• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Special Swearing in?

Leonidio

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi ,I am a recruit and my recruitment process was succefully completed.
I got answers to my questions and my various requests,but this one I dont seem to understand.
Everybody swears in at the local unit right?Im joining RMR,in montreal,so why do I have to go to ottawa to swear in?The guy that called me from the CFRC told me I had to go once in the base in montreal,and at the second time I would go there and take the bus to ottawa.Can anyone make this a bit more clear for me?Are they going to take my picture?Make me sigh stuff?Any help would be very appreciated!Thanks in advance  :salute: :cdn:

Leonidio said:
Hi ,I am a recruit and my recruitment process was succefully completed.
I got answers to my questions and my various requests,but this one I dont seem to understand.
Everybody swears in at the local unit right?Im joining RMR,in montreal,so why do I have to go to ottawa to swear in?The guy that called me from the CFRC told me I had to go once in the base in montreal,and at the second time I would go there and take the bus to ottawa.Can anyone make this a bit more clear for me?Are they going to take my picture?Make me sigh stuff?Any help would be very appreciated!Thanks in advance  :salute: :cdn:

Yes, you will be going to Ottawa to be sworn in by the CDS and you will be signing all the paperwork before then. CFRC Montreal will explain everything to you very soon.

kincanucks said:
Yes, you will be going to Ottawa to be sworn in by the CDS and you will be signing all the paperwork before then. CFRC Montreal will explain everything to you very soon.

Yes, sir! I just find it great.

I've been also called this morning (Montreal). Explanations coming during next week as the swearing in ceremony is held on Saturday June 3rd.

Hey Mdb!Im getting sworn in on june 3rd as well!Its going to be great,I really cant wait to be a member of the Cf officialy! :cdn: :cdn:

My son is being sworn in the same day.  The event will be at the Canadian War Museum.  Since this is part of Candian Forces Day activities, I expect to see lots of the "high priced help" there. ;D

Well, dh and I are very lucky to have been invited to be a special guest that day.  I look forward to seeing all you  guys taking your oath.  Congrats to all the new recruits.  Challenging life, but very rewarding.

I was told there will be around 250 people swearing in. Parking should be fun. Maybe I will bus it. Safe trip to everyone travelling here to swear in.

janedoe said:
I was told there will be around 250 people swearing in. Parking should be fun. Maybe I will bus it. Safe trip to everyone travelling here to swear in.

Parking WILL be a problem.  If you are one of those being sworn on that day (or one of their guests), your CFRC will give you guidance and assistance in getting there.

If you're taking the bus there, the easiest and fastest thing to do (Ottawa has very long bus-waiting periods) is to take one the 95/96/97 buses from wherever you may catch them and get off at the "Lebreton" stop.  You'll see it, its a big one.  There are buses going northbound closer to the museum from there but its easier to just walk the distance. 

OC Transpo System Map:
http://www.octranspo.com/mapscheds/SystemMap/sys_map_2005/system_map2005.pdf

From CF news.

Canadian Forces to Welcome More Than 200 New Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen and Airwomen

MA-06.011 - June 1, 2006

OTTAWA – The Honourable Gordon O’Connor, Minister of National Defence, will attend an enrolment ceremony during which more than 200 recruits from the Kingston, Ottawa, Gatineau and Montréal areas will join the Canadian Forces (CF). The ceremony will take place Saturday, June 3 on the grounds of the Canadian War Museum, 1 Vimy Place, Ottawa, starting at 12:30 p.m.

General Rick Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff, will officiate as the new enrolees take the Oath of Allegiance or make the Solemn Affirmation.

Media are invited to attend the ceremony and the reception immediately following.  Media representatives will be able to speak with the newest CF members as well as Gen Hillier and Colonel Kevin Cotten, Commander CF Recruiting Group, regarding recruiting initiatives.

Regrettably, because of the number of recruits, family members and friends who are expected to attend, this event is not open to the general public.

The enrolment ceremony is in keeping with the CF’s initiatives to increase its recruiting intake and will be a major component of Canadian Forces Day events in Ottawa during the June 3-4 weekend. The ceremony will feature a Guard of Honour, music by two bands, a rappelling display, a naval display, a gun salute and a CF-18 fly-by. 

For more information about Canadian Forces recruiting, go to www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca.

Congratulations! That will be something to tell the grandkids - sworn in by the CDS. What an honour for all of you and good luck in your military careers!

Yes, certainly exciting and congratulations to all of you who receive the great honor of being a CF member  :salute:

HL

What a start! 8) Being sworn in by the CDS! :salute:

I'm very excited about this and have difficulty to sleep through the night, hehe. Tomorrow, I sign my contract and Saturday morning, off to BFC Montreal and then Ottawa.

Something tells me this is the easy part... :-X

Effort is enthusiasm! Keep it high! :D

Think there's a half dozen SD&Gs going up. Lucky guys, and a gal.
What a way to kick it off. Sure, it isn't the officer's mess or infront of the Regemental Colours, but pretty good  ;).

For the most part a very good ceremony albeit done indoors and with limited seating for the guests.  The rain did little to dampen anyone's spirits and all that I talked to enjoy the whole event.  Definitely have to make a trip back to the War Museum for visit.

kincanucks said:
For the most part a very good ceremony albeit done indoors and with limited seating for the guests.  The rain did little to dampen anyone's spirits and all that I talked to enjoy the whole event.  Definitely have to make a trip back to the War Museum for visit.

100% affirmative. The only thing is that, while waiting for the swearing in in itself, we missed Gen. Hiller's speech. Would have loved to hear him. I'm gonna have this chance in the future. But really, the rest ran very smoothly for the candidates as well as for the guests.

as for myself, even thought we did not hear Gen Hiller speech i founded the concept real fine! even indoors it went quite smoothly and we had time to talk between us candidates( it seemed an appropriate place too to start creating friendship). food was good and the bus ride was comfy has i came from Montreal. Having the chance to hear PM Harper and to see all his body guards running around was cool to 8). Iam not sure its a good thing for me but i have been interviewed by the Army news crew which was quite funny has i had time to talk after to the staff. most important it was a good ceremony for all guess and lucky for me my mom did not cry!!! ha ha and finally i sure hope that the CD they send us has good pictures of it all

alvin__53 said:
we had time to talk between us candidates( it seemed an appropriate place too to start creating friendship).

From Montreal too. A future bud was in my group, same serial at St. Jean, now we just have to be on the same platoon.

Another highlight, CFRG personnel actually has pretty good level of humour!  ;D

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=bbf6eb01-d1cf-458f-ab18-b73ede214bae&k=10568

Hey,very well and simply described kincanucks.Im really glad that I was one of the lucky ones to get sworn in by the PM  :)

Back