• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Spatial Ability Improvment?

howitzer89

Inactive
Reaction score
So before my CFAT I did online IQ tests as well as the United States Military practice tests. I had my recently and I got 3 more questions wrong that I was allowed in
order to be accepted into the job I really wanted. The captain at the recruiting center told me most of the wrong answers came from my Spatial section, 2nd test.

Does anyone here know any tricks or advice on how to get  better at these sorts of questions. I know I can't discuss the test outside of the office but I'm just looking for
tips so when I go to rewrite the test I'll do well.

After doing this test, I learned I really need to start reading more books. Never thought our English language had so many words I've never heard of.

howitzer89 said:
So before my CFAT I did online IQ tests as well as the United States Military practice tests. I had my recently and I got 3 more questions wrong that I was allowed in
order to be accepted into the job I really wanted. The captain at the recruiting center told me most of the wrong answers came from my Spatial section, 2nd test.

Does anyone here know any tricks or advice on how to get  better at these sorts of questions. I know I can't discuss the test outside of the office but I'm just looking for
tips so when I go to rewrite the test I'll do well.

After doing this test, I learned I really need to start reading more books. Never thought our English language had so many words I've never heard of.
Take the CFAT practice tests online. I'm not sure an IQ test is necessarily relevant, and I'm not familiar with the US Military tests so I don't know if they contain the same information.

This might sound silly, and might not work, depending on what you had trouble with as far as spatial recognition, but.... play with legos...

I tutored a few people through an "engineering graphics" course a while back, the problems they were having was with changing 3d drawings into 2d sectional views, and 2d sectional views into 3d drawings... I had them build each of the drawings (They were all just basic drawings, mostly cubes), so they could see the transition from 2d to 3d. It worked for them.

I absolutely agree with Sig Op. I played with lego since I was two years old and all through my childhood. Building with and without instructions. When I did my aptitude test about a month and a half ago i breezed through the spatial ability section with enough time to double check all my answers.

Grab a Rubik's cube and try to solve it...you start to get a feeling for what is on the other side of the cube while you're working it.

Cheers
G2G

thanks a lot guys, the lego idea/ rubics cube sounds like a great idea. When I was doing the test, I knew where some of the parts would match up but I just couldn't put
it together in my head. I didn't know there were practice tests online I'll have to check those out, I only did the one that was given to me in my package but it was no
where close to what the real one was like lol.

I don't mind having to do the test again, It's going to be a great sense of accomplishment if I can manage to get into what I want.

Posted this a while ago. It's a team based game made by the Swedish Armed Forces.

http://team.forsvarsmakten.se/english/

howitzer89....there are plenty of threads regarding drug use...your thread post was binned as it had nothing to do with the topic. now start using the search function (go to the index page and type "drugs" and then tell me you cannot find anything on drugs).

Milnet.Ca Staff

my apologies, however I did type in "drugs" and nothing came up, maybe something is going on with the forums. I'll try again later.

Thank god those posts came in...I had typed and posted a reply to his question only to find when it was posted there was no indication of the post I was replying to!  Glad I'm not going nuts (or on drugs ;))

any chance your bored and wanna pm me with what you said if it's usefull? :nod:

I tried using the search function again and nothing came up. Tried google too and all that came up was " Canadian Forces personal choose weed as a drug choice" sooo
dont think that will help me lol

There's lots of little tricks like counting faces,edges,vertices. Try looking for differences instead of similarities, if all else fails start doing origami.  :nod:

*edit* Huh, were did the drug topic come from? ???

howitzer89 said:
any chance your bored and wanna pm me with what you said if it's usefull? :nod:

I tried using the search function again and nothing came up. Tried google too and all that came up was " Canadian Forces personal choose weed as a drug choice" sooo
dont think that will help me lol

Hows your googlefoo?
In your search bar type"site: army.ca drugs

Nothing? I got "About 148,000,000 results (0.16 seconds) " (That was for "site: army.ca drugs", fix to "site:army.ca drugs" for 1510 results)

a Sig Op said:
Nothing? I got "About 148,000,000 results (0.16 seconds) " (That was for "site: army.ca drugs", fix to "site:army.ca drugs" for 1510 results)
http://tinyurl.com/3kkwehk  -Just incase he didn't believe you.... :nod:

weird, i didn't get the same results as you did, I got a bunch but they wern't related to our military. Thanks

On the topic of the Spatial Ability Testing, I borrowed a few books from my local library. These gave me a variety of spatial practice tests that appear on many aptitude exams. I found that doing a set of similar puzzles or tests allowed me to improve my scores and come up with different ways to look at the problems. My best advice would be to practice these tests until you can easily manipulate 3-d images.

As for the other topic that seems to be coming up... Don't Do Drugs!  :blotto:

Back