• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sihk Turban Allowance

armyca08

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having difficulty finding information regarding wearing a Turban in the CF. I've seen mention this is allowable for Sihk's but can't find any specific documents regarding any restrictions on it.

Eg.

Would an infantry soilder be able to wear the turban if they were Sihk at default? What about the dagger?

It seems like it is the same policy as the RCMP in regard to - as long as it does not interfere with wearing of headware. Likewise I am geussing that hair would obviously be off the neck area in the turban.

Are the occupational restrictions on the allowance.

Any documents online about this

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Because I would like to know if there are restriction on MOC choice for Sihks.

Is there a reason not to know?

I'd rather not divulge peresonally identifying information - not to be spookish. Anyway I found this interesting blog.

http://cfsikh.blogspot.com/

Thankyou if you do have and provide the information on policy regarding Sihks in the CF.

Why not ask the fellow who runs the blog,

Then you can elaborate on your findings.

dileas

tess

Turbans apropriate for wear in uniform are made available on the clothing website. Blue for AF, green for army.............

I'm sure that you are smart enough to figure out that you will not be able to wear it if you need to wear things like a kevlar helmet, gas mask, helmets for aircrew members, etc, etc, etc...

The dress manual contain the regulations for the wear of turbans in uniform....complete with a picture.

CDN Aviator said:
Turbans apropriate for wear in uniform are made available on the clothing website. Blue for AF, green for army.............

I'm sure that you are smart enough to figure out that you will not be able to wear it if you need to wear things like a kevlar helmet, gas mask, helmets for aircrew members, etc, etc, etc...

The dress manual contain the regulations for the wear of turbans in uniform....complete with a picture.

Awsome, thanks.

Back