• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should i call or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright guys i did a search and i couldn't find anything that matched my question so Ive decided to ask.

Around the 15th of December i received a call from the MCC at the Barrie recruitment centre, she told me she would be going on maternity leave during the Christmas break and that somebody else would be taking care of my file from now on. 

Without thinking i said okay, thanked her for letting me know and said bye. then it occurred to me about a week ago, i don't know if i am supposed to call the recruiting centre and ask who is handling my file now so that i can talk to them or if i should just wait for them to call me. Thanks for any replies.

You seriously want someone to tell you if you should call or not?

Be proactive rather than reactive    ;)

Regards

yes...call and take matters into your own hands...to a certain extent, of course. Don't boss them, but let them know that this process is important to you and that you would like to know where you're at in the process.

kincanucks said:
You seriously want someone to tell you if you should call or not?

I thought they might call me.. guess not.

i called to set up an interview, but she said "we are prioritizing our files, we'll call you", this means to me "we're calling the best people first, leave us alone".  I've been told by the people at my armoury to keep calling them even though they said they'll call you back, is this what I should do even though they said "prioritizing our files"?

Also, information about armoured recce reserves part time, is all the information I can find on this page? http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,3.0.html

because it doesn't answer all my questions and an official said know everything about your trade before you come in.

I don't work for recruiting, so take this for what it's worth.

I wouldn't call, at least not for a few weeks.  The CF is pretty much always hiring (depending on trade), so if you're the candidate that they're looking for you will get a call.  That having been said, sometimes files fall through the cracks.  Back in 1997 when I got in I did all the testing and then the next call I got was for my travel arrangements (they forgot to call me with my offer). 
If you don't hear anything by the end of Feb it wouldn't hurt to give them a call, but just remember that no one likes to be pestered so give recruiting some time to work.

Good luck.

Prioritizing their files means that it is ROTP season and other files take the back seat until there is space.  You shouldn't be calling the CFRC/D, the reserve unit that forwarded your file to them should be calling to find out when their files are going to be processed.  So call the reserve unit and find out when you are going to be processed.  Let them earn their keep.

Ok, but I was told by my aptitude tester to call the CFRC/D, also a private told me that too whatever thats worth.  But I guess I won't be calling the CFRC/D, hopefully they can contact me before summer bmq starts.

projectile said:
Ok, but I was told by my aptitude tester to call the CFRC/D, also a private told me that too whatever thats worth.  But I guess I won't be calling the CFRC/D, hopefully they can contact me before summer bmq starts.

Call the reserve unit anyway.

I don't want to be a pain in the ass, but how often should I phone the recruiting centre to see what the progress of my file is? I have been told someone would get a hold of me in a week, and it is now three weeks, but last time I phoned (last week) I was told that someone was looking into it and would phone me shortly. Who hasn't heard that before? If I phone every week, will I become a 'difficult' potential recruit?

I would suggest call once a week or once every two weeks.

You shouldn't make you look bad, it will show that you are keen to get in.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back