• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Standing Contingency Task Force: A Canadian Marine Unit?

How about this for an answer:

Are there people paid to think about this?  Yes.

Is there a plan to build this thing?  Not right now.

Hello I'm just new in the forum... But I can tell you some few friends have been on the expirimental MAU and the shut it down because of $$$$. They waithing more money for the MAU but it fact JTF2 are still doing the diving side.  They need  more expertise in EOD for beaching special ops team. sory for my english...

WHY? You should not be shock .... At some point we will need that. MAU will be back soon...

Yeah... it looks like this project is pretty much dead.

Everything was going so well.  This past summer all was a good and everything looked like it was falling into alignment.  Then the death notice was issued with the Nov 2010 announcement by the PMO that ALSC / JSS project will die and we will go with a less expensive AOR project. The AOR Advance Contract Award Notices have already gone out I am told. 

It is interesting to note that there is a small shop of five senior Navy officers in Ottawa who are still working on the JSS project. hmmm...

MC

Well thank gawd the Navy will be getting something less bastardized for its RAS needs.  I wonder if we could though build an LPD using the AOR hull we select.....

Anybody think this project will be revived now that they've decided on a JSS? http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/berlin-class-fleet-auxiliary-vessels/

A new class of auxiliary replenishment ships for the RCN has nothing to do with someone's fantasy for an amphibious capability for the CF.

I obviously haven't looked at this thread for a while.

When I clicked on "New", this was the post that greeted me:

PPCLI Guy said:
And should I be CDS some day, this experiment will be known as the genesis of the First Canadian Marine Expeditionary Force...formerly known as the Canadian Forces.

Fortunately for most, I will never be CDS.

Hmmmm.......

The odds have increased a smidgen since then.

Should we start worrying yet?

SeaKingTacco said:
A new class of auxiliary replenishment ships for the RCN has nothing to do with someone's fantasy for an amphibious capability for the CF.

I mostly agree, I just happened to read MedCorps' comment that "This past summer all was a good and everything looked like it was falling into alignment.  Then the death notice was issued with the Nov 2010 announcement by the PMO that ALSC / JSS project will die..." and then I found out that they finally made a decision on a JSS Design... so I was curious what people thought. I didn't even know such a capability was in the works back then... although at the time I was in the army and didn't give two shits about the Navy and maritime warfare...

Back