• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sgt. Scott Shipway Killed 7 Wounded- Sept 7/ 2008

Another sad day...

RIP Sgt Shipway, your sacrifice will never be forgotten.
Condolences to his family and friends.
Speedy recovery to the wounded.

RIP Sgt Shipway.

My condolences to his family, loved ones, friends and comrades.

Speedy and full recovery for all the wounded.

:cdn:  :salute:

CF Statement
Earlier today, one Canadian soldier was killed and seven were injured after their armoured vehicle struck an improvised explosive device during a security patrol in Panjwayii District at approximately 12:30 p.m., Kandahar time.

The fallen soldier is Sgt Prescott Shipway, an infantryman with the Second Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry based in Shilo, Manitoba.

Afghan National Army soldiers secured the area while the Canadian soldiers were being cared for before being evacuated by helicopter to Kandahar Air Field’s Role 3 Multi-National Medical Facility.

The injured soldiers are reported to be in good condition. All were treated and are expected to self-notify their next of kin. The wounded soldiers’ names will not be released.

Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Sgt Shipway during this difficult time. In the upcoming days, we will be focusing our efforts on providing the best possible support to the family and colleagues of our brother-in-arms as we continue in our mission to bring security and stability to the people of Kandahar province.

Such sad news to wake up to here on a sunny Monday morning in Australia.

Again, my thoughts are those he left behind in his Pl, and his family and mates back in the safety of Canada.

For those WIA, a speedy recovery.

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Such sad news to wake up to here on a sunny Monday morning in Australia.

Again, my thoughts are those he left behind in his Pl, and his family and mates back in the safety of Canada.

For those WIA, a speedy recovery.

OWDU

My Comments Echo Wes.

Never a good day to hear news like this....

dammit.... it always hurts even more when its so close to homecomming.......

I hope TF 03-08 gives em bloody hell over there in the winter months....

RIP, my thoughts go out to the family....

Message from Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, on the Death of Sergeant Prescott Shipway
September 7, 2008

OTTAWA— A Canadian family, the men and women serving in our Canadian Forces and the whole country are mourning the tragic death of one of our soldiers during his mission in Afghanistan.

My husband, Jean-Daniel Lafond, and I are deeply affected by this loss and the pain that comes with it.

Sergeant Prescott Shipway of the 2nd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, stationed in Shilo, Manitoba, believed whole-heartedly in the mission that he was chosen for. At the risk of his life, he worked to protect the citizens of this country torn by war, as well as for the values in which he believed. Sgt Shipway played a significant role by his mere presence in this conflict, and even more by the skills and the commitment he brought to the task.

No testimonial will ever be sufficient to express the gratitude we feel towards such a sacrifice and that of his brothers and sisters in arms. We will remember him and all of you who are still serving in Afghanistan remain in our thoughts.

We also wish a prompt recovery to the seven soldiers injured during this security patrol operation.

Michaëlle Jean

‑30‑

Media information
Marie-Ève Létourneau 
Rideau Hall Press Office 
613-998-0287 
www.gg.ca     
www.citizenvoices.gg.ca 

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada
7 September 2008
Ottawa, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper issued the following statement today on the death of Sergeant Prescott Shipway who was serving in Afghanistan:

“On behalf of all Canadians and of the Government of Canada, I would like to offer my deepest sympathies to the loved ones of Sergeant Prescott, who died in the line of duty today in Afghanistan.  Our thoughts also go out to his seven comrades who were injured in the same incident.  We wish them a prompt recovery and are grateful for their selfless service to this country.

Sgt. Shipway was killed during a security patrol in Panjwayii District when the armoured vehicle his was riding in hit an improvised explosive device.  These patrols are an essential part of providing the stability required to ensure that social and economic development can take place in Afghanistan.

The brave men and women of the Canadian Forces continue to face considerable risk promoting security, democracy and self-sufficiency in Afghanistan.  We will continue to stand firmly behind CF members, Canadian civilians and our international allies as we work together to rebuild this war torn country.

Today, I join with all Canadians to mourn the death of Sgt. Prescott Shipway.  The sacrifice he made to help ensure a brighter future for the Afghan people will not be forgotten.”

Sgt. Prescott Shipway was an infantryman with the Second Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry based at Shilo, Manitoba.

My heart goes out to the family and may you rest in peace sgt.
:salute:

Statement
Statement by the Minister of National Defence on the death of one Canadian soldier in Afghanistan

NR–08.068 - September 7, 2008

OTTAWA - The Honourable Peter Gordon MacKay, Minister of National Defence and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, issued the following statement today on the death of a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan:

"It is with profound sadness I learned of the death of Sergeant Prescott Shipway today in Afghanistan. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this difficult time. I also wish a quick recovery to the other seven soldiers injured in this incident.

The United Nations-mandated mission in Afghanistan remains a challenging one, but these challenges will not deter us from helping Afghans reclaim their lives and build a more free and democratic society.

The bravery and dedication demonstrated by the men and women of the Canadian Forces in helping make Afghanistan safer and a better place to live are a powerful tribute to the values that this country cherishes. Canada will remain forever grateful for Sergeant Shipway’s sacrifice, and we are saddened by his loss.”

-30-

Sgt. Prescott Shipway was an infantryman with the Second Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry based at Shilo, Manitoba.

R.I.P. Sgt. Shipway :salute:
My deepest condolences to his family and comrades.
To all that were hurt I wish you a speedy recovery.

RIP Sgt Shipway.

May your family find peace.

rip sgt  shipway  :salute:
you will not be forgotten  :cdn:
speedy recovery to the wounded...  :salute:
condolences to family friends and comrades..
                  scoty b

Stand easy, Sgt Shipway.  Thoughts and prayers to family, friends and fellow soldiers.

As a civillain I am always greatfull to the fact there are those willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice in keeping the rest of us safe back home .   I hope that your now Resting in Peace Sergent  you and the other fallen before you will not be forgotten  .

RIP Sgt Shipway

My condolences to his friends,  family and his children -

muffin

I know I'm missing a party tonight, because I'm sure Vaughan is waiting at the Pearly Gates for Ship to show up with a 40 of Rye and a case of beer.

Fuck...

I was in same section in Cyprus with Ship in 93 back before the change of cap badge, then Cgy and Ed with 1VP.

Fair Winds and Soft Landings...

Back