• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St Jean Photo's (dial up warning)

punkd

Inactive
Reaction score
Just home for easter break and I got some pictures developed from Basic. I just finished week 6.

vimejm.jpg

That was from our last inspection. We are one of the first platoons to get issued with the C7A2.

Heres what happens when you forget to lock your kit up... Havnt had this happen to me yet but heres the aftermath one of my friends came back too

vimg4i.jpg

I think the instructors  almost have fun doing that..

vimkr4.jpg

Now im almost sure they have fun doing that!

vimobd.jpg

Seems as though my bed was not upto standard that day  :-\

Just thought I would post some of the fun parts of BMQ  ;D

Haaaaha. I just finished week 5... We got the A2's also, they are pretty sweet.

I can't believe my platoon is almost half done the course and we are still the new ones, if you don't count the one platoon of officer cadets..

Ya I noticed there have been no new courses starting. I heard something about one starting in May sometime. I think they might be doing the new 13 week BMQ course but im not 100% sure on that.

If any one has any questions about BMQ or what to bring/what not to bring or whatever ask a way and I'll answer as best I can.

punkd
do not forget to lock all your lockers etc. Someone in my sons course did and when he got back to barracks they had tied all his clothing inside one pair of coveralls including his Du's and took his gloves and filled them with socks with middle finger up and stapled it to the sleeve of said coveralls.So when he opened his locker there was just a middle finger in his face.

Lol excellent post PUNKD!
maybe the mods should make this a must read so the newbies can get answers to

will they be bad?

will they yell at me?

will they mess up my kit?

whats basic like?

Good to see they still do that stuff,I was beginning to think it was a thing of the past!
Love the bed flip!

Feck, gucci kit from the beginning eh. Must be nice. We did basic with the A1 iron sight. Didn't even get to touch a C79 till SQ and then we still didn't get the A2. Bastage !!

Hoover said:
Feck, gucci kit from the beginning eh. Must be nice. We did basic with the A1 iron sight.

?
You sure you used a C7A1 and not a C7?

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-c7.htm
http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-c7a1.htm

MikeL said:
?
You sure you used a C7A1 and not a C7?

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-c7.htm
http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-c7a1.htm

Are you sure you looked at the picture ??????

"I think the instructors  almost have fun doing that.."

- "Locker security lessons" resulted from the need to teach recruits they MUST learn to secure their lockers before they are issued rifles, as having an insecure locker with a rifle in it was an automatic charge in the old days.  This lesson was imparted ruthlessly in some cases, with the old Cornwallis metal lockers being turned upside down, or even sliding out of windows (before the new smaller windows were installed in 1984).  The St. Jean tradition was to stuff all of the contents of a recruit's locker into his/her coveralls and drag it into the 60 seat theatre stating "we secured your kit for you, here it is."  Walking into that theatre seeing a pair of coveralls stuffed like a ragedy-ann doll, wondering whose it is....  If two or more lockers were insecure, it was a simple matter of snapping the locks shut on each other's locker.  Panic - sheer panic.

Good that you are having fun, keep it up.

bahahah, that did happen to me in basic.

well the rag doll was in the locked in the locker my bed was still ok, so I didn't expect anything until I opened my locker. The real pain was that all my shirts were tied in very tight knots, well everything that could be tied.

Everytime (I think it happened 3 times) that it happened to someone in my basic training, everyone on the floor would help to ready the kit for the following day inspection. Everything was about teamwork in my platoon.

TCBF said:
"I think the instructors  almost have fun doing that.."

- "Locker security lessons" resulted from the need to teach recruits they MUST learn to secure their lockers before they are issued rifles, as having an insecure locker with a rifle in it was an automatic charge in the old days.  This lesson was imparted ruthlessly in some cases, with the old Cornwallis metal lockers being turned upside down, or even sliding out of windows (before the new smaller windows were installed in 1984).  The St. Jean tradition was to stuff all of the contents of a recruit's locker into his/her coveralls and drag it into the 60 seat theatre stating "we secured your kit for you, here it is."  Walking into that theatre seeing a pair of coveralls stuffed like a ragedy-ann doll, wondering whose it is....  If two or more lockers were insecure, it was a simple matter of snapping the locks shut on each other's locker.  Panic - sheer panic.

Good that you are having fun, keep it up.

Yes, locker security is very important. It happens alot up till about week 4 and then it cuts down. Stupid way to get a councelling, and when you know you only have 7 councellings  before your sent to PRB locking up your kit is a pretty easy thing to remember.

Plus once your issued your weapon you are facing possible charges as well as going down and asking the MP's for your rifle back. So far no one has been dinged for unsecure weapon yet but we have still had a few kits left unsecured. They will nail you during the nightly rounds when they do the check with the fire picket.  If you even leave your locker open to goto the washroom you're not in for a good night. You will soon learn what "Dress Parade" is.  ;D (pluss a councelling if they tell your platoon staff)

Hey there fellow BMQers, I'll be starting week 8 on tuesday........the worst I've seen yet was when a couple of people in our platoon left dirty..( yes really dirty), underwear under their beds.  When the instructors came up for security inspections they saw this and after trashing almost everones beds they made us all switch cubicles with the people on the other side....( of course after a 5am to 8pm day), and then have us write a 1000 word essay on the importance of cleanliness and then of course the next day they had us move everything back to our original cubicles.
    You learn to keep your shit secure at all times after stuff like that!
  What a boring long weekend here at the Mega........at least most people got to go home.  All I've been doing is sitting around, drinking beer and watching movie after movie after movie.  Oh well, at least I had a blast in Montreal yesterday....Whohooo!!
  Cheers guys and keep your shit locked!
Steve :cdn:

Hoover said:
Feck, gucci kit from the beginning eh. Must be nice. We did basic with the A1 iron sight. Didn't even get to touch a C79 till SQ and then we still didn't get the A2. Bastage !!

It's funny, because I recently in a naval weapons lock-up, and remarked that I wish we still had the iron sights...

Just out of curiosity since I'm reserve and we don't stay in barracks. Where is the bolt carrier assembly for inspection?

Pte(R). McWatt said:
Just out of curiosity since I'm reserve and we don't stay in barracks. Where is the bolt carrier assembly for inspection?

In St. Jean, the bolts are locked up.  The only time you get them are in the field and during weapons classes. 

(Sometimes I feel safer that way,  as you don't know everyone very well and considering there was a suicide on my IAP, and one good scare).

Just out of curiousity, is  the C7-A2 becoming standard issue for Basic courses? 

Quag said:
Just out of curiousity, is  the C7-A2 becoming standard issue for Basic courses? 

From what I've heard, it's gradually being phased in for basic courses.

Amusing how they get the C7A2 but are still using the old leather gloves...

Well the old two piece combat glove is alot better than the POS Cadpat ones we have now. Considering that the new ones, we can't do f**** all with.

Except if you wear just the leather outer it turns ur hands black from the leather inside.  ;D

Back