• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting Process before legal age

S

sharp_edge777

ok, I apologize if this has been posted before or if their is currently a post on this topic. Heres the question, for the last few years I have always wanted a job in the CF. I am in my last year of high school and will be finished by June. I am 17 years old and will be turning 18 in November, however, I know how long the application process can take so I was hoping to start it now before I finsh school.  The problem is that my parent while not against my wanting to join do not want to sign for me. Maybe Im just being impatient because I dont want to wait till November to start the process but it would be nice if I could start the ball rolling as soon as possible. Would their be any way to get around the age issue since I will be eighteen in November. btw, I was planning on applying for 031 as a NCM.

Also, one last question, does the CF accept homeschool transcripts? For Grade 12 I am currently being homeschooled. You advice is much appreciated.

I might be wroung but I think for them to process your paper work you have to be min 18. but I would think it would be ok if you went to pick up a application package and started reading it over and fill in stuff that you can.

you got me on the home schooling thing. not sure.

Regarding the homeschooling, I believe you still have to take the provincial exams, to prove that you are up to snuff for the GED (or whatever they call the homeschooling diploma).  Thus, having that would be enough for High School.  However, aren't the minimums for the 031 trade only grade 10?  http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/howtojoin/eligibility_e.aspx

As always, check with your recruiter, they'll know for sure, but from what I understand if you show that you've graduated grade 10, that's all you need.

T

Yea, the requirements for 031 are minumum Grade 10, but since I have done Grade 12 it would kinda suck to have to go down just because they wont accept homeschool diploma. So Im hoping to avoid that bit if I have to take the GED then I'll do that because I really want this. Thanks for all your input.

Back