• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Slip-on Language

What does YOUR slip-on say?

• Total voters

Sig_Des

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering, how many people have TRANSMISSION slip-ons. Does it matter to your units? I just went to clothing stores, and asked for some new slip-ons, and they asked me if I wanted English or French. I decided, "What the hell" and went with French, and they didn't question me (I have a French last name).

Now I know people in my unit who want the french slip-ons, but have been told they can't have them, and I've known English guys who have the French slip-on.

Stupid thread, maybe, but I'm curious

I think it's just cause you're from an Ottawa unit, and you guys are bilingual and all that jazz. Everyone else outside of Quebec usually seems to have the English slip-ons.

As a young private, I wore a WLI shoulder badge on work dress just to see who would notice, instead of my CH.  I think people become blind to stuff like that rather quickly. Don't think I was ballsy enough to wear it on parade.  I still remember an old protestor by City Hall one day grabbing me and looking at my shoulder titles.  He had actually been in the WLI -and I wasn't wearing it that day, but he recognized the shape.

shoulwli2.jpg

shoulch_small.jpg

Winnipeg Light Infantry

More information on Mr. Dorosh's website

http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/traditions/distinctions.htm

(I was just reading this 30 seconds ago by coincidence)

Back