• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some pilot related questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SupersonicMax said:
No Vmc per say, but AoA. 10 to 12 degrees depending on flaps config with full A/B.  It equates to about 8-10 knots slower than without using A/B. (15 to 17 degrees without AB).  With a heavy jet, it's quite significant.

I invite you to Bagotville for a demonstration anytime you want.

Yaw rate with Max/Idle split, not sure.  Less than 40 degrees per second is really all I can really tell you. It takes quite a bit of rudder to counter.  I'd have to take a look at the data from our tapes...

Had the demo already from Bob "Bobby" Wade, when I was doing OJT with 409, but thanks for the offer - perhaps when you pick up another 5,000 or 6,000 hours you might be able to show me something more than Bob could...ask around the squadron if you don't recognize Bob's name.  Also feel free to ask who at the squadron has done a High-Alpha flat 360...the list may be rather short, I suspect. 

Anyway, re: VMC - it was a leading question.  Perhaps you might personally not consider the Hornet to be centerline thrust, but if you apply for a Military Competency Equivalency to the FAA, it considers the F/A-18 to be centreline thrust, and your pilot certificate will be provided a multiengine rating, but it will be restricted as "Limited to Center Thrust."  (ref: FAA FSIM, 8900.1 Vol. 5, Ch. 1, Section 4, Art. 5-88.E.1)

E. Limited-to-Center Thrust Limitation.

1) The military aircraft listed below have no VMC established by the manufacturer. Other military multiengine airplanes may exist now or in the future for which there is no published data on VMC. Military pilots who can only show qualification in those kinds of multiengine airplanes may only be issued a multiengine airplane rating with the limitation “Limited-to-Center Thrust.”

a) T-2B/C Rockwell Buckeye.
b) T-37 Cessna 318.
c) T-38 Northrop Talon.
d) F-4 McDonnell-Douglas Phantom.
e) F-111 General Dynamics F-111.
f) F-18 Northrop-McDonnell-Douglas Hornet.
g) A6-E Grumman American Intruder.
h) A-10 Fairchild Republic Thunderbolt II.
i) F-15 McDonnell-Douglas Eagle.
j) F-14 Grumman F-14.
k) F-117 Lockheed Stealth.
l) F-22Boeing/McDonnellF-22.

Regards
G2G

Luckily I am Canadian and TC recognizes the Hornet to be a true group 1 Multi-Engine aircraft. 

My offer was a real offer, not something to pretend I know better than anyone, if I came across that way.

SupersonicMax said:
Luckily I am Canadian and TC recognizes the Hornet to be a true group 1 Multi-Engine aircraft. 

My offer was a real offer, not something to pretend I know better than anyone, if I came across that way.

G2G, take him up on it! Then take him out in a helo and teach him what foot pedals are really for!  :D

I am purposely posting what I am thinking and then deleting my comments.

If you don't account for Vmca or Vmcg, you really don't get the whole picture - IMO.

I am in the process of getting Pilot job, passed apt test, med, sec clearance, but I have some kind of general question -

- what is the different between Selection, Offer and Enrolment.
step 07: Selection, offer and Enrolment. (Application procedure)

As I said, I had gone far with my recruitment for Pilot position, but why I asked the question above is because of the way the topic was explained in the CF application guide and what I have experienced so far. If anybody remember the application form part M : conditional offer of Enrolment. I had accepted this and signed, please guys by accepting the conditional offer and signed, what did this implies.

step 07:part of it read  ... Regular Force Applicants: If you are selected. you will receive a job offer that will allow you to enroll in the CF. Even if you have been found suitable for enrolment, you may have a waiting period before you are hired... So if that is the case, does it mean I should expect job offer?

Note, I understand as a pilot candidate, I need to attend ASC, but my recruiter advised that I chose 2nd choice and that incase I did not pass ASC. He said I am very ok with the 2nd choice, I think he meant to say no ASC require and I have meet all the officer position requirement for CF.

Your contribution will be appreciated a lot. I will equally appreciate if the answer are both general and address my situation as I explain above. Thanks guys

Would it help that I already have a private pilots license? Does this help my chances of being accepted?

jadoiron said:
Would it help that I already have a private pilots license? Does this help my chances of being accepted?

As I replied to an earlier post of yours: "Please use the Search Function and do a little research. All of your questions have likely been asked before, and answered in greater detail. You may also find answers to questions that you don't even have yet."

If you can neither follow simple direction nor do your own homework, even an ATPL isn't going to help you much.

Maybe if the search engine wasn't programmed by chimps, people would have better luck using it.

Well at least I know that if my competition is made up of backwards, helpless people such as yourself, I'll have no problem getting in.

Your poor attempts at insulting me is actually quite comforting and I thank you.

jadoiron said:
Well at least I know that if my competition is made up of backwards, helpless people such as yourself, I'll have no problem getting in.

:rofl:

Now where did we put that silver spoon....oh, it being used with yet another entitled recruit?....oh, ok then.......... ::)

I had a good rant going on, but for the sake of everyone else I'll just ask "where's the popcorn?"  ;)

jadoiron said:

From a current pilot, I can tell you to go in your corner and ziplip.  Use the search function or browse the forums.  Either way, your questions have been answered. 

Lose the ego...

jadoiron said:
Maybe if the search engine wasn't programmed by chimps, people would have better luck using it.
Ahhhh, it's "easy" you seek.  Well then, try this.

jadoiron said:
Your poor attempts at insulting me is actually quite comforting and I thank you.
Glad to be able to comfort you, my friend.

SupersonicMax said:
From a current pilot .... Lose the ego...
And THIS from a pilot!  I kid, I kid....

Jadoiron:  More read+less post+less attitude=(possibly) better outcome.

We're done here.

Milnet.ca Staff

jadoiron said:
"Use the search function."

And I'M the lazy one...

Apparently, yes.

You expect other people to do things for you that you can and should do yourself. I could add another couple of descriptors to that one.

Your "competition" is quite likely far more willing to do the work necessary to be selected and successfully complete the Pilot training programme.

Some of the Pilots on this site have instructed, are instructing, or will instruct on various flying courses. All of us have successfully achieved our Wings. We, and those here currently in the mill, can attest to how much work it takes. If you cannot motivate your butt to do a little simple Site research, if you cannot spend a few minutes to benefit yourself, you will not get far in the CF or the Pilot training programme.

I've seen students fail for academics. There is no excuse for that, as the base reason is laziness. I've seen students kicked out of briefing rooms because they did not put in even the minimum effort to prepare themselves for a flight, and had that flight cancelled. A student would be lucky indeed to survive two such incidents.

Others here have been or are Recruiters.

If you think that we're being unkind to you here, you're in for a real shock later, Princess.

Correct your attitude, or give up any hope of making it in, or any distance into your training if you do.

Or be a source of entertainment for said Recruiters and Instructors, all of whom will have your future in their hands.

Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back