• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Site problem? (or my browsers?)

Just reference this thread, it'll have all the information he needs to fix it.

Crap, after reading the new entries to that other thread, I know why you're going after the language settings now.  When it first happened with me, Mike did the fix himself, but obviously it's something that the user can do themselves now.

Smity199, try this link to change your language:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=account;u=35776

Smity, does it happen every time, or just sometimes? If you're able to capture a screenshot that might tell the tale quickly for us...

Thanks
Mike

I have the same problem, missing/jumbled links for thread options and navigation...

Same problem Smitty posted pics for... Here's my screen shot... The message submit/preview buttons here are gone too (use alt+S)...

The nav-link on the upper-right corner of the thread body is similar or almost gone...

Only happened after the "administered vacation"...

screenshot_ArmydotCA.jpg

???

George, I have the same problem when typing a post and it goes beyong the size of the box.  Not only here, but on every forums I frequent.  I have this problem ever since I installed IE8.  I am on Vista.

CDN Aviator said:
Is that over already ?

Is that all you can add to this topic...?

SuperSonicMax - I just installed IE8 aswell, but onto XP-pro... Hmmm...?

Try compatibility mode.

Also make sure that you have all the updates for VISTA too......

SupersonicMax said:
George, I have the same problem when typing a post and it goes beyong the size of the box.  Not only here, but on every forums I frequent.  I have this problem ever since I installed IE8.  I am on Vista.

Mike Bobbitt said:
There is a known problem with IE8, it has to be run in Compabitility Mode for the time being. I've identified the offending piece of software on our end and reported it to the vendor, so it should be fixed "some time".

Thanks to all who reported it.

Cheers
Mike

here you go Fellas, mentioned earlier.

j0hn_r1 said:
I have the same problem, missing/jumbled links for thread options and navigation...

Only happened after the "administered vacation"...

CDN Aviator said:
Is that over already ?

j0hn_r1 said:
Is that all you can add to this topic...?

SuperSonicMax - I just installed IE8 aswell, but onto XP-pro... Hmmm...?

So let me get this straight.  It is okay for you to take a jab at the site, but you feel offended when someone comments on it?

Princess, you gotta grow some thicker skin, if you ever want to serve our nation.

dileas

tess

Something definitely odd is happening then. I'm using IE8 with compatibility mode off and the site renders just fine. Do you have any ad blockers or anything similar installed? Are you behind a firewall that blocks things like javascript?

Update: I just sent myself on an administered vacation (short version) and still didn't see the problem. I did get a nice tan though.

Thank you for the insight & quote.

But I notice Mike Bobbitts' quote is from Apr 24, over 3 months ago. No fix yet...? Where do I find "Compatability Mode"...?

And I didn't take a jab at the site, I chose to use a less erroneous title for my ban. Whats with the animosity anyway..?

Thanks again for your concern. But I'm sure I'll do just fine, given the chance...

John  ;)

John, Compatibility Mode isn't required any more. Shouldn't hurt to have it on, but it's not needed. (I say that, but am not a daily user of IE8 so there may be other issues I haven't seen...)

Should have something like my screen shot. Click on the broken paper symbol

j0hn_r1 said:
Thank you for the insight & quote.

But I notice Mike Bobbitts' quote is from Apr 24, over 3 months ago. No fix yet...? Where do I find "Compatability Mode"...?

And I didn't take a jab at the site, I chose to use a less erroneous title for my ban. Whats with the animosity anyway..?

Thanks again for your concern. But I'm sure I'll do just fine, given the chance...

John  ;)

Animosity?

I don't like it when people talk from the side of their mouths, and feel the need to make a presence and be seen.

BTW, use Firefox.  Less hassle.

There, you see, I even offered advice.  And it was less than three months old. 

dileas

tess

j0hn_r1 said:
But I notice Mike Bobbitts' quote is from Apr 24, over 3 months ago. No fix yet...?

Mike has a life other than running this site.

Feel free to start your own Canadian military oriented website if this one is unsatisfactory. Heck, i'll even become a member.

Thanx. But I turned it (the broken-page) on and its still the same here...?  :-\

This is the only site I've had problems on at all lately (slow loading & kept getting a script warning from Windows, but not this until now), and I did just install IE8 yesterday.

??? Bizarre...

* I don't like it when people feel the need to jump on the latest lynch-mob bandwagon puttin their :2c: in...

And I'm fine with IE & I know about FireFox, thanx... I goin back to IE7 anyway...
  :-\

j0hn_r1 said:
Thanx. But I turned it (the broken-page) on and its still the same here...?  :-\

This is the only site I've had problems on at all lately (slow loading & kept getting a script warning from Windows, but not this until now), and I did just install IE8 yesterday.

??? Bizarre...

* I don't like it when people feel the need to jump on the latest lynch-mob bandwagon puttin their :2c: in...

And I'm fine with IE & I know about FireFox, thanx... I goin back to IE7 anyway...
  :-\

Don't act like an ass, and you won't attract attention of the adults.

Look at that, two pieces of advice that are less than 3 months old.

You are one wee lucky duck tonight, John.

dileas

tess

Back