• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Something Nice Happened Today :)

proudnurse

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to take some time to share a bit of news. Well, other than classes I have decided to hang in there, and keep my part time job doing homecare while I complete my upgrading courses toward applying for the Nursing program (I am a Health Care Aid right now) . I almost thought that I would have to give that up for a little while, since the class I am taking now for Bio/Chem starts earlier, in the same time frame that I usually work at homecare. Instead I have been going a little later in the day, late morning/early afternoon... to work my shift. And my client is satisfied with that... she is just glad that I can still come for her for the time being.

Well, I have been working with one particular client for almost 2 years now. Today when I was working, she asked me if I would sit down because she wanted to talk to me. She said "Well, I don't know if you are going to like what I did, but I nomiated you for an award." Through the agency I work at, we have an awards ceremony yearly... clients can nomiate their caregiver and vice versa. I thanked her for what she had done, but at the same time I had been thinking, that she did not really have to do this. I mean, as a caregiver sometimes you go above and beyond your daily routine ie: Helping them with thier shopping, or going for a walk with them. Sometimes even accompanying them for Hospital and Doctors visits, but you do not truly do that for an award (of course I didn't say that, but I did think about it). I am still feeling so honoured that someone would think of me that way. I guess in a couple weeks, we will attend the ceremony together and they have a dinner and so forth too. I have never been to anything like this before, so yes I do feel very, very excited! I did thank her from the bottom of my heart today. And I feel so very blessed right now that someone would think of me in this way. I'll keep up the good work! And my life feels very touched, by someones thoughts and feelings.

~Rebecca

Well done.  The world needs more people like you in it.  :salute:

We were also going to nominate you for an award after the Toronto Smoker  >:D

Since there were no pictures to substantiate the claim, it was denied  ;D

Way to go, Rebecca!!
luna.gif

Rebecca,

Congrats!

Journeyman said:
We were also going to nominate you for an award after the Toronto Smoker  >:D

Since there were no pictures to substantiate the claim, it was denied   ;D

Roger that!

S6

Thanks for taking the time to wish me Congrat's everyone... I'm not sure exactly when the awards reception/dinner is yet but I think it's sometime in the next few weeks. I'll let you all know how it goes and what the night was like  :)

~Rebecca

Hey Rebecca, sorry I didn't congratulate you sooner, I just caught the thread...
I am not at all surprised you're getting this award.  And I do have that Alexander Keiths chilling for you  ;D
Well done.
D2

Rebecca,

That's pretty cool. I spent time managing a house with six adult down's syndrome people as their primary caregiver. And, although you don't do it for the "awards" it sure feels good to know your client thinks that much of you. Good job and good news.

Timothy

Back