• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Smaller cars.

ya I never listen to the car magazines or TV programs such as car and driver or driving TV etc. I always find it kind of amusing when they say every car they test is amazing and WOW! and I have heard the term best bang for your buck about like 5 diffrent cars from the same program.

You would be hard pressed to find an auto show where the host said

"boy this car really sucks, cheap material, lousy driving position, tinny feel and I'm sure it is not worth the price. If you buy this thing you are being taken"

To the individual who stated that Mazda's were built on a ford platform, recheck your facts. Ford does have majority ownership of Mazda ( as well as Volvo and others) and uses the "Japanese and European" technology in Ford domestic products. For example; the Ranger is a Mazda B series (not Vice versa) Mazda components do find there way into ford products, strangely some F150 trucks have Mazda transmissions, I don't think Mazda uses Ford Parts. It all comes down to R&D cost cutting, hence the reason for the acquisitions.

thats interesting since when you pop the hood on a Mazda B series these days all you see is ford badges... B Series and the Ranger are using tried and tested Ford technology, also the Ford Explorer and Mazda Navajo are the same vehicle again using the same technology across all 4 vehicles... you are right though as far as cars, but the trucks are ford engineered, and the cars are Mazda engineered, so the ford focus is acutally a mazda car... but listening to a lot of people, the focus is less reliable cause it has "Ford" on it... though they all share technology and ususally go with the best across all platforms

My 2000 Ford F150 has the 4r70w tranny that is all ford, and thats the only option for that generation, and my Explorer had a A4LD which was most definitly a ford (bad) tranny, that was upgraded to the current 5RR5E which is a ford redesign of the A4LD which is much stronger and more reliable and more fuel efficient due to thrustwashers being replaced with needle point bearings throughout the design

also the Ford Festiva is rebadged the Kia pride in europe as KIA never closed the factory that pumps out festivas that were Mazda designed... still low on the good car list by those that never drove them =)

most Hondas and Toyotas for Sale in NA are made in NA, while domestics are made elsewhere.

All Domestic Car companies own a large share of the EU companies and freely borrow technology from eachother, the gap in quality these days is a lot smaller than you'd think...

Just Food for thought.

c_canuk said:
thats interesting since when you pop the hood on a Mazda B series these days all you see is ford badges... B Series and the Ranger are using tried and tested Ford technology

I stand corrected, The North American market Mazda B series are indeed ford based.  Fords aquisition of Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Aston Martin translates into using existing technologies to build (borrow) from established production lines, domestic fords. The grey area exists as to who's car is it, when they marry up chassis, engines, transmissions etc.
The sad part is the N American big three have gone this way because the cannot compete with imports. Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors were and are in a hurting way.
Should we be sympathetic? I don't think so. there is no cutting edge technology comming out of Detroit. They simply duplicate from other markets. (alternative energy, ABS, crumple zones, etc)
For too long the Big Three turned a blind eye to customer satisfaction. They turned out overweight low tech gas pigs, and refused to stand behind them. Factories kept turning out cars and then have fire sales, no intrest financing, rebates etc.  to motivate customers. Try getting that on a Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Volkswagen, BMW...........you get the point
Until they (N Amer.) change their ways I will buy a quality import. Is it a knife in the back of Canadian UAW  and local economy? Possibly, but if my town had a clock maker the turned out peices that always had to be returned due to defects I would not feel bad if the shop closed and took with it the people it employed. Why continue to support poor quality and in essence pay people handsomely to provide sub standard products....................

40 years old and still living in your mothers basement

Consider it

Scarf Face said:
Your mother borrowing your moped to pick up her date.
Consider it.

and not filling the tank...Consider It.
(Gotta love running gags)

Horses are efficient and will double as your date.

Consider it.

Here's yet another car featured on the popular show "Top Gear" which can lay claim to being the world's smallest, drivable car. Hehehe.  ;D

Watch and stay tuned for the part where he drives the car around in the office:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1884633

Back