• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signing Bonus???

In addition to those ones, there‘s information on all the signing bonuses offered here:

Recruitment Allowances

Basically the other signing bonuses are for engineering officers ($40,000), medical officers (up to $225,000) and dental officers ($25,000).

I‘m personally hoping for the engineering one to come through for me (recruitment place made sure I was aware that they can repeal the allowances at a moments notice) but even if it doesn‘t, I‘m not too concerned. I decided to join the CF before it was offered.

Thanks Hoser RD, appreciate it. I‘m awaiting word on my Army Res‘vs app (Sig Ops). By next yr I‘ll have a diploma in electronic eng. Hopefully I‘ll qualify for something if I go reg forces.

KB

Hey everybody I was just interrested if anyboy knew what the sign up bonus was for a Aerospace Engineer. I'm currently working on completing my degree. I just wanted to know what I would receive, so I can decide if I should do the ROTP, or pay for school on my own and then get the sign up bonus? Well any information that anybody has, would be much appreciated. By the way I already looked at the recruiting web site. But they don't give a actual amount. They give just a general idea of what is possible, and it's from like 25,000 to 225,000. So just want some clarification on this. Once again any information that anybody can give me, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

FX :salute: :cdn:

A signing bonus of up to $40,000 may be offered to Engineering applicants.  This can be taken away at anytime if the shortage in these occupations are filled.  Check with a CFRC for up to date info.  Another interesting point, if you have received any subsidy from the CF, you may not be eligible for a signing bonus.

Keep in mind that this bonus is for trained Engineers entering the Field Engineer trade - not Aerospace Engineer.  As far as I know there isn't a sign-up bonus for AERE.  But I could be wrong - call your local CFRC and give it a whirl.

Ok guys thank you for the information, and have your selfs a nice day. :salute: :cdn:

Check out this site for some info on the bonuses

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/airforce/bonuses_e.aspx

But I don't know if this is a complete list of trades that offer a sign up bonus. You'll have to talk to your local CFRC as previously advised.

Check here as well, this hasn't been updated since march, but it states which, high demand trades, offer sign up bonuses/allowences.  http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/news/details_e.aspx?id=295

I have two questions that I would hope someone could help me out with.

1) I've heard around campus about signing bonuses for going to the Army after college. I'm graduating from a 3 year program with an Ontario Advanced Diploma. The diploma (in my eyes) has nothing to do with my chosen occupation (infantry). Would the incentives still apply? Do incentives apply only to reg force?

2) On the application it is asking for HS and college transcripts/diplomas. Can I present a photocopy of my HS disploma and a legit copy of my college transcripts, or must I get transcripts from both?

Thanks guys!

A quick answer would be that you probably don't qualify for a Signing Bonus.  If I a correct in my interpretation of the incentives being offered, they were designed to attract Highly Skilled Technicians into the CSS Trades and Officers to fill Medical, Dental and Legal positions.  No such incentives for anyone intending on entering the Combat Arms.

Hi there,

1) There are signing bonuses, but they are for specific trades only. (Generally Officer positions) Such as people with university degrees in Dentistry, Medicine, and Engineering.   There is no signing bonus for Infantry last time I looked. Check on the recruiting website for info on it.

2)  They want official documents of your transcripts and grades, both College and HS.

Pieman

I confirm that there are no incentives or bonuses for Infantry or any other combat arms occupation and yes the incentives/bonuses only apply to the Reg F.

how exactly does that work? like...i get sworn in on March 14th do i get any bonus or is that like when your 3 years are up and you sign again??

if you could explain that for me it would be great thx.

Only certain trades get a signing bonus, an to qualify for it your need some related civvie training.

If the CFRC staff never mentioned anything about it to you, you ain't gettin one.

Does anyone know of a new round of signing bonuses being offered? Comabt Arms (skilled)?
Rumour net is running well.  Was wondering if there was anyone here that knew for sure or knew where to look.

thanks

Ya, there's a signing bonus.        It's called your uniform and 3 squares,, ;D

But seriously, if there was, I would consider re-upping for the regs instead of the reserves.

LIKELY said:
Does anyone know of a new round of signing bonuses being offered? Comabt Arms (skilled)?
Rumour net is running well.  Was wondering if there was anyone here that knew for sure or knew where to look.

thanks

Go to the OFFICIAL recruiting page www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca and poke around there. It has a list of all the trade that recieve bonuses and incentives for enrolling in those particular trades.

Back