• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sig Op hopefuls out there

kingston is fun. except when you have idiots on course with you that cause you to do extras because they like to go out drinking on a thursday night and get so drunk they cant make timings friday morning.

then.. its not so fun.

I think its everywhere that sorta problem.  i just wish people would grow up..

they dont exist in borden anymore. sadly  we do have like 4 dollar nights though . i got pleanty drunk in borden.  those times are gone though, im on the ql3s so until I top that.. no partying.

well ya, though if i do plan on drinking I do it in my apartment. :p
though I hear stages in kingston is nice.

Tomas said:
they dont exist in borden anymore. sadly   we do have like 4 dollar nights though . i got pleanty drunk in borden.   those times are gone though, im on the ql3s so until I top that.. no partying.

Since when does a Sig Op Ql3 course mean no partying?

I'm actually have difficulty understanding TCCCS without a hang over.

Damn right,
I was drunk through my entire 3's course, its so boring you have to be. I kinda over did it in the end but it was all in good fun.
I was on tomas' course, and I cant believe he would b*tch online for the little bit of cock we got for 1 bad friday, we didnt even lose our wknd. All we had to do is mark time for 45 mins with water breaks.

Yup, after resending my medical information twice I am supposedly good to go.  Shilo july 4th, anyone else gonna be there?

EightPistons said:
Yup, after resending my medical information twice I am supposedly good to go.  Shilo july 4th, anyone else gonna be there?

Not gonna be there, but good luck on your BMQ, I probably know quite a bit of your staff.

Enjoy beautiful Shilo, MB. I'll be in Kingston hoisting beers for you  ;D

I just finished the app process and waiting for my call back. Does anyone know when the next batch of training starts for SigOps? Also could any one provide me with some tips into Basic Training?

The next batch starts August 18th, and after that October.

As for BMQ, take a sense of humour and do as told, but most importantly always have a sense of humor.

PS:Be prepared to be sitting around in PRETC for atleast a few months, I spent close to three months in Borden before going to Kingston.

Futuretrooper said:
PS:Be prepared to be sitting around in PRETC for atleast a few months, I spent close to three months in Borden before going to Kingston.

I assume I will be headed to Borden for a while as well, prior to going to Kingston. Is that for SQ? I have 2 weeks remaining in BMQ, and am going SigOp.

Zombie said:
I assume I will be headed to Borden for a while as well, prior to going to Kingston. Is that for SQ? I have 2 weeks remaining in BMQ, and am going SigOp.

SQ is not run at Borden. You will most likely do SQ in Meaford. PRETC in Borden is just a holding unit, wait out there untill you go on course. You will also get your driver wheel done in Borden.

When you are done your BMQ, you will be sent to CFB Borden, an placed in 5 Plt, B Coy, PRETC. Than you will be sent off to do your SQ sometime after that, come back wait out for awhile than do your LS Driver Wheel. Wait some more, than be sent to CFB Kingston to do your QL3.

Yety another Sig Op hopeful (don't let the name fool you..i gave up on THAT dream a while ago :p ). Still in the testing phase of recruitment..but hopefully things will go nicely.

RMC-Wannabe:  Why would you be fooled of the name SigOp?  Something you missed in the recruiting manual somewhere?  LOL

EightPistons: Had a buddy of mine get all hot n bothered that he was off to Kingston for his QL3 a few years back.  Saw him in the Mess over Christmas.  He was all pissed at the universe that he was shuffled to Shilo.  He has always had bad luck in that way.

Just a SigOp:   Hell man, TCCCS is MUCH more fun while yer hung over!  Just be glad that you are able to hoist a pint or 4 on your course.  My QL3 back in 1992 was dry!  Was not the most enjoyable time I ever spent.  However, you overcome the issues...

And yes, for the record, I am a SigOp, formally RTOP; supposedly RadTech in for 14 years and a bit.  I tell you, if you want challenge where you will always be learning, this is the place to be in my opinion.

V.V.V.

Armoured Signaller said:
RMC-Wannabe:  Why would you be fooled of the name SigOp?  Something you missed in the recruiting manual somewhere?  LOL

<----------I was reffering to mine :p. RMC doesn't really appeal to me as it once did. Now, being a Sig Op on the other hand.... :D

RMC: Fair enough there, man.  Good luck in the recruiting/selection process.  If you get posted to Kingston, you'll no doubt run into one of my bretheren, MCpl Homer.  Good guy.

Back