• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

sleeping...?

Torlyn said:
We used to hold off on ours until 730.  Much more civilized...  :)

What, and interfere with OOW maneuvers during breakfast?  :)

Occam said:
What, and interfere with OOW maneuvers during breakfast?  :)

At least there is breakfast is at 0730, and not 0630 like on Yank American warships. They love their extra early wakey wakey. Then again, as a subbie, I won't really have a concept of morning/evening/night will I?  :boring:

SeaKingTacco said:
And why, after the all night EMATTEX, do engineering drills need to be piped on the main broadcast at 0530?  Can the siren call of "Steering Gear Breakdown, Steering Gear Breakdown" not just be yelled in the MCR, since, by definition, it is a drill?  Or do I need to "practice" waking up?

I always kind of enjoyed the feeling of thinking, "Yay!  I get to ignore that one,"  and go back to sleep ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

Pusser said:
I always kind of enjoyed the feeling of thinking, "Yay!  I get to ignore that one,"  and go back to sleep ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

I got the same feeling when hearing "Rescue Stations, Rescue Stations, Man overboard..."......zzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Kinda twisted when you think about it...

Halifax Tar said:
I wonder if the officer of the watch every knows how much they can piss off the galley and the crew when they do unscheduled OOWMs with out informing the galley who then watches the nights supper end up sculling about the galley...I watched this all go on the Toronto not too long ago! I have never seen a more mad P1 cook in my life! Delayed the feeding of the crew by 2 hours while cooks rushed to put together another meal lol

I gotta say though nothing is stopping the Quartermaster on the bridge from having a bit of initiative and picking up the phone, calling the galley and informing them when they see an OOWMANs or similar type serial beginning.

Wheras there is something stopping the OOW from doing it, the responsibility of driving 5000tons of warship in very close proximity to other 5000ton warships amongst RADHAZ, other contacts, navigation safety, constant reports to command, etc etc.

OOWs, particuarly junior ones, are often under the pump with ALOT of important things taking thier attention, whilst a courtesy call below is a nice touch, it falls very very low on the list of priorities. As annoying as those serials are for the crew, I assure you for the trainee in the middle of the bridge with his rear enbd hanging out it is a million times worse.

Gotta ask why the pots and pans were not secured for sea in any case  :p

Good point cobbler.

cobbler said:

Now your just  :stirpot: *grin*

cobbler said:

How exactly does one secure a pot of soup for sea?

cobbler said:

lol It wasn't pots and pans it was pizzas that were caused to slide right out of their SECURE trays and racks all over the deck...

Remember when you don't take that 1 min to keep the lowers deckers informed we (CPOs and below) are the ones who will make or brake you for promotions and career aspirations... I have known more than one officer who's Nelson complex has been quickly torpedoed by the "commoners" below decks!

I also know that particular OOW was quickly visited to ensure that in the future when he decides to play silly buggers in an empty ocean that he inform the crew before hand.

Pusser said:

This is even more fun when your cabin-mate is the baby Engineering Officer by the way. :)

Sorry mate's.  :salute:
Re: Reply 35
That was directed to:
thewildandelusivebacon
Regard: Gun Owner's
The wild and all the rest
Awaiting pvt pm.
Will clarify then. Or Email.
Scoty B

Annoying pipe to hear during work ups while you are sleeping: "Emergency Stations, Emergency Stations! Man Ov..... [pause for thought].... Rescue Stations, Rescue Stations! Man Overboard!"

... damn bosn's mates under training... :brickwall:

Back