• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St. Jean BMQ - Inspection photos

Trinity said:
WHAT

don't you have 2 sets of keys....

not like you still couldn't use it as storage!!!!!

Didn't think about that. It would be great storage.

vehtech wife said:
dk,

My hubby took a camera phone with him to St. Jean a year ago and had no problems. It was great for him to be able to e-mail photos to friends and family while he was away.

Good luck!

Thanks vehtech wife. That's probably what I'll do. But I'll get a disposable camera for the field portion, just in case. I don't want to take the cell phones during exercise, and I can't spend time worrying about the phone.

Just thought that I would send a quick post since I have learned more in the past two months about this place than I thought I could. 

First off, doubles are ok , just don't get caught.  I'm not sure about the green sector, but the blue sector has a personal lock box in the locker that you can put a small amount of stuff in.

Second, cameras, digital or disposable are a great idea since they will give you memories that you will laugh at for years later.

Third, I brought my personal vehicle and aside from using it as storage, it is nice when you get a weekend off to take off in it and drive yourself somewhere instead of relying on someone else or a taxi which can start to add up.

Best of luck to everyone who's starting basic and those in basic already.

Cheers  :)

You could always bring those water-proof cameras. I took those to Wonderland a few times and we did underwater pics in the wave pool and took it on the log ride. The only thing is that you have to get them developed, which is troublesome.

Someone mentioned having a spare set of keys for the car... this is just my pessimistic side talking... but wouldn't the instructors destroy your entire world if they caught you accessing your car against orders? I haven't even gotten there yet and I have a healthy fear/respect of the instructors. lol

I know the camera thing if over a year and a half old but...
When i went through Recruit training at Kapooka one of the boys brought his digital camera with him and we all posed it up in photos, he took one of me wearing my slouch hat, jocks and pretending to iron my Steyr. Other guys did similar stuff and everyone thought it were hilarious. Problem was that Sanchez lost his camera. And our DS found his camera. And half a dozen guys got charged for various things resulting from the photos. It seems really funny at the time but it really came back to bite some people.
If someone asked me whether they should bring a camera to their recruit training i'd tell them without a shadow of a doubt that i dont regret not having one and you'll get plenty of time in your military career to look like a dickhead in photos.
But leaving it at home is just my opinion...

The disposable digital cameras can come in handy.  I can rig them up so you can re-use them over and over again..  Just need access to a computer to transfer images off to make room for new ones.  That's what I think I'm gonna bring.  Anyone interested let me know.

dk said:
Didn't think about that. It would be great storage.

Thanks vehtech wife. That's probably what I'll do. But I'll get a disposable camera for the field portion, just in case. I don't want to take the cell phones during exercise, and I can't spend time worrying about the phone.

Well, since we're going back to reply to 1.5 year old posts......
My staff didn't take the keys for the vehicle. Didn't need that kind of storage anyway.
We were Confined to Barracks (CB) for the first 4 weeks, so didn't / couldn't use vehicle. But after that it was fine.

As for the camera, my camera phone (as well as other electronics, ie: PSP, etc.) was handed in till week 4 and we had to write a memo to get them back.
I used disposable cameras the whole time. Others had small digital cameras with them and had no problem, and they used zip lock bags to keep clean in the field.

Where do you put the digi when you're in the field?  If you're crawling/rolling around all the time it could break ?

Testify said:
Where do you put the digi when you're in the field?  If you're crawling/rolling around all the time it could break ?

That would be up to you to figure out.... (part of the fun)

This might be a little off topic, but do they treat MP3 players the same way they would for phones/cameras and such? As in, would they lock it away for a certain amount of time till you write them a memo or something, so you can get it back?

Just figured I'd ask to make sure.

Back