• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SIGINT

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FieldRat

Have seen some reference to this trade (SIGINT) in the CANFORGEN.  Wondering if anyone has some information regarding this trade?  interested for reason's of possible remuster and want as much info as possible.

Thanks for any info you might have.

FR

SIGINT is not a trade, it is a form of information collection that can be turned into intelligence.   Applicable trades are Intelligence, Sigs, and Comms Research.   For more info on what they do, check out the recruiting page. :cdn:

SIGINT is not a trade, Comm Rsch (291) is the only trade that deals with SIGINT.  It is our niche, int ops do not deal with SIGINT except for reading our reports.  Fieldrat, what CANFORGEN are you referring to?  I have never, nor do I expect to, see a CANFORGEN regarding SIGINT.  Maybe you're confused with HUMINT, I have seen CANFORGENs relating to the HUMINT crse.  SIGINT tends to be highly classified....

291er said:
.... SIGINT tends to be highly classified....

...and if its like ELINT in my trade.....when continuing this thread , remember OPSEC !!

This is the NSA's defintion of SIGINT:

Signals Intelligence is technical and intelligence information derived from the exploitation of foreign electronic emissions which is comprised either individually or in combination of communications intelligence (COMINT), electronic intelligence (ELINT), and foreign instrumentation signals intelligence (FISINT).

291er is right.  Comm Rsch is a trade to consider if SIGINT is something that you are interested in. 

Fieldrat, feel free to message me if you have any questions about Comm Rsch (291).  I will tell you what I can.

Cheers

Same goes for me field, feel free to gimme a shout.
WRT OPSEC, aesop, I was'nt planning to go into the particulars of SIGINT, I was simply stating that it tends to be classified, that's why I would be surprised to see a CANFORGEN on it.  I just checked the CANFORGEN's for the past two years, there is none regarding SIGINT, I think our friend has it confused with HUMINT.

291er said:
WRT OPSEC, aesop, I was'nt planning to go into the particulars of SIGINT, I was simply stating that it tends to be classified, that's why I would be surprised to see a CANFORGEN on it.   I just checked the CANFORGEN's for the past two years, there is none regarding SIGINT, I think our friend has it confused with HUMINT.

Yeah, i think HUMIT was what he was thinking of.  I didn't think for a second that OPSEC would be violtaed but just saying what i said sometimes eliminates questions that we just can't answer.

Cheers

seen...this is true, this is true, too many questions = no fun

Thanks for the info guys,

The mention of (SIGINT) I was talking about in the CANFORGEN though was just the name in the HUMINT posting.

Cheers,

FR

291er said:
WRT OPSEC, aesop, I was'nt planning to go into the particulars of SIGINT, I was simply stating that it tends to be classified, that's why I would be surprised to see a CANFORGEN on it.   I just checked the CANFORGEN's for the past two years, there is none regarding SIGINT, I think our friend has it confused with HUMINT.
Yes but if you want a real signals trade contact me.  Just kidding 291er.  I don't know what I would do without you guys not jamming, spoofing or generally screwing us over. lol guys

what's that?  Sorry Radop can't hear you over all that money I'm making with my spec pay :p
sorry for the burn, its really the only thing we can hold over you, and you're right, we're not a true signals trade per se, more closely affiliated with Int.  In the States most of our trade equivalents are in the Int community I believe.

"Comm Rsch (291) is the only trade that deals with SIGINT"

you must be new at this game 291er!!!! (wait)

I just checked your profile and I was right, 5 years in, no medals, no operational experience. Just a trip to the Coffee Shop at 101 and maybe a bus trip back to Uplands.

Do some research first, learn about different agencies working within the NCR and the Coasts.Call your own school and find out what courses they running and some of the different trades that attending these specialty courses. You will be amazed!!!

Lets call it some professional development training.

Typical........

NCRCrow said:

I just checked your profile and I was right, 5 years in, no medals, no operational experience. Just a trip to the Coffee Shop at 101 and maybe a bus trip back to Uplands.

Do some research first, learn about different agencies working within the NCR and the Coasts.Call your own school and find out what courses they running and some of the different trades that attending these specialty courses. You will be amazed!!!

Typical........

Maybe you could elighten the rest of us......

I will rephase that.....291 is the main trade that deals with SIGINT.....other trades may deal with it, but it is our bread and butter.  Definitely other trades deal with it, it is a form of intelligence.....
As for your attack on me and my career experience, completely unwarranted.  I did not say that I was the SIGINT know-it-all, just trying to share what I do know.  Who are you to say that I have no operational experience when in fact, your profile says nothing at all WRT to any of your experience??  As far as the different agencies working within the NCR and coasts....that was'nt the topic of this discussion...if you had bothered to read the rest of it, you would know that.....I know very well what the other agencies are and what they do.  I worked in an environment for the past year in which I provided just that sort of information with the higher echelon and decision makers at DND, including the CDS.....I don't need to do any research of the sort
Here's some professional development for you, think before you speak and work on your people skills

NCRCrow said:

Typical........

Nice to be able to hide behind a blank profile isn't it. I can see you will be lasting here.

NCRCrow,

Personal attacks will not be tolerated on these boards.  You could have gotten your point across without making it personal like you did.  Watch your step.

brin11, 291er:
Wilco,will practice better EMCON! Apologies to 291er and the Forum.

Crow Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back