• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Something Nice Happened Today :)

tree hugger said:
Congrats!  I'll buy you a keiths at the next M&G!

Sounds like a plan and D Squared has one for me too by the sounds of things ;D looking forward to that!

~Rebecca

Found out that the ceremony and awards is Friday June 8th. Now I know when I'm to attend, got it marked down so I'm looking forward to it :) I have requested the night off, from the Dispatch where I work in the evenings, so I'm crossing my fingers hoping they approve that night off for me as I usually work there the Friday nights of the weekends that I am off.

~Rebecca

proudnurse said:
Found out that the ceremony and awards is Friday June 8th. Now I know when I'm to attend, got it marked down so I'm looking forward to it :) I have requested the night off, from the Dispatch where I work in the evenings, so I'm crossing my fingers hoping they approve that night off for me as I usually work there the Friday nights of the weekends that I am off.

~Rebecca
Not that you need any extra fans in the audience, but if you let me know the time & place and would like an Army.ca representative in attendance, I'd love to be there!
D2

D Squared said:
Not that you need any extra fans in the audience, but if you let me know the time & place and would like an Army.ca representative in attendance, I'd love to be there!
D2

~D~ That is very kind of you to ask :) Thank you! I have not heard back from my other employer yet (I think on Monday I may confirm with them, if I have the night off for it, which I am sure that will happen but have to wait) I need to find out also, how many guests I can have in attendance. I know already, I want my Dad and my daughter there... that is definate. So I will let you know... be wonderful to see you again!

~Rebecca

proudnurse said:
I need to find out also, how many guests I can have in attendance. I know already, I want my Dad and my daughter there... that is definate.

Don't forget Mr. Keith !!!!  ;D

Hi Rebecca
I  finally registered with Army.ca (Didi's been bugging me about it for weeks  ::)
Just wanted to say congratulations, this couldn't happen to a nicer person.  In true Smoker/Pub Night tradition, I will ALSO buy you a Keith's the next time we get together...hopefully soon.
Debbie (Didi's Bodyguard)  ;D

D Squared's Body Guard said:
Hi Rebecca
I  finally registered with Army.ca (Didi's been bugging me about it for weeks  ::)
Just wanted to say congratulations, this couldn't happen to a nicer person.  In true Smoker/Pub Night tradition, I will ALSO buy you a Keith's the next time we get together...hopefully soon.
Debbie (Didi's Bodyguard)  ;D

Hey there!  ;D well, since you all are buying me a round I guess it's only fair that I do the same, next time we all go out. Glad to have you here! Looks like Mr Keith will be joining us for sure.

~Rebecca

Hi Rebecca
I too am a home care worker(P.S.W) ,I agree with your statement that, what we do we do it because we care for our charges.But a little recognition goes along way for your moral on the job. So congratulations and just enjoy your moment in the lime light.
And good luck in your studies........

retd cpl wife said:
Hi Rebecca
I too am a home care worker(P.S.W) ,I agree with your statement that, what we do we do it because we care for our charges.But a little recognition goes along way for your moral on the job. So congratulations and just enjoy your moment in the lime light.
And good luck in your studies........

Thank you and Bless you for your work also :)

~ Rebecca

There I was minding my own business, seated & reading the morning paper, riding the subway at 6:30 AM when this great big neanderthal of a fella comes up to me & pert well blocked out the light.

I figured something was up because he had been looking at me frm a distance and appeared to be building up the courage to do something.

I figured, this is it, my day & weekend were going to be FUBAR!

all of a sudden, this big (hell huge) paw shoots out and grasps my hand, and gives me a great big thank you - loud enough for people 20 feet away to hear.  Before getting off at the next stop.

Whew!!

Never seen this guy before, probably will never see him again; but it's a great way to start the day - once I concluded he wasn't gonna try to pound me :)

AWESOME!
Good for him and thank you from me too  :D
Bonne fin de semaine.

And hey I pulled up to the Timmies Drive thru window this morning to find out the lady in front of me had paid for my coffee...and I am NOT even in uniform!!  :D

That's the only good thing that's happened to me so far today though... :(

geo said:
There I was minding my own business, seated & reading the morning paper, riding the subway at 6:30 AM when this great big neanderthal of a fella comes up to me & pert well blocked out the light.

I figured something was up because he had been looking at me frm a distance and appeared to be building up the courage to do something.

I figured, this is it, my day & weekend were going to be FUBAR!

all of a sudden, this big (hell huge) paw shoots out and grasps my hand, and gives me a great big thank you - loud enough for people 20 feet away to hear.  Before getting off at the next stop.

Whew!!

Never seen this guy before, probably will never see him again; but it's a great way to start the day - once I concluded he wasn't gonna try to pound me :)

What?!?!?!? Did he say why? Were you in your civies?

AJ...
No explanations - "Thank you for what you're doing for us" - that's it, that's all

I always travel to the puzzle palace in my work clothes (cadpat)

Vern :) Nice to hear that someone was thinking of you and got you a coffee.... and don't worry the day is not over yet. Something else nice might happen to you again also (though I can't think of much that would top getting my first coffee of the day, on someone else without expecting it!) Geo, glad to hear someone made your day too.... I sat here and put myself in the situation where it would be me sitting there instead of you, and yes a big hand coming out of nowhere may make me think the same thing too at first.... glad it was a handshake instead!

Oh, and here is a quick chance for me to update on what is happening for the ceremony. Turns out it is actually Thurs June 7th and not Fri Jun 8th, though I was still able to get the night off work :) my client will be coming also, and tomorrow morning I am going to go out with her because she wants to pick out a new outfit to wear that night. That is one thing that we enjoy together from time to time, is going shopping... that should be fun.

The award itself is for Staff Recognition. It is called "Miller Memorial Award" I got the letter in the mail recently, outlining date... time... and place. So not much longer now, until our night out for ceremony and dinner.

~Rebecca

Well, home from the event now. It was a great evening out, and I think what made me happiest about the ceremony, was that my client actually attended also. When I first met her, 2 yrs ago she had no interest in getting out even to get the mail. It's wonderful to have seen her gain some independance, and get out and enjoy herself with a smile on her face and relax. If it were not for her also, I wouldn't have had the honour of enjoying this fine evening. They had a silent auction also, yes we did try and win but with no luck  ;D still fun though.

Thanks for all of your wishes and support everyone,

~Rebecca

Glad you had a good time Rebecca & congratulations again, you are so deserving.  There's still an Alexander Keith's waiting for you  :D

Congrats PN.  Always nice to get recognised for a job well done.  BZ.

Hey D 2, if you're handing out beers, I do windows>>> ;D

Back