• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Smoky Herc?

tango22a

Inactive
Reaction score
Saw a Herk coasting arond Goderich earlier today with the rear ramp lowered....Just wondered what was happenin'?

tango22a

MM:

Could be, but I haven't heard about a search.... Unless they are searching for a body lost near Kincardine last week.

tango22a

Probably a 424 Sqn crew out training - Goderich is easily within striking distance of Trenton.  It would have been some sort of SAR profile.

Having spent a bit of OJT with 424 as well as frequenting the airspace around London, I can confirm that they go down there (Goderich, Tillsonburg, etc) fairly often. Seems to be the most likely culprit.

Edit: for spelling

Or the FE had chili for lunch and the pilot was venting the aircraft of noxious fumes.  ;D

benny88 said:
Having spent a bit of OJT with 424 as well as frequenting the airspace around London, I can confirm that they go down there (Goderich, Tillsonburg, etc) fairly often. Seems to be the most likely culprit.

Edit: for spelling

t22A,

Guess you'll have to quit gazing into your navel and look up once in awhile ;D

Any nude or topless beaches nearby?  Sometimes the SAR bird has to train at the lower altitudes to ensure there's no swimmers in trouble~~~ 8)

Gee, thanks (I think ??):

Dave:  Since I picked all the lint out a few months ago, I haven't been navel-gazing recently!!!

Canadian Aviator: Sarcasm has its place.

Thanks again to all who cared to answer. I was just attempting to find out what brought a Herc to this area.

Cheers,

tango22a

fireman1867 said:
No only for the Aurora  :nod:

LOL...want to see my logbook for the year so far ? Might make you change your impression........

The Herc seemed to be doing race track orbits around Goderich International Airport.

Four smoke trails and motion DOES attract sight line. Possibly the Herc was shooting touch-and-goes??

tango22a

tango22a said:
The Herc seemed to be doing race track orbits around Goderich International Airport.

Four smoke trails and motion DOES attract sight line. Possibly the Herc was shooting touch-and-goes??

tango22a

Doubt he was doing Touch-and-Goes with his ramp down.

CDN Aviator said:
LOL...want to see my logbook for the year so far ? Might make you change your impression........

You can't fool us; not every year is an Olympic Year ...  >:D

"smokey" means it's a "Legacy" model...and they do that~~~

If he was doing orbits with his ramp down - he was setting up for live para.

Back