• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signal Operator Course?

MikeL said:
Any word on why the change, since Alpha was just for LOG, MP and Medics before.

SQ is a good go, get to do a lot of good training. I loved the simmunition an FIBUA part of it, plus rappelling out of helicopters was cool too.

I haven't heard anything, I've been on a tasking since late May but I think 5 Pl was getting too big.

An update of sorts, got sent to Borden, yay.... And I'm off to SQ on the 2nd, then the week after I return (susceful) I'm on my drivers course, then the monday after I'm off to my QL3... As I found out the orginal plan was a OJT but that dissapeared once an opening on the July 5th course opened. So I guess I can count my lucky stars... Yay, there even giving me a forced vacation period of a week. No idea if I get this friday off or what, I was told I do, but you never know.

Ya im off to Gagetown with you. Gonna be a hot summer to do SQ. Can't wait to get away from PRETC for a while though.

been a while since I've had net access. Sq in G-Town was good, but thanks to the eye exam for the Driver Wheel I'm no longer on my 3's... What fun, looks like PRETC till Jan or so. Might have a job in the clerks office though, intresting a sig doing a clerks job. Go PRETC...

Too bad I cant get my hands on some good kit, trashed most of it during my SQ and havent bothered to get it all fixed, way to lazy to do that, or is it just that PRETC gives us really stupid timings to go to QM.

So whats everyone else up to?

Jager

I was originally scheduled to re-do my SQ and LSVW training again.  But made a memo with all the copies of my BMQ/SQ paper, now apparently I'm off to Sig Op 3s in Sept 29.  Got to get it confirmed just to be sure but I was lucky since I got to Borden on Aug 10 with A Coy, 1 Pl.

either I've asked you this 100 times in person or never, are you the one that took my spot ;)

Maybe :p but its good to be gone from Borden...I'll miss all the cute francophone girls in my platoon :)

In response to your original question ref your 3's;

You will be learning basic operation of the various radios, and the battery charger etc.
You will study basic electricity and signal propagation,
You will learn how to use PDT's (portable data terminals)- they are slow ineffective pieces of kit,
You will learn basic battle group level voice procedure, and
You will learn typing, and basic computer skills.

Oh and don't forget antenna set-up.

Back