• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So? What is the Story with the shortage of Hatbadges?

X Royal said:
Michael: Correct me if I'm wrong but not including the changes up to the 1920's the more recent changes represent the same crown just different versions of it as produced be us.

In the 1920s, two different crown patterns were brought into use on badges for The RCR.  The patterns are distinctive enough that they are not really different versions of the same crown.  One style is much closer to the pattern of crown used in the Victoria era (and is back in use today after disappearing for a while in the late 70s to about 2000; shown below as "type 1"), while the other is much closer to that used since 1953 (shown below as "type 2"). 

crown_stedwards1.jpg

1927 "type 1"
crown_stedwards4.jpg

1927 "type 2"
crown_queens2.jpg

So when can we expect new cap badges in the stores system? Is DND trying to find a new supplier or the contract just ran out and everyone for got to renew it? Not that I need one but I see a lot of people wearing the cap badge from CFLRS because there are none in our stores.

nick2k said:
.................. Not that I need one but I see a lot of people wearing the cap badge from CFLRS because there are none in our stores.

Just because these pers may not be at CFLRS, does not mean that they no longer wear the "Cornflake".  Many Trades and Units do not award their Trade badge or Unit Badge until their candidates successfully pass their Trades Trg.

Back