• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

STA in the Reserves

Craig B

Inactive
Reaction score
During a briefing by my CO the subject of STA came up . Apparently there is talk at the national level of Reserve units getting STA taskings .

I find this hard to believe due to the cost and training issues ( Lots of both ) .

Mortars I can see but STA ?

Maybe I'm really behind the times when it comes to the complexity of the training and cost of CB radar systems and UAV's .

If anyone can correct me , please do .

Craig

I will ask my hubby what he knows about this...he is currently TC STA trp here at W Bty at the Arty School...I know that there is talk of having STA Bties nationally (Pet, Shilo, Valc) but that is still a few years away.

As it sits right now, there will be no STA equipment for a few years, and the organisations for the batteries are somewhat based upon conjecture.

There has been talk of reserve STA tasks, but there is no equipment budgeted at the moment.  However, that is today, talk to  me in about six months when the artillery has redirected itself once more.

Cheers

BTW CdnArtyWife, I realise now who your hubby is, and he and I talk quite frequently on this subject.  I'm looking forward to talking to him upon return from BTE.

STA Gunner - Is CdnArtyWife's spouse, the same one we both know from our past?

Well since STA is going to be take a few years no sense trying to gather any info now .

thanks for the responses ,

Craig

STA Gunner said:
BTW CdnArtyWife, I realise now who your hubby is, and he and I talk quite frequently on this subject.  I'm looking forward to talking to him upon return from BTE.

See now you have my curiosity running away with me...
Dang if I'm not wracking my brain to figure out who you are... :D

CdnArtyWife said:
See now you have my curiosity running away with me...
Dang if I'm not wracking my brain to figure out who you are... :D

I don't think we have met.  But I had the troop your husband has from 2002 to 2004.  He and I have communicated about UAV issues at length.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Yeah, I figured it out on my drive home to NB from my weekend in NS...

If I am correct you would be "the smartest man in Oromocto"...

And if that is the case, no we have not met formally, but you have been pointed out to me from accross the room on several occaisions...I am looking forward to meeting you too. At the FAS Harvest Dinner perhaps?

Yeah, my title gets around.  That's me.

Unfortunately, my wife and I are not going to the harvest dinner...other engagements.

I'm sure we'll meet soon. :)

Quote,
If I am correct you would be "the smartest man in Oromocto"...

Oh my, so many punchlines, so little time.......

Looks like I opened a can of worms...

hahaha

Hope hubby doesn't "pay for it" later...oi! ;D

By the way, he says "Hey, don't mind my wife..." :salute:

Back