• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some people need to be shot

Spray paint on old wood hand crafted doors..  need special restoration

Spray paint doesn't scrub off brick, especially old and decorative brick walls.

Some doors, yes, can be painted seeing they hit a few new ones.  The stain
glass...  yeah..  lets not talk about that.  :(

Ah man Padre, I am really sorry to hear about this. Too many people have no respect for anything these days.

I've never understood vandalism and I never will. I can only hope that they will be caught.

Best of wishes on restoring the church, I too know how hard it is to clean up a vandal's work.

Truly sorry to hear you have to go thru this.  Does put into perspective how other people have no respect for..other people.  Sad.

Why couldn't they paint an old barn or something?  Sigh.  People and their stupidity and thoughtlessness.  We (read people) really need to get a grip here.  Well, fools like that, and the ones that vandalize Legion's, graves, mosques all that crap.  Get a grip.  I hope they drive pimped out Honda's or something and someone messes their car's up...payback can be sweet...'specially if it just happens.  "What goes around comes around".

Throat-punches for the guilty little bas****s  :threat:

If they are caught and sentenced to "community service" then 2-300 hours with a scrub brush removing every bit of graffiti in a three block area would do wonders. At least they would know about property rights after they were done.

"Of course, this is not to say that the pukes responsible shouldn't get what's coming to them...but still...shouldn't a church of all places forgive them for their sins?"

- By all means forgive - but forgiveness exists in the moral plain.  It may be enabled AFTER the legal (charges) and commercial (damage to Church corporate property) aspects have been settled.

Well TCBF... 

That would be 6 churches that would need to forgive them for their sin.

Cause they hit 6 churches.

Now.. on forgiveness... Forgiveness isn't for the person who sinned up as much
as it is the person (i.e. you) who were wronged.  It's so you can move on with your life
instead of dwelling constantly on the past. 

Everyone automatically assumes it's a free pardon for the person who commits the crime.
That person (sinner)  receives forgiveness upon acknowledging what they have done is wrong, and
in some cases stepping to the plate and taking responsibility.

TCBF said:
"Of course, this is not to say that the pukes responsible shouldn't get what's coming to them...but still...shouldn't a church of all places forgive them for their sins?"

- By all means forgive - but forgiveness exists in the moral plain.  It may be enabled AFTER the legal (charges) and commercial (damage to Church corporate property) aspects have been settled.

Do you think god would agree with you, brother/sister Hesachia??????

Sorry to hear about the news Padre. There will always be vandals. Some years back, my sister's grave marker was vandalised in Saskatoon's Forest Lawn Cemetery (a child's plot at that). It was one of hundreds attacked in one nights 'work'.

My Dad was disgusted beyond belief! As far as I know, no one was caught over it either.

It would be great if the hethans were caught, and forced to clean that and other vandalism around your city, but there is too many do-gooders who would be offended to see kids perform such activities.

We have become our own worst enemies in many ways.

Cheers,

Wes

ugh..

Don't let me post any theology past midnight.

What I typed is technically correct but hard to follow.
Anyone who is interested in it, please PM me and I'll
be happy to explain if you don't understand.

Back