• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier On Grant Program - now $750

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
The Soldier On Grant Program has a fresh influx of money meaning you can apply for their Grant Program again. The down side is that this year the grant has dropped from $1000 to $750, likely due to funding or the increase demand, or both.

If you're a serving member or Veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while serving, and you could use $750 towards sports equipment, you should consider applying. That $750 may drop even further next year.

Applying is quick and easy.
Step 1: If you haven’t already, it’s easy – register with Soldier On.
Step 2: Before you can apply, please read the applicant guide to the Soldier On grant application.
Step 3: Once you are ready to apply, please contact your Soldier On regional coordinator in order to receive the grant application.

Some items that are covered:
  • bicycles
  • kayaks
  • golf equipment
  • fishing gear
  • archery equipment
  • ski/snowboard packages
  • Membership fees such as gym membership, season pass, or golf
    membership.

The Soldier On Grant Program has a fresh influx of money meaning you can apply for their Grant Program again. The down side is that this year the grant has dropped from $1000 to $750, likely due to funding or the increase demand, or both.

If you're a serving member or Veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces who acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while serving, and you could use $750 towards sports equipment, you should consider applying. That $750 may drop even further next year.

Step 2: Before you can apply, please read the applicant guide to the Soldier On grant application.
Step 3: Once you are ready to apply, please contact your Soldier On regional coordinator in order to receive the grant application.

• bicycles
  • kayaks
  • golf equipment
  • fishing gear
  • archery equipment
  • ski/snowboard packages
    membership.

I assume the amount is dropping because people are 'getting better'?

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

I assume the amount is dropping because people are 'getting better'?

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad
I think it's because of the demand outstrips the funding available.

The eligibility requirements is really broad; last time I looked I would qualify for a grant due to tinnitus. Personnally wouldn't apply because I figure that's not really in the spirit of the thing, and this is a charity vice the GOC providing the grants. Probably a good thing, as they don't really want to be screening people, but I'm positive there are people treating this as 'free money'.

• bicycles
  • kayaks
  • golf equipment
  • fishing gear
  • archery equipment
  • ski/snowboard packages
    membership.
Funding opportunities drop for the member/Veteran and yet the funding for external entities like TPL keeps rolling in the millions. The big corporate sports weeks are ok but do little to promote and enhance the actual programs that are doing the hard work.

last time I looked I would qualify for a grant due to tinnitus.
You would, yes.

I'd look at it like this. Some people with tinnitus don't like leaving the house because they can't hear conversations and are constantly asking people to repeat themselves. It may not be an over night thing but over time someone may shut themselves in more and more. If the Soldier On Grant is enough to get someone out and moving on a bike, paddle board, or kayak, then mission accomplished.

You would, yes.

I'd look at it like this. Some people with tinnitus don't like leaving the house because they can't hear conversations and are constantly asking people to repeat themselves. It may not be an over night thing but over time someone may shut themselves in more and more. If the Soldier On Grant is enough to get someone out and moving on a bike, paddle board, or kayak, then mission accomplished.
For sure, definitely a case by case basis, and I think it's great that there is so much uptake on this program.

Really was just specific to me, but just didn't feel like I personnally was really the intended target for the program. Think Soldier on does a lot of great work so if funds are limited would to take a pass and give someone that needs it more the chance for a grant.

Agreed.

As a charitable organisation, we chose to make our annual donations to Soldier On, one year.
This way, our dollars go further to directly assist improving the lives of other veterans.

Back