• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sikh & India (Alleged) Shenanigans in Canada (split fm Non-Muslim terr thread)

Holy shit. A newly unsealed criminal indictment in the United States alleges multiple additional Indian government sanctioned murder plots in both the US and Canada (3). An orchestrator in the US hired what he thought was a contract killer to this end, but ended up with a DEA undercover instead.

EDIT TO ADD: The indictment document https://www.justice.gov/d9/2023-11/u.s._v._gupta_indictment.pdf
I briefly read this and was not surprised in the least. I actually thought that more nations do more of this than is let on.

Certainly puts a different light on this whole debacle and how it’s been tackled.

Or maybe Trudeau was encourage to speak out to see what rats went scurrying when the lights went on...
I mean we can puppeteer too ;)
You're assuming this government has the smarts to operate honestly and openly with our intelligence agencies without angling for a PR score.

Or maybe Trudeau was encourage to speak out to see what rats went scurrying when the lights went on...
I mean we can puppeteer too ;)
Of course the US can, remember that whole Huawei incident they forced Canada into?

India has proven to be a potentially dangerous force to the West, they have nationalistic goals which they don’t care about who they harm to accomplish them. Letting them buy Canadian companies in the past was also a huge mistake, guess why they can now make armour plate…

Of course the US can, remember that whole Huawei incident they forced Canada into?

India has proven to be a potentially dangerous force to the West, they have nationalistic goals which they don’t care about who they harm to accomplish them. Letting them buy Canadian companies in the past was also a huge mistake, guess why they can now make armour plate…

And they've had an active spy network in Canada for ages ...

India's spies infiltrated West long before Canada's murder claim​

India's external intelligence service is a feared foe in its neighborhood: Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Nepal have all accused it of political meddling and involvement with outlawed groups that have perpetrated acts of violence.

Now, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's allegation last month that Indian government agents were involved in the June killing of Sikh separatist leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar in a Vancouver suburb has thrust Delhi's secretive Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) into the global spotlight.

India angrily denied the allegations and demanded that Canada - which expelled RAW's station chief - furnish evidence. Ottawa said it shared proof with allies, but will not release it publicly.

Reuters spoke to four retired and two serving Indian security and intelligence officials familiar with RAW who said the agency was galvanized to play a more assertive international role after the 2008 Mumbai attacks that left 166 people dead. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Letting them buy Canadian companies in the past was also a huge mistake, guess why they can now make armour plate…
I don't understand why we allow foreigners and especially those with ties to foreign governments to buy up companies in important industries like that. It's a really good way to let our technology be leaked to potentially hostile nations.

More intelligence assessments showing New Delhi messing with the 2022 elections CPC leadership selection. Also why US intelligence and law enforcement is frustrated with Canadian law enforcement.

I work with a number of Indians - Christians and Sikhs - and they all say that the Indian PM has little room or tolerance for non Hindus.

I don't understand why we allow foreigners and especially those with ties to foreign governments to buy up companies in important industries like that. It's a really good way to let our technology be leaked to potentially hostile nations.

Because "business" runs the country. Business wants to increase value. The way to increase value is build a successful company. Once it's successful, you can earn pennies by selling the product or dollars by selling the company. There are only a limited number of buyers for a particular company. Which buyer gets the company? The ones that will pay the most. Why does government allow it? Because "business" runs the country.

Because "business" runs the country. Business wants to increase value. The way to increase value is build a successful company. Once it's successful, you can earn pennies by selling the product or dollars by selling the company. There are only a limited number of buyers for a particular company. Which buyer gets the company? The ones that will pay the most. Why does government allow it? Because "business" runs the country.
And as it should be in an open economy. I think there are certain lines of business that should be protected from foreign ownership as a matter of strategic national interest, but that impacts their competitiveness and needs a government (and voter) willing to financially support them.

"Business" doesn't run the country. The most that can be claimed of "business" is that it exhibits spontaneous order.

If we've reached the point at which we feel government has to "allow" us things, we're beyond recovery.

Back