (3) COMM RSCH (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (4) INT OP (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (5) CBRN OP (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (6) MET TECH (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (7) MSE OP (ARMY DEU ONLY) (8) SUP TECH (ARMY DEU ONLY) (9) RMS CLK (ARMY DEU ONLY) (10) COOK (ARMY DEU ONLY) (11) AMMO TECH (ARMY DEU ONLY) (12) TFC TECH (ARMY DEU ONLY) (13) MUSCN (ARMY RESERVE ONLY)

5. IT MUST BE NOTED THAT ALL TRADES IDENTIFIED ABOVE ALSO REQUIRE BMQ - L TRAINING AS A PRE-REQUISITE TO ATTENDING PLQ - A. SOME OF THE TRADES MENTIONED ABOVE WERE NOT INCLUDED IN REF E.

6. TRAINING DELIVERY. THE FOLLOWING PARAMETERS WILL APPLY TO THE DELIVERY OF THE PLQ-A:
A. MODULE 1 WILL BE DELIVERED IN A SYNCHRONOUS DISTANCE LEARNING FORMAT THROUGH THE DLN. MOD 1 SERIALS WILL BE LINKED TO SPECIFIC SERIALS FOR TRAINING ON MODS 2 - 4 AS IDENTIFIED ON THE ARMY NATIONAL TRAINING CALENDAR (NTC). TO CATER TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PRES, SPECIFIC SERIALS HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED FOR PART-TIME SYNCHRONOUS DELIVERY.
B. MOD 2 - 4 TRAINING FOR REG F MEMBERS MUST BE TAKEN IN ONE BLOCK IN A FULL-TIME FORMAT AT THE CDN DIV TCS. PRES MEMBERS CAN ATTEND THE REG/PRES SERIALS BASED ON THEIR AVAILABILITY
C. TO CATER TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PRES, (I) MOD 2 MAY BE DELIVERED IN A PART-TIME FORMAT AT THE LOCAL CBG SCHOOL OR JUST PRIOR TO MOD 3 AND 4 TRAINING AT THE CDN DIV TCS AND (II) MOD 3 AND 4 WILL BE ONLY DELIVERED IN A FULL-TIME FORMAT AT THE CDN DIV TCS AND ARE INTENDED TO BE DELIVERED CONSECUTIVELY WITH STUDENTS REMAINING FOR THE DURATION. HOWEVER, SERIALS SPECIFICALLY IDENTIFIED AS ARMY RES SERIALS CAN BE ATTENDED BY MODULE FOR PRES MEMBERS.
D. ALL MODS WILL BE MANAGED VIA THE ARMY NTC AND COURSE LOADED BY CTC HQ.
E. A COMMON SELECTING AGENCY WILL APPLY TO ALL MODULES OF THE PLQ-A: D MIL C FOR REG F AND LOCAL CDN DIV HQ FOR PRES.
F. STUDENTS WILL BE NOMINATED FOR THE PLQ-A COMPLETE BY THE SELECTING AGENCY. CTC HQ WILL LOAD AGAINST SPECIFIC SESSIONS BASED ON INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SELECTING AGENCY.

7. TIMELINES: FOR THE REG F, MODS 2 - 4 TRAINING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 YEAR (12 MONTHS) FOLLOWING COMPLETION OF MOD 1.

8. TIMELINES: FOR THE PRES USING THE MODULARIZED TRAINING SYSTEM: THE FOLLOWING TIMELINES MUST BE OBSERVED OR TRAINING WILL BE RESTARTED TO PREVENT SKILL FADE:
A. MOD 2 MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF STARTING MOD 1, AND
B. MOD 4 MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 24 MONTHS OF COMPLETING MOD 1.

9. TRANSITION: AT THIS TIME, VERY FEW MEMBERS REMAIN WHO ARE PARTIALLY TRAINED UNDER THE OLD PLQ-L. IN ORDER TO AVOID GAPS IN TRAINING AND SKILL FADE, PERS WHO HAVE ONLY COMPLETED PLQ-L MODULES 1-5 (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) MUST RESTART AT MOD 1 AS THE ORIGINAL TRANSITION END DATE WAS 30 JUN 2014. ALL OTHER SITUATIONS MUST BE HANDLED THROUGH THE PLAR SYSTEM.
10. CA LEAD FOR THIS DIRECTION IS THE ARMY TRAINING AUTHORITY (ATA). 

I tried to get CANFORGEN 031/13 COMD CA 006/13 211813Z FEB 13 PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY (PLQ-A) from the iPhone app but, it just links to the 2015 CANFORGEN.

In 2015, all Army managed MOSIDs needed to complete PLQ-A to be substansive. I don't believe the list of trades required to complete PLQ-A has changed in some time, evidenced by the OPs completion of SQ in 2013 (the same CANFORGEN outlined SQ and PLQ-A requirements for the MOSIDs).

Here's my take after reading and considering what, IMO, are key dates and facts:

- VOT to Army in 2011 (relinquishment of rank/pay and change of environments)

ryanhd20 said:
This is a portion of my message:

3.  PROMOTED TO SUBSTANTIVE MCPL EFF DATE: 2 MAR 15 SEN DATE: 1 JAN 15 EPZ DATE: 1 JAN 17

- ref B to CANFORGEN 080/16 [the latest and greatest on C Army Jnr NCO requirements) , namely CANFORGEN 092/15 COMD CA 019/15 191700Z MAY 15 .  *Note, mbr was promoted Eff 02 Mar 15.  Therefore, IMO, CANFORGEN 092/15 would not be the reference for the C Army MCpl Substantive requirements.

- WRT to the OP, promoted Eff 02 Mar 2015, the rules for C Army Substantive MCpl should be CANFORGEN 031/13 COMD CA 006/13 211813Z FEB 13 PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY (PLQ-A)

If I were the OP, I'd be looking for a copy of that and seeing what it says before taking another step down the grievance route.  :2c:

EITS, I think you're on the right track with the references. The issue here is that the member was given an incorrect promotion message, stating he was a substansive MCpl despite not having completed the full PLQ-A. The CA controls all training requirements, and I do not believe the changes in who has to complete PLQ-A has changed since the original message outlining CA managed trades. Since the OP has not yet entered the training system for their course, they would be subject to whatever is the newest direction from CCA on PLQ/AJLC.

There is also a CANFORGEN stating that there would be no further grandfathering of the PLQ-A, and anyone missing mods would have to redo from the beginning after a certain date. This is where my caution to the OP would be: best case you end up having to do just AJLC. If you push the issue, and someone connects the dots, you redo the whole thing. I'm not back to work until Monday, I'll get that CANFORGEN WRT grandfathering posted, as I believe its wholly relevant to this scenario. I had to look it up for a subordinate who had a similar circumstance.

CANFORGEN 031/13 COMD CA 006/13 211813Z FEB 13 PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY (PLQ-A)

I looked for this on the DWAN tonight to no avail. Perhaps the OP's unit kept hard copies...

CANFORGEN 031/13 superseeded by:

CANFORGEN 092/15 COMD CA 019/15 191700Z MAY 15

PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY IMPLEMENTATION UPDATE

UNCLASSIFIED

REF: A.CANFORGEN 031/13 COMD CA 006/13 211813Z FEB 13 PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY (PLQ-A)
B. A-PD-055-002/PP-002 NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBER GENERAL SPECIFICATION NCMGS) DATED 9 FEB 11
C. A-PD-002-PLQ-PC-B01 QUALIFICATION STANDARD DP2 ARMY PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION DATED 19 MAY 11
D. A-PD-002-PLQ-PH-B01 TRAINING PLAN - DP2 ARMY PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION DATED 15 MAY 2012
E. CANFORGEN 101/08 CMP 040/08 031334Z JUN 08 COMMON DP1/DP2 TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTEMPORARY CF LAND WARFARE

1. THIS MESSAGE RESCINDS IN TOTALITY THE CANFORGEN AT REF A.

2. BACKGROUND. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MOST RECENT REVIEW OF THE NCM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM AND THE REVISED NCM GENERAL SPECIFICATION (NCMGS) AT REF B, CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE ARMY QUALIFICATION STANDARD AND TRAINING PLAN FOR PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - LAND IN 2012. THESE CHANGES HAVE RESULTED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF A FOUR MODULE SYSTEM WITH A NEW COURSE NAME: PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION - ARMY (PLQ-A).

3. COURSE STRUCTURE. THE PLQ-A IS STRUCTURED AS FOLLOWS:

a. MODULE 1 - MODULE DELIVERED VIA DISTANCE LEARNING (DL) BY 5 CDN DIV TRAINING CENTRE (TC) FOR ENGLISH SERIALS, AND 2 CDN DIV TC FOR FRENCH SERIALS.

b. MODULE 2 - MODULE DELIVERED IN RESIDENCE (FULL- TIME FORMAT) EITHER AT THE CDN DIV TCS OR AT CBG SCHOOLS FOR THE PRIMARY RESERVE (PRES).

c. MODULES 3 AND 4 - EACH MODULE WILL BE DELIVERED IN RESIDENCE AT THE CDN DIV TCS.

4. ALL OCCUPATIONS CURRENTLY REQUIRED TO ATTEND PLQ-L IAW REF E, AND AS EXPANDED BELOW, WILL BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND PLQ-A. SPECIFICALLY:

a. ALL ARMY MANAGED OCCUPATIONS (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF INFMN): (1) CRMN (2) ARTYMN (3) CBT ENGR (4) GEO TECH (5) ACISS (6) EO TECH L (7) MAT TECH (8) VEH TECH (9) WPN TECH L

b. THE FOLLOWING NON-ARMY MANAGED OCCUPATIONS: (1) MP (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (2) POST CLK (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (3) COMM RSCH (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (4) INT OP (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (5) CBRN OP (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (6) MET TECH (ALL ENVIRONMENTS) (7) MSE OP (ARMY DEU ONLY) (8) SUP TECH (ARMY DEU ONLY) (9) RMS CLK (ARMY DEU ONLY) (10) COOK (ARMY DEU ONLY) (11) AMMO TECH (ARMY DEU ONLY) (12) TFC TECH (ARMY DEU ONLY) (13) MUSCN (ARMY RESERVE ONLY)

5. IT MUST BE NOTED THAT ALL TRADES IDENTIFIED ABOVE ALSO REQUIRE BMQ - L TRAINING AS A PRE-REQUISITE TO ATTENDING PLQ - A. SOME OF THE TRADES MENTIONED ABOVE WERE NOT INCLUDED IN REF E.

6. TRAINING DELIVERY. THE FOLLOWING PARAMETERS WILL APPLY TO THE DELIVERY OF THE PLQ-A:

a. MODULE 1 WILL BE DELIVERED IN A SYNCHRONOUS DISTANCE LEARNING FORMAT THROUGH THE DLN. MOD 1 SERIALS WILL BE LINKED TO SPECIFIC SERIALS FOR TRAINING ON MODS 2 - 4 AS IDENTIFIED ON THE ARMY NATIONAL TRAINING CALENDAR (NTC). TO CATER TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PRES, SPECIFIC SERIALS HAVE BEEN IDENTIFIED FOR PART-TIME SYNCHRONOUS DELIVERY.

b. MOD 2 - 4 TRAINING FOR REG F MEMBERS MUST BE TAKEN IN ONE BLOCK IN A FULL-TIME FORMAT AT THE CDN DIV TCS. PRES MEMBERS CAN ATTEND THE REG/PRES SERIALS BASED ON THEIR AVAILABILITY

c. TO CATER TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PRES, (I) MOD 2 MAY BE DELIVERED IN A PART-TIME FORMAT AT THE LOCAL CBG SCHOOL OR JUST PRIOR TO MOD 3 AND 4 TRAINING AT THE CDN DIV TCS AND (II) MOD 3 AND 4 WILL BE ONLY DELIVERED IN A FULL-TIME FORMAT AT THE CDN DIV TCS AND ARE INTENDED TO BE DELIVERED CONSECUTIVELY WITH STUDENTS REMAINING FOR THE DURATION. HOWEVER, SERIALS SPECIFICALLY IDENTIFIED AS ARMY RES SERIALS CAN BE ATTENDED BY MODULE FOR PRES MEMBERS.

d. ALL MODS WILL BE MANAGED VIA THE ARMY NTC AND COURSE LOADED BY CTC HQ.

e. A COMMON SELECTING AGENCY WILL APPLY TO ALL MODULES OF THE PLQ-A: D MIL C FOR REG F AND LOCAL CDN DIV HQ FOR PRES.

f. STUDENTS WILL BE NOMINATED FOR THE PLQ-A COMPLETE BY THE SELECTING AGENCY. CTC HQ WILL LOAD AGAINST SPECIFIC SESSIONS BASED ON INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SELECTING AGENCY.

7. TIMELINES: FOR THE REG F, MODS 2 - 4 TRAINING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 YEAR (12 MONTHS) FOLLOWING COMPLETION OF MOD 1.

8. TIMELINES: FOR THE PRES USING THE MODULARIZED TRAINING SYSTEM: THE FOLLOWING TIMELINES MUST BE OBSERVED OR TRAINING WILL BE RESTARTED TO PREVENT SKILL FADE:

a. MOD 2 MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF STARTING MOD 1, AND

b. MOD 4 MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 24 MONTHS OF COMPLETING MOD 1.

9. TRANSITION: AT THIS TIME, VERY FEW MEMBERS REMAIN WHO ARE PARTIALLY TRAINED UNDER THE OLD PLQ-L. IN ORDER TO AVOID GAPS IN TRAINING AND SKILL FADE, PERS WHO HAVE ONLY COMPLETED PLQ-L MODULES 1-5 (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) MUST RESTART AT MOD 1 AS THE ORIGINAL TRANSITION END DATE WAS 30 JUN 2014. ALL OTHER SITUATIONS MUST BE HANDLED THROUGH THE PLAR SYSTEM.

10. CA LEAD FOR THIS DIRECTION IS THE ARMY TRAINING AUTHORITY (ATA). CADTC POC IS CH CA PD CSN 271-8417. ARMY INDIVIDUAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (AITA) POC IS CTC HQ G7 TRG DES (CA), CSN 432-3812. CTC G3 POC FOR COURSE LOADING AND SCHEDULING IS G3 COURSES 2-1, CSN 432-3393 OR CSN 432-2067.

Ya, I already had posted that one above.  What the OP needs, IMO, is 031/13 but it looks like it was removed once superseded.  Might have to ask for the original thru the system.

Back