• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Spirits.

Enzo

Inactive
Reaction score
The beer thread opens the door to this question; what is your hard liqour of choice?

I already mentioned in beer, but once again:

Highland Park 18 yr Single Malt Scottish Whiskey.

Depends on the mood and/or location

Jack Daniels
Bushmills
Havana Club 7 years or Los Marinos Dark Rum(only available in Cuba)
Screech
Any good Single Malt

All of course enjoyed with a good hand rolled Havana cigar and excellent company.

If Im feeling the Heritage then its Single Malt 20yr Auchentoshan Lowlands, If im feeling the need to party its Polmos Rektifikowany Spyrityus...AKA Pollack Moonshine, its 96% and high powered...

But mostly Im a scotch man being a drummer in a p&d band and my history and all

By the way, I think we‘re giving non-Canadians the idea that Canadians are alcoholics. 2/3‘s of the threads in this forum are about alcohol. :D :p :dontpanic:

Originally posted by Danjanou:
[qb] Havana Club 7 [/qb]
I have 6 bottles of this that I brought back from my last trip down.
If anyone should get the opportunity to try I highly suggest you do and you will never, ever drink another rum. In fact, you may never drink anything other then rum at all, which is how I am.

So my answer is Rum, normally one of my Havana Clubs also, with a fat Cuban cigar or a pack of lucky strikes, both of which came back with the Rum. And of course the right company.
With spirits it‘s alot more then the actual booze, it‘s all about the atmosphere!

I brought two bottles of Highland Park back from the Orkney‘s. They had a limited fun of 2000 bottles for the Millennium. It‘s 52%. God the price, but we drank one @ New Years a few years ago. Absolutely, the waters of life.

Originally posted by Ex-Dragoon:
[qb] Crown Royal :D [/qb]
I got a bottle of CR from my boss at Xmas. He‘s an ex senior NCO mudgunner. I‘m moving into a house I just bought on the 17 th of Feb and te bottle will be cracked that day when the move is done!

Enzo please check your mail.

Slim :blotto:

Hmm... all depends on what I‘m drinking for.

A good tawny port is great for celebrating. Goes good with a fine cigar, as well :D

But for run-of-the-mill hard liqour, give me scotch.

Absinthe is quite interesting if you have never tried it. I‘ve only ever seen a spanish type called "Deva" at the LCBO, and I only saw it and bought it once.

It doesnt really get you drunk, although it has a high alcohol content (100 proof I think)...it makes things...weird...I remember having very interesting conversations while drinking it. It was almost like the opposite of drunk, if you assume sober is the middleground. You think very clearly and you just wanna talk and talk because ideas all make sense and seem perfectly constructed in your head...

It was very weird, but nice. Although I can‘t find it again...

Speaking of weird drunks...who here drinks Ouzo?

That stuff is biffed and to this day I still can‘t eat black licorice anymore.

Nasty.

Anyone had "Alcool" from France, it‘s 97% it sounds alot like what NBK is speaking of

Ouzo is the ****. It‘s got an interesting taste to say the least.

I like rum (and coke) and drambuie. (flaming, of course) :D

Oh yeah Alcool, otherwise known as liquid stupid. Some sadistic Fusiler type smuggled a bottle into a mess dinner in Aldershot one year. My memory gets a little foggy after that. :blotto:

Ouzo is ok, I prefer Sambuca for that licorice taste though.

I notice no one has mentioned Tequilla yet.

Kay I know you‘ve all done it. You belly up to the bar with your buddy and it becomes a contest of who can buy the other the worst shot. So how about the most rancid shot you can buy your buddy? Up there has to be a prairie fire, tequila and tabasco (tastes like stomach bile and hot sauce).

As for my choices of the hard stuff, Jag, Sambuca, or chilled Stoli. I‘m still finishing off the supersize bottle of Chivas Regal 12 yr I bought duty free a year back, thats for special occasions (mysteriously half of it disappeared between me and my brother the night before his wedding).

Back