• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St. Jean BMQ Febuary 22nd

I was waiting for someone to start a thread for feb 22nd. I am coming from Ottawa.

Coming on Feb 22 aswell from Regina Beach SK, a town of about 3,000 lol.  Goin for the Signal Operator trade.:)

I'm hoping to join you guys - provided my leg is better and my Drs and physiotherapist give me the all clear.  either way - good luck on course!

hahaha you'll see me around - I have no doubt of that.

I will be there Feb 22 too... as a Sup Tech and I am from Edmonton.

Yeah I hope the leg gets feeling better... I'm going through for MP. I've found lots of good tips on the forums to get ready for BMQ. I fly up on the 20th... same for you guys?

FullMetalGunner said:
Yeah I hope the leg gets feeling better... I'm going through for MP. I've found lots of good tips on the forums to get ready for BMQ. I fly up on the 20th... same for you guys?

Yes I get sworn in on the 19th and fly out on the 20th.  There are 2 platoons for the 22nd though... do you guys know which one you are in?

I swear in feb 6th. i am not sure which platoon ill be on. is it 2 english or 1 french 1 english?

They're both anglo courses. FYI.

If I do end up on that course I'd like to get on with my old course staff - but that's a crapshoot. Hope the leg is better by then.

Good luck troops. If you have any questions about the joint feel free to ask (PM)... I'm there now.

Could swear I heard that in the new year BMQ was going back to 10 weeks... the start/end date on the CFLRS says otherwise though. I guess you'll find out.

i too am in CFLRS right now and i heard the rumor of a 10 week course myself but was told by staff that its not happening,we'll just have to wait and see in Jan.

I don't think we are going to the 10 week because my end date is May 28th and I'm starting on the 22nd of Feb.

That's a big NO on the 10 week course rumour superfriends.  I've had the privilege of poking around in places most of you guys wouldn't get to see - while there are some changes to the course, shortening it to 10 weeks isn't one of them.  According to MITE and the CFLRS production schedule, last time I checked, the course was still 14 weeks including Preparatory week.

turbonium said:
that is good to hear. I want the full training!  :blotto:

When i joined in 1993, the course was 10 weeks. I'm sure i got the "full training."

::)

CDN Aviator said:
When i joined in 1993, the course was 10 weeks. I'm sure i got the "full training."

::)

it was probably more intense eh? I am sure a LOT has changed on the way they teach/treat recruits. Ill see for myself :)

Back