• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Size 15 feet

SandwichBoy

Inactive
Reaction score
So I am going to CFLRS in a few weeks and was wondering if my big feet are going to be a problem for me.
Other people in the military have told me that the boot situation was "iffy" to quote them directly.

I wear size 15 (US) right now.

There is a mechanism for supply to provide non-standard sizes. If you're feet don't fit the current stock, a solution will be found.

However, when you go out on winter exercises, I am not sure they can find appropriate size snowshoes for you  ;D

SandwichBoy said:
Cool, so just shipped in instead of picked up at the stores(?).

Thanks

The process varies from location to location, so it's difficult to fully answer that question. Except to say that generally, there is a local provider selected that the member is directed to. Purchase is made within a certain price limitation, and either the member is reimbursed, or a bill is sent to Base Supply.

Oh, and you do not require a Medical Chit!

Side note: I remember when I was the clinic WO in Shilo, clothing stores sent this guy with size 14 feet to me for a medical chit. I sent it back annotated "Big feet is not a medical condition." That was the last time they did that.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
However, when you go out on winter exercises, I am not sure they can find appropriate size snowshoes for you  ;D

As size 15 he already HAS snowshoes!

I'll just mention that you might or might not get actual boots when you go through CFLRS. A friend of mine that went through with me (in '08 mind you) was issued a weird wrap around boot "thing" until they could get boots ordered in for him.

On our last week of course a custom set of Magnum boots arrived for him.

Yeah, I basically wear skis 24h/365 days.
Is there anything I can do before I head out to CFLRS about this? Mention it to my CFRC?

Lerch said:
I'll just mention that you might or might not get actual boots when you go through CFLRS. A friend of mine that went through with me (in '08 mind you) was issued a weird wrap around boot "thing" until they could get boots ordered in for him.

That doesn't sound promising...

Back