• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stupid laws

GAP said:
Gee, not many on that site George......are you guys slacking off or just not passing the word?

We aim to please.  We have options for everything in our little plan for world domina n c............. ummm.  Ummm!  Let's just say we try to plan for contingencies.

Lil_T said:
I agree that the noise is a nuisance, I think it's a stupid law because it's outside the normal noise constraints (time etc).  There are lots of things that are outside of "common courtesy" that doesn't make them illegal.  It just appears that those laws that I listed are directed squarely at the younger population.  I highly doubt any of the elderly population would be issued a citation for blaring Hank Williams or Johnny Cash.  To me, it's about even application of the law.

I'm 48 next month, almost farting mummy dust.  My tunes in my truck include Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Van Halen (NOT Van Hagar), Led Zeppelin, and a metric shitload of other tunes that I would dearly love to listen to at rear window shattering volume, but I don't, because I'm not entitled to force my particular musical taste on you, or vice versa.

48 isn't that old... you're a year younger than my bio mom!  ;D

I get what you're saying.  Though I don't recall saying I blasted my music either - I've got a pair of very young eardrums that are in my car more often than not.  I'd rather not damage them.  It's not really about entitlement, like I said, it's more about even application of the law.  You know, if the kids are going to get tickets, the seniors should too.  There have been lots of times when we were visiting the in-laws and saw/heard random older people (60's +) blasting their music.  But only the kid (under 30) gets pulled over for loud music.  I just don't see it as fair.  Fortunately we don't visit for very long.

If a thief breaks in your house and your dog bites him, you can be sued by the thief.

Back