• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Specialized Trades...

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Specialized Trades...

Posted by Muppet from Canada on April 13, 1999 at 19:37:12:

In Reply to: Re: I think I‘m going to frame this response posted by Greg Wool on April 12, 1999 at 04:27:48:

Actually, plans are in place for this kind of thing. Although it is true that even the life of the Infantry"person" sorry, couldn‘t resist! is becoming more technical, the vast majority of the trades in the CF are able to split down into sub-components when it comes time for a general mobilization. This is to enable a large number of people to be trained for the "appropriate" task in a relatively short period of time.

ie. Not all armoured need to know all of the positions in the veh, not all supply techs need to know how to order supplies, not all MP‘s need to know how to set up a PW Cage, not all gunners need to know how to lay the gun... Instead of a basic Supply Tech course taking 12 weeks or however long it takes someone will get trained in how to issue items and keep stock in 3 weeks instead. Somebody else is going to learn how to actually order the various bits and pieces needed and place them into the inventory. I know that some folks are going to cringe at this idea as it is a well founded principal that you must know all aspects of your trade but when push comes to shove...

The trades that this is not able to work for have been identified and these are the lucky fellows who earn spec pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back