• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting Reserves BMQ Saturday and looking for some guidance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

godspeedinfinity

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello all,

I got sworn in tonight and am starting BMQ (well, BMOQ I guess, but the BMQ course with a few weeks added on for myself) on Saturday.

Firstly, I underestimated how much stuff you have to fit in the bags and ruck.

That leads into my first question: does it matter what I put in which bag? I have literally no idea what I am doing in regards to my kit.

Next, in regards to my uniform, I was told by one of the Sgts that I should come in uniform, though I have no idea how to properly wear a uniform or anything like that. Can anyone give me some guidance as to what to wear when I show up, including any patches and what not? Also, it says on the instructions to bring PT and civvies, and I was wondering if that should be in a separate bag or can it be in one of the duffle bags?

Lastly, what is meant by "marking your kit"? I saw that posted on here a fair bit as something good to do.

Thanks so much for any advice.

godspeedinfinity said:
I got sworn in tonight and am starting BMQ (well, BMOQ I guess, but the BMQ course with a few weeks added on for myself) on Saturday.

You may find these discussions helpful,

Reserve BMOQ
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+reserve+BMOQ&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=WGfrVunuIKyC8QfbsKqACQ&gws_rd=ssl

Reserve BMQ
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+reserve+BMOQ&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=WGfrVunuIKyC8QfbsKqACQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+reserve+BMQ

Label all of your kit. Last name and last 3 of your service number.

Don't worry about what you pack and where, it'll all get dumped and repacked when you get there.

Bring workout clothing (shirt, shorts, good athletic shoes, socks). As for civilian clothing, not to sure what to do for that, but you can certainly pack it in a duffel or ruck.

Have you been taught how to properly wear the uniform? If not, do not worry, they'll teach you. If you can, if there's anyone from your unit working Friday, maybe meet up for an Intro to the CAF uniform... Or You can do one of two things, do your best... It's pretty straightforward, t-shirt, pants, socks, belt, shirt, boots and beret; show up dressed. Option two is get there early and change at your training location.

Trust me on this though... They'll teach you so don't stress too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back